General 2021 WILL THE WARRIORS MAKE THE TOP 8?

j-bob

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2014
This foot ball team is not smart enough to make the eight.
If they do sneak in they will be out in the first week.
Not enough of these guys spend enough time studying the game and it shows.
They make too many dumb decisions at crucial times and even worse they do it when under no pressure.

we have quite a young team though and they should come right with the right coaching.
Is brown it?

I doubt it. But he can only play with the players he has and I guess for me it’s who he re signs out of the current bunch.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
We have had pretty good reffing the last few weeks as well as a lot of other results go our way so we are lucky to still be in touch.
I really want to make the finals for experience this year.

Reactions: BeastMode

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I think we still make it, Addin Fonua-Blake will make a big difference. We have grown quite a lot since he was injured and I'm picking us to go on a bit of a run after this bye.
Agreed.

People have forgotten that the Warriors pack did not take a backwards step to anyone when Addin Fonua-Blake was on.

Every player lifted, we are really strong, one of the strongest packs in the NRL.

Addin Fonua-Blake even had the measure of the Rorters till we lost him, and he shredded the Raiders depleted pack to bits...which would have been the type of form that tips the balance in our subsequent losses.

Addin Fonua-Blake is an Alpha pack leader like few others no one fks with him.

Also we have two tacklebot Aussies out....Curran and Siro...when those blokes play, the middle third is on lockdown defensively.

The Main impact of Addin Fonua-Blake is actually when he is off field, guys like Bunty and LAM punch through the middle as a follow on.

We have the players to bash the shit out of the best of the rest, but Addin Fonua-Blake is the most important player at the Warriors...not Reece Walsh Aiden Fonua Blake.

Addin Fonua-Blake won us games that Walsh is playing in and losing, in a tight contest a dominant forward pack always wins.

I am looking forward to the next phase of the Comp, if Addin Fonua-Blake stays fit, and Walsh plays...those two are NRL greats, they will win us more than we lose and we will be in the finals.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Agreed.

People have forgotten that the Warriors pack did not take a backwards step to anyone when Addin Fonua-Blake was on.

Every player lifted, we are really strong, one of the strongest packs in the NRL.

Addin Fonua-Blake even had the measure of the Rorters till we lost him, and he shredded the Raiders depleted pack to bits...which would have been the type of form that tips the balance in our subsequent losses.

Addin Fonua-Blake is an Alpha pack leader like few others no one fks with him.

Also we have two tacklebot Aussies out....Curran and Siro...when those blokes play, the middle third is on lockdown defensively.

The Main impact of Addin Fonua-Blake is actually when he is off field, guys like Bunty and LAM punch through the middle as a follow on.

We have the players to bash the shit out of the best of the rest, but Addin Fonua-Blake is the most important player at the Warriors...not Reece Walsh Aiden Fonua Blake.

Addin Fonua-Blake won us games that Walsh is playing in and losing, in a tight contest a dominant forward pack always wins.

I am looking forward to the next phase of the Comp, if Addin Fonua-Blake stays fit, and Walsh plays...those two are NRL greats, they will win us more than we lose and we will be in the finals.
Who you talking about Sup?

Didn’t catch the name? 😂

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Who you talking about Sup?

Didn’t catch the name? 😂
Sorry not enough AFBs and too many Aiden Fonua Blakes.

Oh the hours I have spent trying to find player ABC in these forum threads.....true story, I wasted hours tracking down players due to the lazy habit of using alphabet soup names for players right across the N.R.L....National Rugby league, oops I mean NRL which is a different comp to the National Rugby Loig...

One is supported by bogans and cool kids....the other is mentioned in historical texts.

Reactions: BeastMode

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Two favorable results for us in the weekend with the Knights and Titans losing. Shame the Broncos imploded against the Dragons in the second half and the Tigers had the good fortune of playing a Panthers side missing so many players to Origin.

Looking at the draw ahead and where teams are currently sitting, a win against the Storm in the weekend would be phenomenal for our top 8 chances so hope we can get it, but a loss wouldn't be fatal.

