Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
This must be fake news. From what im seeing here we offered 400k for this young buck (reese walsh) who plays fullback is yet to debut?? Also gus is leading the charge?! I thought gus has no involvement in recruiting and coaching?
If they really like him, it wouldn’t surprise me that they’ve offered 400k, they offered 600k for Dylan Brown and that would be an absolute steal now. One of the big plays Brown did was pinch Ponga from the Cowboys and that turned out alright for the Knights (maybe not Brown).

Love him or loathe him Gus is one of the most respected minds in the game, we’d be mugs not to get him involved in recruitment.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Quick , grab that #1 Warriors fan ... Dane Coles !

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
North Shore
If they really like him, it wouldn’t surprise me that they’ve offered 400k, they offered 600k for Dylan Brown and that would be an absolute steal now. One of the big plays Brown did was pinch Ponga from the Cowboys and that turned out alright for the Knights (maybe not Brown).

Love him or loathe him Gus is one of the most respected minds in the game, we’d be mugs not to get him involved in recruitment.

We also made a big offer for Tino before he had a break out season and made Origin.

Although our offers haven't been accepted, POS has been pretty good with targeting the right guys

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
We also made a big offer for Tino before he had a break out season and made Origin.

Although our offers haven't been accepted, POS has been pretty good with targeting the right guys
He has also nailed his recruits this year with those who did sign. Aitken was a great play, Addin Fonua-Blake, JTB, Egan etc

Ohgeelowk

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 24, 2020
I think they are right. Segeyaro has the talent but not the attitude and Peats is a poor mans nathan friend. If they wait a few weeks some one might get frustrated sitting on the sidelines, and jump at the chance of NRL games.
I think peats should try his had as a second rower if he can’t get a look in as a hooker. I think he has more to offer

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
This must be fake news. From what im seeing here we offered 400k for this young buck (reese walsh) who plays fullback is yet to debut?? Also gus is leading the charge?! I thought gus has no involvement in recruiting and coaching?
Remind me what Peter Badel's strike rate is again ... and where are we at with Kangaroos vs All Blacks game he tips to happen each and every year?
I read this as one person somewhere out there in the world floated the idea of the Warriors chasing Reece Walsh...

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Not too disappointed re-Hughes, had arguably the best spine players in the comp around him.

Certainly wouldn’t of had that luxury here. If I’m honest I’d want someone with more runs on the board for that kind of money rather than Hughes with one good season surrounded by great playmakers.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
5.0 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 22 ratings