Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five&Last

Five&Last

Yikes to panthers centre depth. Get on Izack Tago if you're on super coach. Just became their starting centre at 19 y/o.

Maybe we're driving Momo's price up on purpose so that Roosters less able to hold onto Manu.

Reactions: 4 users
Toookey

Toookey

Oh man this is like waiting to open your pressies on Xmas eve 🎅
What’s it gonna be?
A new Rolex? Or socks and jocks? :nailbiting:
Lol maaate I keep coming back here every 30 min expecting to see some big news.

I want that new Rolex (Manu, B Smith, Niukore, Metcalf) but am deffo worried about us getting the sock (Isaako) and jock (BJ Leilua) combo 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
NZWarriorsFaithful

NZWarriorsFaithful

Yikes to panthers centre depth. Get on Izack Tago if you're on super coach. Just became their starting centre at 19 y/o.

Maybe we're driving Momo's price up on purpose so that Roosters less able to hold onto Manu.
Only on 300k that’s what he’s going to get at roosters

Pricey

The Warriors previous recruitment would of offered Momo 500k a year on a five year deal with a po in their favour to come as a center then played him as a 14

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

Oh man this is like waiting to open your pressies on Xmas eve 🎅
What’s it gonna be?
A new Rolex? Or socks and jocks? :nailbiting:
The Manu watch is getting exciting. Surely though we don't need Metcalf if we get Manu?
I mean that would be unfair on Metcalf stuck behind Manu and Shaun Johnson even though he would be 15 games. I think Metcalf and his agent would want to be angling for a starting half position even if that is with a bottom tier team or up and coming team (like us).
I think Metcalf must be our contingency plan. Maybe we have many dishes being spun on many fingers.

Unless we only see Manu as a fullback? But then what about Reece.
All of this is too complex Haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Barty

Only on 300k that’s what he’s going to get at roosters
Also just extended and upgraded Angus Crichton which wouldnt have been cheap 🤫. Also Joey Manu hasnt been sown up by Roosters (1st November) - I would say we have a chance of getting him next year.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brownstone

The Manu watch is getting exciting. Surely though we don't need Metcalf if we get Manu?
I mean that would be unfair on Metcalf stuck behind Manu and Shaun Johnson even though he would be 15 games. I think Metcalf and his agent would want to be angling for a starting half position even if that is with a bottom tier team or up and coming team (like us).
I think Metcalf must be our contingency plan. Maybe we have many dishes being spun on many fingers.

Unless we only see Manu as a fullback? But then what about Reece.
All of this is too complex Haha
If the mail is to be believed then Metcalf is definitely coming to the Warriors. Hope it’s true.

Reactions: 5 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
I hope if we get Manu it is to play centre at the price of a good centre.

Reactions: 11 users
Swanley

Swanley

People need to cool their heels on Manu. I'd be surprised if he signed for us.

Glad Jamayne Tounua-Brown has been moved on, he had his moment in the sun but I think is not quite a regular first grader.

I still think we need a decent hooker. That's what I'm waiting for.

Reactions: 7 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

North Queensland cowboys have signed him on a two year deal
I was thinking about why
And can only conclude with an expansion team coming demand for players and locking them in has increased
Maybe there will be a taker for kodi after all

Reactions: 1 user
PullinTeeth

PullinTeeth

People need to cool their heels on Manu. I'd be surprised if he signed for us.

Glad Jamayne Tounua-Brown has been moved on, he had his moment in the sun but I think is not quite a regular first grader.

I still think we need a decent hooker. That's what I'm waiting for.
The problem is that's theres only 6 decent hookers going around ATM and the Storm and Raiders have got 4 of them., Manly got to the top 4 with hookers worse than ours.
No ones letting go of there hookers.
This is Egans year.

Reactions: 3 users
Fonzie

Fonzie

North Queensland cowboys have signed him on a two year deal
I was thinking about why
And can only conclude with an expansion team coming demand for players and locking them in has increased
Maybe there will be a taker for kodi after all
I think Kodi will end up at Redcliffe, Bennett rates him

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Blain

Blain

Well if it is cap related the article says " we couldn't offer him a deal past 2022" so that means there's some big money going to be tied up with an incoming player one thinks

Na I don't think so, he would be lucky to be on more than $250k - Not much money free'd up, even if it's a min wager. Probably just that fact he's out of favour, was lucky to get gametime last season. I'm thinking we'll be snagging a couple after Nov 1, and a promotion of a junior or 2, leaving a bunch of cash for 2023.

Reactions: 1 user
tajhay

tajhay

🏉

Bennett talks up a lot of his players he has built up a relationship with. Remember when he said he chose Milford over Hunt because he could build around Milford lol

Anyway he has stated that he wants Munster for Dolphins: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/afff584f0557593bfc628552a7bfbf17

Going to be a logjam of the 3 misfits Taylor, Nikorima and Milford all trying to go back and play under him again. Atleast 1 other will surely be there - all will be trying to undercut their rates to play for Wayne and be in Brisbane. All 3 of them want to be in Bris for family reasons.

Wrighty

Wrighty

Redcliffe in 2023 to play for the expansion team is a great fit for all concerned
He would play his best football in a no expectations environment
Unfortunately a key word in that sentence is 2023

Reactions: 1 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Let's get the Manu hype even higher

Check out these highlights

Some of those passes would be called forward at the Warriors. Anyway, for the range he wants that's a pretty average highlights video IMO. At close to a mill, you need to be a proven game breaker. It's a totally different story when you play for a different club to the Roosters, whose forwards dent the line to create space for their halves to create mismatches and gaps.

He is good. But he's not great. You don't pay close to a mill for something "good".

Anyway I trust POS and his salary cap management. He has saved us coin w a few astute cheap signings so might be worth a splash. I would rather B Smith and supposedly he's looking for less than what Manu is asking...

Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.