Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
fast enough between the ears to steal the intercept and smart enough to secure a try by passing to the support player 10m out, would have beat the defence if it wasn't pre-season and match fitness was good..
Was wondering about him, saw he was buckled over hands on hips after 10 minutes. I‘m aware Robbo likes to work towards keeping his players fresh at the back end of the year so not sure what his loads are like.

The guys not Dufty quick but he’s no slouch either, there’s tape of him running down Bevan French to make a covering tackle. French considered by Shirvo at the time to be in the top 3 fastest players in the competiton.

The few times I’ve seen him play fullback he was hands on hips a fair bit, but being too slow wasn’t something that stood out about his performances there.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
fast enough between the ears to steal the intercept and smart enough to secure a try by passing to the support player 10m out, would have beat the defence if it wasn't pre-season and match fitness was good..
He's a clever player. No doubt.
I've never seen him as a speed demon. Big , Skillful player.
Yes it was only pre season. And I'm glad Dwz trained hard enough pre season to be able to finish the try.

Reactions: Worried2Death

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
The few times I’ve seen him play fullback he was hands on hips a fair bit, but being too slow wasn’t something that stood out about his performances there.
And I'm glad Dwz trained hard enough pre season to be able to finish the try.
When RTS made the positional switch to FB after Minichiello retired, Mini drilled RTS and the priority was running long distances to build the stamina required to play how Mini and Billy had molded the position. It's a far cry from a centre's needs but similar to a winger's..

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
How about the fact he read the play and got the intercept. He’s a centre not supposed to be the fastest. That’s what your have wingers for. Watch what he does in defence. The guy is a absolute weapon.
That's my point 😂 We need a point of difference somewhere in our backline.
We're talking about Joey as a FB replacement for RTS.
Big Ken , Fusitua , Hiku , Aitken, CHT aren't the faster blokes.
Where did I say he wasn't a clever player ? I'd have him over any of our current centers or wingers now.
Just not at fullback.
Be nice to have Dufty/Locke/Fisiahi type of speed chiming in from the back.

Also , Yes. Joey doesn't need to have speed that's why he has wingers outside him. Our wingers are no faster than him.
I'd love the bloke at our club.
If we can add speed to the spine and keep him at center then I'm all for it.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
That's my point 😂 We need a point of difference somewhere in our backline.
We're talking about Joey as a FB replacement for RTS.
Big Ken , Fusitua , Hiku , Aitken, CHT aren't the faster blokes.
Where did I say he wasn't a clever player ? I'd have him over any of our current centers or wingers now.
Just not at fullback.
Be nice to have Dufty/Locke/Fisiahi type of speed chiming in from the back.

Also , Yes. Joey doesn't need to have speed that's why he has wingers outside him. Our wingers are no faster than him.
I'd love the bloke at our club.
If we can add speed to the spine and keep him at center then I'm all for it.
If Joey wants to come here to play fullback, we take him every day of the week.

We’ll figure the rest out later. If we’re desperately lacking speed, we’ll replace other players in our backline.

Taking Dufty over Manu (even at fullback) would not be a good call.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
If Joey wants to come here to play fullback, we take him every day of the week.

We’ll figure the rest out later. If we’re desperately lacking speed, we’ll replace other players in our backline.

Taking Dufty over Manu (even at fullback) would not be a good call.
Not once did I say id take Dufty over Manu. Getting to sensitive lol.
I said I'd have Manu as a Center & someone with some toe at the back 🙄

Aren't we over the "Do this shit now. Worry about the other shit later " past warriors management bs?

Anyway, My original post was a tongue n cheek comment regarding our back speed & Pre season Manu's speed.

Nothing for anyone to get hurt over lol.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013

Aren't we over the "Do this shit now. Worry about the other shit later " past warriors management bs?

Anyway, My original post was a tongue n cheek comment regarding our back speed & Pre season Manu's speed.

Don't worry I am hearing you. Yes we need a couple of speedstars. Doesn't really matter what position. A quick half winger or fullback will be just as useful

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013

Lol don’t worry bro no ones getting hurt over it

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 1, 2015
If we didn't have O'sullivan I would have said Tyrone Roberts was worth a cheap contract. I think he is better than O'sullivan, can be a bit rocks and diamonds but can also be very deceptive and creative.

Ive always rated tyrone roberts. Hes very adventurous and always has a go. Rather that than halves that 2nd guess themselves and being hesitant with the ball.

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
I hope they don’t spend it all this season too soon there’s some cracking players coming off contract end of 2021..

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Story on one of those league sites about Adam Reynolds struggling to come to terms with the rabbits for a new deal. Sounds like he’s after a longer deal than they’re offering. Would he be worth a three year deal at 30?
Could be, look at Cam Smith, still the most wanted man in league at 50, doesn't look a day over it either.

Last edited:

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 1, 2015
Story on one of those league sites about Adam Reynolds struggling to come to terms with the rabbits for a new deal. Sounds like he’s after a longer deal than they’re offering. Would he be worth a three year deal at 30?
I wont mind at all if we signed him. Reynolds is a quality half with years of experience in big games (finals). Just gets injured alot though.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings