Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I agree with the comments by those who are steering clear of Reynolds.
He has lost his speed as well and is injury prone.
We couldn't get rid of Blake Green fast enough yet some are wanting to sign the 2022 version
Was on nine news the other day, passionate South’s boy who doesn’t want to leave the bunnies- can’t see it happening

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Reynolds would be a pipe dream, but what he does well, organizing and kicking he does very well and those skills are unlikely to be affected by age.

Unsuited to partnering CHT though like Green was for similar reasons.

I think we really need a good look at CHT in the first half of the season to know where we are at halves wise. Too early to tell whether he is the future or we need another 7. Barring injury I’m sure we’ll find it out pretty early on this season.

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 1, 2015
Just recaping recruitment news from media and strong sources since rts announcement (leaving).

Warriors tabled offer:
Tohu Harris (TBD)
Jahrome Hughes (TBD)

Rumours linked to warriors:
Matthew Dufty (Waiting on dragons offer)
Scott Drinkwater (Wants to stay a cowboy)
Brandon Smith (Not wanted from warriors)

Rumoured but contracted to their clubs in 2022:
Joseph Manu (Wants to play fullback)
Ryan Papenhuzen (silent)

POS knows the warriors needs and its exciting. He is done building the forward pack (Big tick on that). Harris and hughes is top priority now. Even if it doesnt work out with those two. I have faith POS will not stop on recruiting the best for our club. Again just look at our forward pack.

foreignwarrior

Am I crazy if I say there is room for 1 more big forward. Or is our pack big enough now.

geepee

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 27, 2016
I reckon the longer an announcement on the fullback replacement for RTS, the more likely that it’s Joseph Manu. An article with him sounded like he wants to play fullback and stuck behind Tedesco. Also can’t even be in negotiations with him until November.
no i would say its why they got the offer on table to tohu more on how much we will spend and sorry to say if we give tohu rts coin theres no joey money hence we get hughes drinkwater or dufty i would say thats why offers been made other parties need know where they stand on cap

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
no i would say its why they got the offer on table to tohu more on how much we will spend and sorry to say if we give tohu rts coin theres no joey money hence we get hughes drinkwater or dufty i would say thats why offers been made other parties need know where they stand on cap
Would think Tohu Harris would get an upgrade but nowhere near RTS money. With RTS salary theres a lot hinges on Nikorimas option. Also likely Hikus money, which would be fairly low, but we’ve got quite a few coming off contract too. They might be able to swap one of the young props for Ah Mau, but that’s hopeful with his experience. More like keep Ah Mau, and let Bunty, Frei and Ale fight it out. Jazz is becoming an important cog in the wheel and could well test the market, I’ve heard rumours but hard to imagine with the pack he’s with now. Can’t see them keeping Curran, Hiku too I think will go. Think Lawton will be re signed after not pursuing other hookers. Jayden Nikorima might come into the fold too next year, maybe for O Sullivan? Perham, Pompey and Turner probably need to all be re signed? Sorry for the novel.

Woofa

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 25, 2013
Auckland
Was watching an interview with Katie Brown (nrl reporter) she said that CNK to warriors is really likely and to watch this space for 2022 because all his family is in nz including his kids 👀
Skip to 16 mins

Was gutted when he left.. was the ultimate team man.. tried his guts out (of course Kearney ignored him) .. always 120% effort from him and that is contagious.. if we get him for Roger and can upgrade a half.. I feel we will be very strong (def stronger than we were - respecting RTS immensely). Hopefully Egan becomes the man they are all bleating about.. but a stronger partner for CHT would be my priority.

geepee

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 27, 2016
Was gutted when he left.. was the ultimate team man.. tried his guts out (of course Kearney ignored him) .. always 120% effort from him and that is contagious.. if we get him for Roger and can upgrade a half.. I feel we will be very strong (def stronger than we were - respecting RTS immensely). Hopefully Egan becomes the man they are all bleating about.. but a stronger partner for CHT would be my priority.
please explain to me how he was ignored by mooks when cnk came out n said he did everything to try and keep him but he cnk wanted be a full back not centre

so was not going get that with rts

the likely hood og cnk getting out of 3 year deal will be pretty much not going be happening

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 1, 2015
please explain to me how he was ignored by mooks when cnk came out n said he did everything to try and keep him but he cnk wanted be a full back not centre

so was not going get that with rts

the likely hood og cnk getting out of 3 year deal will be pretty much not going be happening
I cant see the raiders releasing cnk on a 3 year contract. If the two clubs come to some kind of an arrangement, the warriors will have to pay huge compensation. Im not in on that.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings