Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
It is interesting that despite his attacking stats and shortcomings in his game there doesn't seem to be anything but support from the Eels fanbase for Dylan Brown. He is a year younger than Chanel Harris-Tavita, which is crazy.

The Warriors had a choice between him and his good mate Paul Turner and chose Turner. Daniel Anderson scouted Brown in Auckland and invited him to the Eels.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brownstone

It is interesting that despite his attacking stats and shortcomings in his game there doesn't seem to be anything but support from the Eels fanbase for Dylan Brown. He is a year younger than Chanel Harris-Tavita, which is crazy.

The Warriors had a choice between him and his good mate Paul Turner and chose Turner. Daniel Anderson scouted Brown in Auckland and invited him to the Eels.
The difference for Dylan Brown is that he plays alongside a dominant half in Moses and also a fullback who has a great passing game. Contrast this with Chanel Harris-Tavita who had very few attacking stats despite no dominant half and either a rookie fullback (admittedly a very good one) or one (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) that had no passing game to speak of. I’m no big fan of Brown, thought he was really average in 2021 and hasn’t come close to proving he deserves big money contracts, however he at least had some excuses.

Reactions: 1 user
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Screen Shot 2021 10 19 at 114818 AM

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

I prefer when we are poaching other teams young talent not getting our own taken.

Brown seems a bit more willing to give youngsters a go compared to Kearney so hopefully we see it a bit less often. Only so many slots available though so if you are going to keep people on a lower contracts they need to faith in where the club is going and the plans laid out for them.

Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

Why? We’re now talking about POS hand picked juniors, not the usual Dean Bell duds
I think you misread what I said or I didn't state my point too well.

I don't like seeing our guys getting poached. I'd still rather we take other sides best if we can, Walsh being a prime example.

There will be cases where we don't have someone as good in our system or a particular position is not covered.

Reactions: 1 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
The difference for Dylan Brown is that he plays alongside a dominant half in Moses and also a fullback who has a great passing game. Contrast this with Chanel Harris-Tavita who had very few attacking stats despite no dominant half and either a rookie fullback (admittedly a very good one) or one (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) that had no passing game to speak of. I’m no big fan of Brown, thought he was really average in 2021 and hasn’t come close to proving he deserves big money contracts, however he at least had some excuses.

I don't really disagree with any of that other than to say that it seemed to be a game plan to send the ball away from Chanel Harris-Tavita this year. When you look at 2019 vs 2021 Chanel Harris-Tavita's confidence seems shot. He does have things that for whatever reason he did not show this year. Unfortunately a lack of a long kicking game puts a very limited ceiling on Chanel Harris-Tavita.

I'm not convinced that either Brown or Chanel Harris-Tavita are better than each other.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brownstone

I don't really disagree with any of that other than to say that it seemed to be a game plan to send the ball away from Chanel Harris-Tavita this year. When you look at 2019 vs 2021 Chanel Harris-Tavita's confidence seems shot. He does have things that for whatever reason he did not show this year. Unfortunately a lack of a long kicking game puts a very limited ceiling on Chanel Harris-Tavita.

I'm not convinced that either Brown or Chanel Harris-Tavita are better than each other.
I said before this season commenced that Chanel Harris-Tavita needed to take the form he showed at the backend of 2020 and go to a new level - unfortunately he went the wrong way. I’ve said it before, however this whole wanting to play like Cooper Cronk doesn’t seem to be working for him.

Reactions: 3 users

Wheels

I said before this season commenced that Chanel Harris-Tavita needed to take the form he showed at the backend of 2020 and go to a new level - unfortunately he went the wrong way. I’ve said it before, however this whole wanting to play like Cooper Cronk doesn’t seem to be working for him.
doesn't make sense to pick a player to emulate that has a completely different game than yourself. Cronk was meticulous in everything from shouting instructions at his players, organising his team around the paddock and kicking for position. He was second to none in these areas and could articulate a game plan better than anyone. Chanel's strength is not his kicking game or organising or instructions to others. Chanel's strengths are aligned with his physical presence at running holes, making big tackles and also his attitude. I think his passing and putting players in gaps will improve hopefully next year before it is too late. Maybe he is more in the mould of a Keiran Foran.

Toookey

Toookey

Reports saying we’ve signed Niukore for 2023 and will be announced shortly after November 1, with us trying to get him over the line for 2022 asap.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Mr Brownstone

doesn't make sense to pick a player to emulate that has a completely different game than yourself. Cronk was meticulous in everything from shouting instructions at his players, organising his team around the paddock and kicking for position. He was second to none in these areas and could articulate a game plan better than anyone. Chanel's strength is not his kicking game or organising or instructions to others. Chanel's strengths are aligned with his physical presence at running holes, making big tackles and also his attitude. I think his passing and putting players in gaps will improve hopefully next year before it is too late. Maybe he is more in the mould of a Keiran Foran.
I’d love to see that from him however I don’t think he’s got the explosive pace for any decent running game at NRL level. Only 8 line breaks across his career to date and 5 of them were in his rookie season.

Toookey

Toookey

Sorry guys, ‘reported’ might be a strong word, just on one of the other forums I go on.

It sounds like they’re pretty confident of it, we’ll see what the noise comes through in the next few days

• Haha
NZWarriorsFaithful

NZWarriorsFaithful

Sorry guys, ‘reported’ might be a strong word, just on one of the other forums I go on.

It sounds like they’re pretty confident of it, we’ll see what the noise comes through in the next few days
Oh lol hopefully it’s true

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Might as well stick my 2 cents worth in about Chanel Harris-Tavita. He seemed to me to either playing through injury, or recovering from injury constantly, which explains his drop off from 2020. He is developing slower than any of us would have wanted, however, I think that will improve being around Shaun Johnson and Taylor.

Reactions: 5 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

Yeah I don’t get this. Perfect modern day prop. Fast, big motor and passing game.

We don’t have anyone like him as a middle player with his ability to link with the outside, apart from maybe Tohu Harris.
If the kepu twins with the Laban and zion are what they think they are then losing glamuzina won't mean much?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.