Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I don't like the idea of a Reynolds/CHT halves at all. Combined with Egan and ??? over fullback and we have the makings of the blandest vanilla attack since Kearney said "process lads, ya know".
Sort of feel the same myself, need a player with a bit more xfactor with CHT I reckon unless he has a breakout season and develops xfactor, probably more natural than developed though?

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Sort of feel the same myself, need a player with a bit more xfactor with CHT I reckon unless he has a breakout season and develops xfactor, probably more natural than developed though?

Yeah, CHT can definitely develop more and hold his own on attack, but doesn't have that extra gear to compensate for someone like Green/Reynolds outside him.

Reynolds works well at Souths because he compliments what Cook/Walker do. CHT doesn't have that luxury and it wouldn't be fair to ask him to burden the SJ load when he doesn't have the SJ ability.

Vancent

It is what it is...
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Reynolds for three years is a no brainer. Rarely makes errors, has an excellent long and short kicking game, passes wel L or R, has some toe over 40m, runs on occasion to them guessing and is consistently ranked in the leading goal kicker stakes.

I think with a genuine organising half like Reynolds, CHT would have more licence to play off cuff which I think is more his style.

Those two half’s with Niko at 14 and the beasts filling the rest of the bench spots would have us in the Top 4 I feel.

I’d be going hard right now with Rogers money ($800k a year for three yrs) and get CNK back at a discount with the rest (mostly....).

geepee

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 27, 2016
end of the day hes got 6 good years left in him if we want to get rid of one of our halfs hes the perfect guy to teach turner and cht the ropes , something kodi won't give and those two wont learn on there own
something having hughes in haves would do teach those two to be more than 1 trick ponys

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
end of the day hes got 6 good years left in him if we want to get rid of one of our halfs hes the perfect guy to teach turner and cht the ropes , something kodi won't give and those two wont learn on there own
A guy who has had back, hamstring and groin surgeries recently is going to play until he is 36?
South’s view him as a year to year proposition due to his injuries

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
If the Bunnies are balking at offering their own champion half a long term deal then alarm bells should be ringing for any other club thinking of offering him a retirement package.

His shoulder looked completely cooked last season. Not to mention his back issues - these injuries have been plaguing him for several seasons now. Pass.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
If the Bunnies are balking at offering their own champion half a long term deal then alarm bells should be ringing for any other club thinking of offering him a retirement package.

His shoulder looked completely cooked last season. Not to mention his back issues - these injuries have been plaguing him for several seasons now. Pass.

Agreed, and the rest of their spine is Latrell, Walker, Cook. If Reynolds doesn't take a lower offer all they really need is a controlling half to steer them around the field and they're fine. We need a lot more than that.

Geoffpublic

Warriors. As good as Gould
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland

geepee

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 27, 2016
ummm so a a guy thats has played over 20 games a season last 3 season and his bad seasons were over 5 years

how many games he suppose play when he plays better than a lot and most half in the comp are around his age anyway that are decent

we all know why they getting rid of him to keep Latrell n co

and hes way better than kodi n cht

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Hopefully we can get Harris locked up soon as its one less thing to worry about.

Then they can look at how they are going to redistribute their cap. After the RTS announcement they said they'd likely recruit his replacement. So likely a fullback and someone else.

Good that we are active in the market. Find it interesting who we are linked to as we haven't played a game yet under Brown so no chances to see the style of play or which players gell with his coaching.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings