Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Yea I initially misread it as a 1+1 deal, maybe due to the wording.

It says "Experienced Gold Coast playmaker Ash Taylor has been handed the chance of a one-year contract with the Vodafone Warriors after signing a train and trial deal with a club top 30 option for 2022"
Haha yeah that’s what I did too, my bad!

Reactions: Billyspleen75

Wheels

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 30, 2021

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I think if we get Metcalf, you give him first crack at half, with Taylor waiting in the wings. I’d go:
1. Berry
2. Ratuva
3. Aitken
4. Montoya
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Metcalf
7. Shaun Johnson

Lots of green in there. I’d then pick either Ratuva or Montoya to make way for Berry once Walsh returns. It sucks because I like Montoya, but there’s so much potential for the rest of those players that he has to make way. It’s a long season tho, he’ll get his opportunities

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Reckon Taylor's goals are just to play 3 good games in a row, just do enough to get signed by Brisbane or Redcliffe, secure another undeserved contract and go back to bludging again. All without having to move house. Sort of a cut price version of the Keiran Foran signing for us, injury, 2 good games, injury, absurd bulldogs contracts, calls it a day.

3 good games isn't the worst for a minimum wage half though

Last edited:

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
I see the sharks have signed an Aussie 7s player. I’d never heard of him but the article says he has a league background and is seen as being able to cover multiple positions in the back line… could be a possible metcalf replacement…. They already have moylan and Tracey- how many utility backs do u need?

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Wonder how many or who we will lose to the dolphins. Guarantee there’ll be some.
I wouldn’t think we are at any greater risk than any other club. When you have Wayne Bennett heading up the club you will tend to get talented juniors gravitating there, especially with the Queensland junior nursery available to you. I would think the greatest impact will be on the Broncos junior base

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Possibilities off the top of a confused head:
Metcalf is a good FB as well, could open up Walsh for the Halves
Too many are discounting Chanel Harris-Tavita, he could be a good partner for Shaun Johnson or AT
Shaun Johnson and Kodi have priors as a successful combo at international level
Could Shaun Johnson and AT form an effective combination.
how would Chanel Harris-Tavita go in the hooker role, i know hes not the quickest, but hes strong, can pass kick short range etc

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Listening to POS just now, his lad is still with us with no contract, if they offer him anything it is entirely up to CG and Brownie.

We have money for one more player the way POS worded it, and they are going to sit on it in case someone good comes along, he gave the Addin Fonua-Blake signing as an example.

So It does not sound like we are in the market for any up and comers. Only one guy, a decent NRL player....and if no one comes along, they will hold the spot....that was the tone of his korero...not in any rush.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I think if we get Metcalf, you give him first crack at half, with Taylor waiting in the wings. I’d go:
1. Berry
2. Ratuva
3. Aitken
4. Montoya
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Metcalf
7. Shaun Johnson

Lots of green in there. I’d then pick either Ratuva or Montoya to make way for Berry once Walsh returns. It sucks because I like Montoya, but there’s so much potential for the rest of those players that he has to make way. It’s a long season tho, he’ll get his opportunities
Vailea instead of Ratuva

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2016
Cheers mate for posting that, real good insights there.
News coming our about Fusitua soon, could be interesting? Like Peter said would love to see him back at his best too, however if he moves to superleague would free up some serious coin.

Giberachi

U20's Player
Oct 28, 2020
Cheers mate for posting that, real good insights there.
News coming our about Fusitua soon, could be interesting? Like Peter said would love to see him back at his best too, however if he moves to superleague would free up some serious coin.
Also takes the spots available from a couple to maybe three. There is certainly more talent to hopefully come.

His tranpearancy on Sean O'Sullivan was nice too.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings