Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blain

Blain

Man people are super paranoid the Dolphins are basically going to be Warriors 2.0.. The Warriors will be the last club Bennett will target, in terms of senior squad members. As mentioned, probably Lodge, maybe a fringe guy or 2 (Murchie, hopefully Nikorima types). If some players sign for them for 2023, fine. Happens every year. We all have the same salary cap $$$. The only players who they can talk to (off contract end of 2022), who we might want to keep are Egan, and maybe Chanel Harris-Tavita, but wouldn't be the end of the world if they both left.

The Dolphins will be signing marque QLD players, and players who have good relationships with Bennett. This is the second Brissy team, they will make them a Brisbane/QLD team first to get a fan base/indentity going. The Broncos/Gold Coast will be the teams shitting themselves.. They are/will be locking up juniors ASAP.

In saying that, our juniors are potentially low hanging fruit that POS could/would target, but I'm pretty sure most our top juniors are locked in for a couple seasons and can't be touched. Also there are only 5(?) development contracts in each roster, I would expect most to be Brisbane locals.

Uster101

Man people are super paranoid the Dolphins are basically going to be Warriors 2.0.. The Warriors will be the last club Bennett will target, in terms of senior squad members. As mentioned, probably Lodge, maybe a fringe guy or 2 (Murchie, hopefully Nikorima types). If some players sign for them for 2023, fine. Happens every year. We all have the same salary cap $$$. The only players who they can talk to (off contract end of 2022), who we might want to keep are Egan, and maybe Chanel Harris-Tavita, but wouldn't be the end of the world if they both left.

The Dolphins will be signing marque QLD players, and players who have good relationships with Bennett. This is the second Brissy team, they will make them a Brisbane/QLD team first to get a fan base/indentity going. The Broncos/Gold Coast will be the teams shitting themselves.. They are/will be locking up juniors ASAP.

In saying that, our juniors are potentially low hanging fruit that POS could/would target, but I'm pretty sure most our top juniors are locked in for a couple seasons and can't be touched. Also there are only 5(?) development contracts in each roster, I would expect most to be Brisbane locals.
The only reason they would target Warriors players is to fill spots cheap. The Warriors do not have any Marque players apart from Addin Fonua-Blake. There are so many others players other clubs would look at from other clubs before they even scrape the bottom of the barrel with Warriors players

sballer7

sballer7

You seriously believe, given they now have our recruitment manager they wont be targeting the likes of Walsh for a return home. Sure hes contracted, but there is no such thing as cant be touched. And the Warriors have shown they are adverse to denying requests for release.

Five&Last

Five&Last

You seriously believe, given they now have our recruitment manager they wont be targeting the likes of Walsh for a return home. Sure hes contracted, but there is no such thing as cant be touched. And the Warriors have shown they are adverse to denying requests for release.
Seriously, people are naive to think Warriors won’t be targeted any more than other clubs.

Sure the Broncs will probably be raided the most, but given the relationships POS has developed here, we will be next in line. No doubt about that.

I’m sure this was probably a joke but I’ll leave this here:

CF82747B D171 413D 8B9F A7723D55EF87

Uster101

For the Warriors to entice top players to the club, they really need to start winning games. in the entire history of the Warriors we have very rarely had a side that can compete with the top sides. It really goes down to the attitude of the players. They have no desire to perform, and that is why the current mob we have will not be targeted by other clubs. I just don't think they have any interest in playing finals footy each year. Just means this lazy mob will have to play extra games if they make the finals. Not something they want to do as they don't get paid any more to play those extra games. Would you want to work more hours for no extra money?

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
The news that Isiah Papal’i has rejected the latest Parra offer is not good news for the Warriors hopes of signing Niukore.
If The Eels lose him they may go harder for Niukore?

Last edited:
Reactions: Toookey
Noitall

Noitall

Seriously, people are naive to think Warriors won’t be targeted any more than other clubs.

Sure the Broncs will probably be raided the most, but given the relationships POS has developed here, we will be next in line. No doubt about that.

View attachment 45657
Parramatta look to be the most in the firing line with the amount of players able to be approached after November 1. Getting nervous about the players we’re hoping to recruit though.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

View attachment 45657
Did POS just use the word toko…lol he really is the GOAT

Uster101

Parramatta look to be the most in the firing line with the amount of players able to be approached after November 1. Getting nervous about the players we’re hoping to recruit though.
I am worried for 2022 - Don't think we will sign anyone good for next season. Maybe 2023 we might get some decent players, but the next 5 years are looking like no Finals footy for the Warriors. The players just don't have competition within the squad to make players want to perform. They only lose their spot when they are injured or suspended, such as Chanel Harris-Tavita. Only way the players will put in an effort is if they think they will be dropped for performance, and not injury or suspension.

Diesel

Diesel

For the Warriors to entice top players to the club, they really need to start winning games. in the entire history of the Warriors we have very rarely had a side that can compete with the top sides. It really goes down to the attitude of the players. They have no desire to perform, and that is why the current mob we have will not be targeted by other clubs. I just don't think they have any interest in playing finals footy each year. Just means this lazy mob will have to play extra games if they make the finals. Not something they want to do as they don't get paid any more to play those extra games. Would you want to work more hours for no extra money?
100% winning games and a winning culture will get players here. Places with worse climate than Auckland have proved that, Melbourne, Canberra or Canterbury Crusaders etc

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

I am worried for 2022 - Don't think we will sign anyone good for next season. Maybe 2023 we might get some decent players, but the next 5 years are looking like no Finals footy for the Warriors. The players just don't have competition within the squad to make players want to perform. They only lose their spot when they are injured or suspended, such as Chanel Harris-Tavita. Only way the players will put in an effort is if they think they will be dropped for performance, and not injury or suspension.
Mate I don't think it's quite as dire as the picture you're painting, we were a couple of missed field goals from the 8 this year, we've got Johnson and $ for another marquee signing, if we get Manu we'll go next level. If not, yeah it's mediocre business as usual for the foreseeable.

Toookey

Toookey

Mate I don't think it's quite as dire as the picture you're painting, we were a couple of missed field goals from the 8 this year, we've got Johnson and $ for another marquee signing, if we get Manu we'll go next level. If not, yeah it's mediocre business as usual for the foreseeable.
I agree. We’ve largely got the squad we want for the next few years. We’ve got talented juniors coming through.
I don’t really worry too much for 2022 and 2023, but if we want to be set up moving forward the most important thing we do is win.

If we look good in 2022 and 2023, we keep rising stars like Walsh and will be able to attract the bigger fish when they see we’ve got the potential to go all the way.

Reactions: Worried2Death
ramps

ramps

Ben Murdoch-Masila ain’t even a loss, plays like shit and he’s off contract in 2024
Doesn't help the fact our coach isn't using him properly. Earlier in the season when he was utilized properly, we saw hints of what he is capable of... i still have hopes of him being an impact player off the bench.

This is only the first stint of a sly recruitment drive to poach our players. i expect more to come which is what im (and others) worried about.

Five&Last

Five&Last

He means Tonga
I doubt that very much haha

I wasn't saying Ben Murdoch-Masila would be a huge loss, I was more saying that POS is not gonna be afraid to approach these guys before they're "allowed" to be approached

POS does cross into the ethical grey area of contract dealings, its worked in our favour before with Addin Fonua-Blake etc. but we could find ourselves on the other side of that in the next year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.