Its the 3 games that follow that are absolutely critical - Knights, Dragons, Sharks. All teams that are scrapping for those final 3 spots in the 8 that are still realistically available. Winning all three would put us right back in contention and go some way to shutting those other teams out. We must start having winning streaks and these 3 games provide the most opportune time for that.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Two favorable results for us in the weekend with the Knights and Titans losing. Shame the Broncos imploded against the Dragons in the second half and the Tigers had the good fortune of playing a Panthers side missing so many players to Origin.

Looking at the draw ahead and where teams are currently sitting, a win against the Storm in the weekend would be phenomenal for our top 8 chances so hope we can get it, but a loss wouldn't be fatal.

Its the 3 games that follow that are absolutely critical - Knights, Dragons, Sharks. All teams that are scrapping for those final 3 spots in the 8 that are still realistically available. Winning all three would put us right back in contention and go some way to shutting those other teams out. We must start having winning streaks and these 3 games provide the most opportune time for that.
With Nas out and Addin Fonua-Blake in id give us a real shot at winning over the storm

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
With Nas out and Addin Fonua-Blake in id give us a real shot at winning over the storm
Note that Walsh is suspended for this match against the Storm. Attacking opportunities will need to come from our existing spine. Good opportunity for them to stand up.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
We will have Addin Fonua-Blake back and Aitken and CHT finding some form after injury breaks. We should be reasonably settled and combinations starting to build. Walsh fresh and settled into first grade with us understanding how we will be playing him. Browns game plan and tactics should now be familiar to the squad. The 2021 team is bedded in and should start to show their potential.

If we don’t start winning the games against the fringe 8 teams we don’t deserve a top 8 spot.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
We will have Addin Fonua-Blake back and Aitken and CHT finding some form after injury breaks. We should be reasonably settled and combinations starting to build. Walsh fresh and settled into first grade with us understanding how we will be playing him. Browns game plan and tactics should now be familiar to the squad. The 2021 team is bedded in and should start to show their potential.

If we don’t start winning the games against the fringe 8 teams we don’t deserve a top 8 spot.
Agree. The game in the weekend is definitely winnable with Asofa-Solomona and Reimis Smith suspended, Kenny Bromwich looking to be out for two weeks and some inevitable niggles coming out of Origin 1, but even so the Storm are still firm favorites, their form has been that good. I'd be over the moon if we won in the weekend, but the 3 games that follow are against teams that have been getting soundly walloped in recent times so no excuses to drop any of them.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Man we have had some games go our way the last few weeks. It could be looking a lot worse. Let's take control of our season and not rely on other results for a change
Of our next 12 games we only play 4 games against teams currently above us on the ladder. That's the softest second half to a season we could ask for so plenty of opportunity to build some momentum if we are good enough.

gubbbs

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2016
It's super soft, I was pretty blown away using the NRL ladder predictor. If we beat teams below us on the ladder and lose every game to teams above us, we'll probably cruise into the 8. Such a shame we weren't able to grab the 2/4 points we've dropped this season. No way are we going deep, but 1 or 2 finals games would be such good experience for our youngsters. Would help with recruitment and retention as well.

Being the warriors this is a pretty brutal setup for disappointment when we drop 4 games to teams below us.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
So despite the loss yesterday there were still a number of results that went our way this round. Its looking like 12 wins and a good points differential is going to be enough for a spot in the bottom half of the 8 this year. Possibly even 11-13 will be enough the way things are tracking but that's not really something to celebrate.

The next 3 games are crucial against the other mid-table teams. At a minimum we need to grab 2 of them to stay in the hunt.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
So despite the loss yesterday there were still a number of results that went our way this round. Its looking like 12 wins and a good points differential is going to be enough for a spot in the bottom half of the 8 this year. Possibly even 11-13 will be enough the way things are tracking but that's not really something to celebrate.

The next 3 games are crucial against the other mid-table teams. At a minimum we need to grab 2 of them to stay in the hunt.
I'm confident providing Reece stays fit, if he goes down I wouldn't bet on us beating the Dogs at home.

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
We need to win some back to back games first and foremost and get some belief and momentum in the team. Confidence is a beautiful thing and we don’t have it at the moment. A settled side going into the back end of the season will be needed.
The mini comp going on between 6th - 14th is a cracker in itself to who will make the 8 - I get nervous about it writing this post 🤦🏽‍♂️😂

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings