General 2021 WILL THE WARRIORS MAKE THE TOP 8?

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Our attack has been dead since SJ left
Really?

Are you going to put all our brilliant attack down to SJ and just flat-out claim it's not been anywhere since he buggered off? It's much more 50-50 for me.

I think our attack had been dead for a while (in terms of where we regularly ended up when the ref would yell "Last tackle!") and SJ was every so often able to make it look like it was alive and shining. However, I think he also often got the ball and did sweet fuck all with it when our 5th tackle was in a pretty handy position...

Anyway...CHT has done nothing to indicate he must be in the 13 so far in his career with the Warriors. Frankly, a less experienced version of KN. Unlike RW in his two games. Maybe time to try CHT or KN as an interchange player, see what happens. After all, I don't think anyone on here's convinced that Egan is anything like an 80m hooker, as good as he might be in patches and whatever the coaching staff would like to be the situation. Tevaga seems to have found himself a home at 13, so therefore...

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Really?

Are you going to put all our brilliant attack down to SJ and just flat-out claim it's not been anywhere since he buggered off? It's much more 50-50 for me.

I think our attack had been dead for a while (in terms of where we regularly ended up when the ref would yell "Last tackle!") and SJ was every so often able to make it look like it was alive and shining. However, I think he also often got the ball and did sweet fuck all with it when our 5th tackle was in a pretty handy position...

Anyway...CHT has done nothing to indicate he must be in the 13 so far in his career with the Warriors. Frankly, a less experienced version of KN. Unlike RW in his two games. Maybe time to try CHT or KN as an interchange player, see what happens. After all, I don't think anyone on here's convinced that Egan is anything like an 80m hooker, as good as he might be in patches and whatever the coaching staff would like to be the situation. Tevaga seems to have found himself a home at 13, so therefore...
No not saying it was all SJ just proving it was not just because CHT was in the team. Chanel or Kodi are clearly nowhere near Walsh and never will be. But that doesn't mean we can't debate who plays. Looking foward to tommorow so see how it plays out. Although whatever happens we will need more than a hakf or a game to judge.

Reactions: mrblonde

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
If you listen to sheck in a recent article.. will try and find it he says they're now attacking from further put essentially with forwards tipping the ball on.
I'd put this down to a changing game plan.
Things are getting more complex under brownie in terms of attack and the defence hasn't been that bad really either.
Its just different players and different structures/gamestyles, weather ChT fits into that well or not we shall see tomorrow

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
If you listen to sheck in a recent article.. will try and find it he says they're now attacking from further put essentially with forwards tipping the ball on.
Things are getting more complex under brownie in terms of attack and the defence hasn't been that bad really either.
Its just different players and different structures/gamestyles, weather ChT fits into that well or not we shall see tomorrow
Yep been saying this for a while, we started simple and are building our style. Let's just wait and see!

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I hope the team isn't thinking about the 8, they should be breaking the draw into 4 game segments, if they do that right the 8 will take care of itself.

Because of the extreme injury list the game plan had to be simplified and be based on completions. As players come back in we see it evolve more.

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua

2021 WILL THE WARRIORS MAKE THE TOP 8?​

Yes. We are in the top 8 now, have had a horror run of injuries and have recruited Reece Walsh.
Furthermore lesser lights such as Curren and Pompey have been awesome.

Get our full roster back and I would say most definitely.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Things are getting more complex under brownie in terms of attack
The facetious part of me wants to say.....so the cunning complex plan is weve gone from 1 out passing to now 2 out?

Long overdue in my books, however i put most of the improved attacking play purely on Walsh, i think he's been the catalyst for most of our recent spark (altho RTS was mighty the first half last week too) wether running support lines, beating players 1 on 1 and creating space, throwing cut out passes, much improved bombs......most of it has come off the back of him.....take him out of the equation and i dont like the look of that picture so much.

Much improved tho.....now if only we could throw out a different shape from dummy half from time to time, and a few more block plays with bodies in motion......get Addin Fonua-Blake back.....happy days!

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
In looking ahead at the draw you would have to think we are absolutely specials to make the 8..

As the tables stands this very moment:
  • Games Remaining against top 4: 4 (Eels, Storm, Panthers, Rabbitohs)

• Games Remaining against bottom 5: 7 (Tigers x 2, Sharks x 2, Bulldogs, Broncos, Raiders)

• Games Remaining against mid-table: 4 (Cowboys, Titans, Dragons, Knights).
- 11 of our remaining 15 games sit 6th or lower on the table.

We have never had a better draw in my opinion

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
In looking ahead at the draw you would have to think we are absolutely specials to make the 8..

As the tables stands this very moment:
  • Games Remaining against top 4: 4 (Eels, Storm, Panthers, Rabbitohs)

• Games Remaining against bottom 5: 7 (Tigers x 2, Sharks x 2, Bulldogs, Broncos, Raiders)

• Games Remaining against mid-table: 4 (Cowboys, Titans, Dragons, Knights).
- 11 of our remaining 15 games sit 6th or lower on the table.

We have never had a better draw in my opinion
Great analysis. Statistically if we lose to the top 4; win half the mid table and all the bottom 4 games we win 9/15 and must improve our current 8th position.

If we’re good enough we’ve got this...

Reactions: Miket12

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
We have 14 games to go, 9 of them are against teams currently ourside of the 8, with 5 games against teams in the 8. The 5 teams in the 8 we have to play are Melbourne (Sunday after Origin 1), Penrith(Sunday after Origin 3), Bunnies, St George and Canberra. We probably will need 8 wins to be in the finals, meaning we need 6 or 7 wins against the celler dwellers and 1 or 2 against teams in the 8.

We cerrtainly can't blame the draw if we miss it this year, a very nice run, especially having the big guns around origin

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
We have 14 games to go, 9 of them are against teams currently ourside of the 8, with 5 games against teams in the 8. The 5 teams in the 8 we have to play are Melbourne (Sunday after Origin 1), Penrith(Sunday after Origin 3(, Bunnies, St George and Canberra. We probably will need 8 wins to be in the finals, meaning we need 6 or 7 wins against the celler dwellers and 1 or 2 against teams in the 8.
Were boned

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
We have 14 games to go, 9 of them are against teams currently ourside of the 8, with 5 games against teams in the 8. The 5 teams in the 8 we have to play are Melbourne (Sunday after Origin 1), Penrith(Sunday after Origin 3), Bunnies, St George and Canberra. We probably will need 8 wins to be in the finals, meaning we need 6 or 7 wins against the celler dwellers and 1 or 2 against teams in the 8.

We cerrtainly can't blame the draw if we miss it this year, a very nice run, especially having the big guns around origin
By the time we play Canberra they won't be in the 8 🤣

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Canberra and dragons are winnable, Storm and Penrith no way- south’s would be like the Parra level so unlikely. Even finishing in the 8 there’s only 2-3 teams that could win it anyways

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Tbh I’d like our chances with Dragons and Raiders over some of the bottom eight teams.

Origin players will back up for Storm and Panthers if they’re Sunday games. So unlikely wins, but still good time to play them. Bunnies probably unlikely also.

Overall decent ride home this year. So definately not making the eight.

DavidMcKay1974

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2013
I'll say it again we needed to win the first 6 of 10 games and we always make the Semis when that happens going by my stats.

The fact that we did not do that, means we won't be doing that so off my stats we may finish 9th at best.

But stats always have a habit of finding anomalies. It hasn't happened yet for us but this year may be different because the one anomalie that we have now is the wonder kid Reece Walsh, so he maybe the one to break my stats recording of needing to win at least the first 6 games out of 10.

If this kid keeps it up, we're looking at anywhere between 6 and 8.

dantheman

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2017
I'll say it again we needed to win the first 6 of 10 games and we always make the Semis when that happens going by my stats.

The fact that we did not do that, means we won't be doing that so off my stats we may finish 9th at best.

But stats always have a habit of finding anomalies. It hasn't happened yet for us but this year may be different because the one anomalie that we have now is the wonder kid Reece Walsh, so he maybe the one to break my stats recording of needing to win at least the first 6 games out of 10.

If this kid keeps it up, we're looking at anywhere between 6 and 8.
I still reckon we make the 8, the dragons will fall out and we have a decent run home. I think it will be us, Manly and the titans that make up those final 3 spots.

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings