Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Brownstone

doesn't make sense to pick a player to emulate that has a completely different game than yourself. Cronk was meticulous in everything from shouting instructions at his players, organising his team around the paddock and kicking for position. He was second to none in these areas and could articulate a game plan better than anyone. Chanel's strength is not his kicking game or organising or instructions to others. Chanel's strengths are aligned with his physical presence at running holes, making big tackles and also his attitude. I think his passing and putting players in gaps will improve hopefully next year before it is too late. Maybe he is more in the mould of a Keiran Foran.
I’d love to see that from him however I don’t think he’s got the explosive pace for any decent running game at NRL level. Only 8 line breaks across his career to date and 5 of them were in his rookie season.

Toookey

Toookey

Sorry guys, ‘reported’ might be a strong word, just on one of the other forums I go on.

It sounds like they’re pretty confident of it, we’ll see what the noise comes through in the next few days

NZWarriorsFaithful

NZWarriorsFaithful

Sorry guys, ‘reported’ might be a strong word, just on one of the other forums I go on.

It sounds like they’re pretty confident of it, we’ll see what the noise comes through in the next few days
Oh lol hopefully it’s true

Five&Last

Five&Last

If the kepu twins with the Laban and zion are what they think they are then losing glamuzina won't mean much?
Laban is a long way away, hasn’t even turned 18. Zyon looks the goods but is a different position. And yes I’d obviously choose both Kepu’s over Jyris. I think it’s just being stuck in a bubble away from NZ means only being able to keep a select number of guys due to the cost of it.

I know they wanted to keep Josiah Karapani last year who’s now on a development contract with South’s. We probably would’ve kept him if we were still based in NZ.

uncmase

uncmase

Which Fusitua you talking about?

Not many better than 2018 Fusitua.
Not many worst than 2020 and 2021 Fusitua.

Those 3 you mentioned are miles better than current “I’m home sick but please let me sign a contract in Super League” Fusitua.
Get out of your feelings re - Fusitua.
He's gone now, Old news.
The 3 you mentioned are shit.
Isaako has 1 good game then 5 shit house performances. Defensively weak. And terrible under the high ball.
Fergo is way passed it, And going to ruggers anyway 🙄 Cotric overrated as fuck.
If you've got a wish list of wingers its a pretty shit one of you've targeted these players 🤣

Wrighty

Wrighty

He's gone now, Old news.
Isaako has 1 good game then 5 shit house performances. Defensively weak. And terrible under the high ball.
If you've got a wish list of wingers its a pretty shit one of you've targeted these players 🤣
I agree with this assessment of those wingers. Isaako in particular is in the bottom 5 players in the NRL in my view. I would rate Kosi over Isaako easily and I am not big on Kosi.

Reactions: uncmase

Wheels

He's gone now, Old news.
Montoya & Dallin are solid enough in my opinion with Vailea, Ratuva supporting. I think a pre season under their belts Montoya & Dallin can nail down the wing spots. Skeptical of Montoya earlier he has been impressive in terms of commitment and skill. they both have a good work ethic with the young guns lurking if injury happens. Berry is another good option on the wing in my opinion. I think he could be impressive as an outside back as a centre or wing. Clearly someone like Manu would be preferred but probably unlikely.

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor

“other forums”

you mean one of the other threads don’t you 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Toookey and uncmase
uncmase

uncmase

I agree with this assessment of those wingers. Isaako in particular is in the bottom 5 players in the NRL in my view. I would rate Kosi over Isaako easily and I am not big on Kosi.
I hold hope for Kosi showing us what he's really made of this year. If he gets the chance.
Vs Bulldogs this year he was impressive.
A fit, Injury free Ratuva would be a bonus. Aitken, Berry , Vailea , Dallin Watene-Zelezniak , Montoya & Pompey. Plus Walsh would do a good job without going after players i don't think would do any better than what we already have.
Unless it's a Joey Manu ,Then fuck yeah lol...Or a Reiko Ioane , Caleb Clarke 👀🤣

Reactions: Tragic
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Warriors looking at Paul Momirovski.

Momirovski on the verge of leaving Panthers to potentially join fifth club in five years​

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

October 19, 2021

Panthers centre Paul Momirovski is on the verge of signing with his fifth club in as many seasons after he was granted permission by the club to find a new home in 2022.

The Sydney Roosters have expressed interest in luring him back to the club where he made his NRL debut in 2018, while the Sea Eagles and Warriors are also interested

Status
Not open for further replies.