General 2021 WILL THE WARRIORS MAKE THE TOP 8?

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Both Panthers halves injured now too, they should come right in time to play us but you never know.
Let's say after this first shark's game , we get quite a few injured and quarantined players back and go on a run...?
Walsh, Chad, sheck, Kodi
There's some serious points if things click.
With guys like aitken Montoya and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak , lodge , Fonda Blake... things could get interesting
If we can just stay injury free and get a team in the park consistently

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Imo anything could happen in this comp right now.
The only certainties are the storm panthers rabbits and manly atm.
That'll be the top 4.
5 horse race with the eels in the mix as well.

Roosters have gone from certain top 4, been injury hit and now look like limping into the finals as also rans.

RTS’s calves

U20's Player
Aug 25, 2020
looking at our draw we have 9 games left. Sharks, Panthers, Rabbits, Tigers, Sharks, Dogs, Broncos, Raiders, Titans. Compared to some other teams fighting for a top 8 spot it is on the easier side. Sharks, Panthers (Origin Players rested), tigers, bulldogs, raiders and titans can all be beaten. With this new squad anything is possible. I'm not gonna rule us out yet. keep the faith

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
If we put our best team out there really believe it is achievable, if we fail to fire moving forward it stops with Brown and my feelings are it will not be a good outcome for him.

I Don't think Reece Walsh will be required for Qld, unless they bring him into the wider squad. So once he is fit should be available for the Warriors.

Unknowns are injuries to key players and how long for?

We have to man up and stop capitulation in the dying minutes of games it is all about belief.

The coaching staff seemed to want to save the season by all the mid year signings, but another question for me what are they planning for David the forgotten winger on mega bucks just doesn't make sense him flying under the radar.

As they say we are close but no cigar.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
It’s still possible, but not very probable. Would have to win 7 or 8 out of the last 9 and hope a few other things go our way.

With our top team it’s possible, but again we haven’t had our top team for most of the year so it would be a big ask to string 7 or 8 games together with everyone available.

If we do make the top 8 though, it will be great watching for the rest of the year and would fancy our chances against some of the lesser top 8 teams too, so anything’s possible…

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Who would have thought after Friday night that we would hear:

Cleary and Luai will be missing for our upcoming game.
The Sharks would lose to the Broncos.
The Dragons season would be in jeopardy with a bunch of players not only breaking the NRL bubble, but Govt restrictions.

Lets take that defeat on Friday night as motivation to go on a competitive run. We still have much to play for. The seasons not over.

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
Lets take that defeat on Friday night as motivation to go on a competitive run. We still have much to play for. The seasons not over.
I hear what you are saying. The problem I have come to realise over the years is that in the rare case of the Warriors it is only the fans that tend to take things as motivation.

The majority of our players don't care (as confirmed by Blake Green). Motivation in the case of the Warriors is a silly little anomaly for fans to concern themselves with. The players themselves are all about making sure they get paid so they can take care of their families. Footy is just the means to that end.

Unless we change our culture, it doesn't matter how good of a squad we build, they will continue to suck because they don't care (as much as we do). Of course they will and have claimed this is false over the years, but actions speak louder than words, and Warriors actions tell quite a consistent and sad tale through their history.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I hear what you are saying. The problem I have come to realise over the years is that in the rare case of the Warriors it is only the fans that tend to take things as motivation.

The majority of our players don't care (as confirmed by Blake Green). Motivation in the case of the Warriors is a silly little anomaly for fans to concern themselves with. The players themselves are all about making sure they get paid so they can take care of their families. Footy is just the means to that end.

Unless we change our culture, it doesn't matter how good of a squad we build, they will continue to suck because they don't care (as much as we do). Of course they will and have claimed this is false over the years, but actions speak louder than words, and Warriors actions tell quite a consistent and sad tale through their history.
Did you see the images after Friday nights game? Don't think I've seen that before. It shows this squad cares big time. We'll see what transpires, but I'm certain there is no lack of motivation this year.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
looking at our draw we have 9 games left. Sharks, Panthers, Rabbits, Tigers, Sharks, Dogs, Broncos, Raiders, Titans. Compared to some other teams fighting for a top 8 spot it is on the easier side. Sharks, Panthers (Origin Players rested), tigers, bulldogs, raiders and titans can all be beaten. With this new squad anything is possible. I'm not gonna rule us out yet. keep the faith
Your having a fucken laugh Tony Iro! They wont come close!!!

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
look i don't want to be a downer but let's be real, at this point, we're 5 from 15 and a chance for the spoon
if it wasn't for reece walsh, i'd be starting to panic.
The only thing we are certain of is not getting into the top 4.

Bulldogs currently have a -296 points differential which is horrendous so they would have to do a lot to overtake us on the ladder. That would need to be 4 more wins than we get in the next 9 games. Not impossible but not realistic.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017

I'd just like to point out that the squad is of a very different make-up as to when Blake green was here.

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
I'd just like to point out that the squad is of a very different make-up as to when Blake green was here.
True, and if it is different in that we have less guys who "don't even like footy", we might be ok. I hope so.

If not, we can expect more of the same regardless of how good we are on paper. There are plenty of Aussies out there who eat, sleep and breathe footy. That wins over our (immense) talent every time in the long run, and an NRL season is a long run.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
True, and if it is different in that we have less guys who "don't even like footy", we might be ok. I hope so.

If not, we can expect more of the same regardless of how good we are on paper. There are plenty of Aussies out there who eat, sleep and breathe footy. That wins over our (immense) talent every time in the long run, and an NRL season is a long run.
As fans the big ASSumption is that the playing group are all driven and galvanised by the opportunity to make the eight.
As fans it’s our benchmark for an improved season and year on year improvement - we are willing it to happen!
I’m sceptical that making the finals is the driver right now for the Warriors playing group.
There’s some individuals playing well in stretches but that’s about all you could say.
There’s no fire in the belly, no combinations formed, no edges that carry any strike. It’s all pretty ho hum. I think they’re a team struggling to find their mojo and it’s pretty late in the season to be in that basket.
Also not convinced adding new players fixes it. Really happy to be proven wrong but I won’t assume it’s their priority just because I think it should be.

1625383927800.gif

South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings