General 2021 WILL THE WARRIORS MAKE THE TOP 8?

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
As fans the big ASSumption is that the playing group are all driven and galvanised by the opportunity to make the eight.
As fans it’s our benchmark for an improved season and year on year improvement - we are willing it to happen!
I’m sceptical that making the finals is the driver right now for the Warriors playing group.
There’s some individuals playing well in stretches but that’s about all you could say.
There’s no fire in the belly, no combinations formed, no edges that carry any strike. It’s all pretty ho hum. I think they’re a team struggling to find their mojo and it’s pretty late in the season to be in that basket.
Also not convinced adding new players fixes it. Really happy to be proven wrong but I won’t assume it’s their priority just because I think it should be.

View attachment 44551
The injuries and players in and out of the squads probably the reason for the lack of cohesiveness

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Those last two games were certainly the tipping point in fighting to stay in touch. We had our chance in both, but two 10 minute periods of generous reffing along with some mental fragility on our part proved the difference in the end.

When it gets to 14 losses is when its statistically over for the cluster of teams sitting within 4 points of each other at the moment.

The Dragons are self destructing by the minute and play lots of games against top 4 sides for their run home so they will more than likely tumble out of the 8. The Sharks win yesterday should be enough for them to get one of the last 2 spots as they have a soft run of games. Will be backing them from now on - only for Shaun Johnson, not for the club - but would really like to see us get some revenge when we play them again in a few weeks. The team most likely to get the other spot will be the Knights who I think will limp into 8th with 11 wins, 12 if they are lucky.

Its going to be interesting these final 8 rounds with the relocation to QLD, probably for the remainder of the season. Most of our players are used to the nomadic team life now, seemed to have no effect on Melbourne last year, but it will be interesting to see how the Sydney clubs manage the change of scenery.

I still hold out some faint hope that all of these new combinations click and we go on a massive winning streak. Unlikely, but every game still holds plenty of interest, particularly for season 22.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
We have as much chance of making the 8 as Ghislaine Maxwell does of not getting suicided.
I agree except for what Jonesey101 says
Its going to be interesting these final 8 rounds with the relocation to QLD, probably for the remainder of the season. Most of our players are used to the nomadic team life now, seemed to have no effect on Melbourne last year, but it will be interesting to see how the Sydney clubs manage the change of scenery.
other than that...no way.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Faithful

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 16, 2017
Had to go back to 2009 to find the last time the Warriors had gone 16 games with only 5 wins, however it was 5 wins, 1 draw and 10 losses. They finished 14th that year. You have to travel back to 2004 to find the last time they had played 16 games for 5 wins 11 losses. They also finished that season up in 14th spot. 😬

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Tab paying 6.50 for warriors top 8 finish. The gambler in me is saying to chuck a sneaky bet in there but it's not gonna be good for my blood pressure rest of the season 😅.
wait a week or two... it will be paying more then ;)

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Have lost far too much money on the warriors this year ☹️.
Speaking of betting, I've noticed there's hardly been any upsets this year. Possibly due the bloody new rules.
there are plenty of opportunities to use the points start this year though. Particularly with the storm and NSW

Reactions: J_P

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Have lost far too much money on the warriors this year ☹️.
Speaking of betting, I've noticed there's hardly been any upsets this year. Possibly due the bloody new rules.

I went all in when someone rumoured Shaun Johnson was out for the Sharks.

Never ever listening to cats on this forum and their rumours about who is and isnt playing...

• Sad
Reactions: J_P

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
I went all in when someone rumoured Shaun Johnson was out for the Sharks.

Never ever listening to cats on this forum and their rumours about who is and isnt playing...
Your second sentence made me laugh but didn't want to post the laughing emoji. Karma's a bitch, so sad emoji it is, I feel your pain.

Teeps4Shore

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 17, 2021
I am frustrated with this season. We were travelling ok but we’ve given away so many victories this year through lack of leadership in the halves. Kodi/Chanel kicks a field goal to take the lead on full time in two games, and Chad kicks to a corner instead of trying his luck and we are 8 and 8. Instead we are 5 and 11. All on our own lack of execution. On us. No one else. It’s a lack of confidence and the execution to shut games down.

that will come. It has to. We are not a shit team. We are so fucking close - we can all see that.

we’ve had 9 years of heartbreak and that grinds you down. Our fan base desperately wants our team to do well. I reckon more people would celebrate a Warriors premiership than an All Blacks world cup win… we need to see success now…

we will win games this year. I reckon we might win 5… broncs dogs raiders sharks titans tigers. Heck if we get to full strength and get the rub of the green we could win all of these.

make the 8? Hmmm. Unlikely. Only if we win 6 of 8 minimum. And one of those by 30+

success is getting to the 8 at this point given where we are. But geez we need a lot to go right…

South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings