Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Geoff Public

Top 8, here we come
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
[QUOTE="Geoff Public, post: 950630, member: 6293
Not bagging Otukolo, he needs time to develop.
Does he or is he a natural who may just be NRL ready at the start of 2022.
[/QUOTE]
If Egan goes down preseason he won't be 20 at seasons start and covid interrupted development. He has 125 mins 1st grade experience. So , no, I don't think he's ready to play big minutes as a starting hooker.
Do you?

Reactions: Worried2Death

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
This could come back to haunt me but I think that Ash Taylor could be one of POS' better signings, on par with Addin Fonua-Blake, & Curran
I was thinking, when was the last time an unknown or someone with potential came to the Warriors and turned their fortunes around.

Not many if any - Maloney, Luck, PJ Marsh?

We’re due to get someone and improve them, let’s see!

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Article i just read said that Ash is only signing as the warriors are based in South east QLD, and not going to be there in the following year. Also that Chanel Harris-Tavita will not be released early and made to play out 2022 at the warriors.

written by David Long

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Article i just read said that Ash is only signing as the warriors are based in South east QLD, and not going to be there in the following year. Also that Chanel Harris-Tavita will not be released early and made to play out 2022 at the warriors.

written by David Long

Strange tho - why would he agree to a 2023 in our favour if he had no plans to do that?

So, if he comes out guns a blazing in 2022 and after 10 games we say “yep, he looks good we’ll have him for 2023”, Ash has signed a contract saying he’ll honour that aye?

So, tough titties, looks like we got our man

Reactions: Billyspleen75

Greenlite

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 11, 2021
Strange tho - why would he agree to a 2023 in our favour if he had no plans to do that?

So, if he comes out guns a blazing in 2022 and after 10 games we say “yep, he looks good we’ll have him for 2023”, Ash has signed a contract saying he’ll honour that aye?

I think it says 2022 option in club’s favor, nothing for 2023 at this stage

Wheels

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 30, 2021
Possibilities off the top of a confused head:
Metcalf is a good FB as well, could open up Walsh for the Halves
Too many are discounting Chanel Harris-Tavita, he could be a good partner for Shaun Johnson or AT
Shaun Johnson and Kodi have priors as a successful combo at international level
Could Shaun Johnson and AT form an effective combination.
Yep we have alot of possibilities especially if we get Metcalf he can play 1 for the first 4 games. Although I have been very dismissive of Kodi because of his poor defense in the latter half of this season in the early part he was our most attacking player...However, although he has combined well with Johnson in the past he is best used to compliment Egan in my opinion.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
Yes 2021 was a very disappointing season for Kodi. Probably not in a caring mood because he had the option available to him at the Warriors for 2022. I am picking if he wants to get a contract for 2023 at an NRL club he will have to have a big 2022. I am expecting an improvement in his attitude and performances otherwise he will be without a contract anywhere in the NRL for 2023 and beyond., Metcalf and Ash Taylor are interesting, With Shaun Johnson he may not last the full season so the Warriors will have Ash incase of an Injury to Shaun Johnson or even Chanel Harris-Tavita. With Ash we now have more depth, and if we do get Metcalf we will have an option for Reece Walsh in a halves too as Metcalf is a decent fullback. Reece Walsh yes has speed, but it seems to be short term. in the video clip before the Warriors signed him he looked taller and quicker, But Metcalf seems to have that all out speed. Interesting few years coming up. I am not thinking Manu is going to come for 2023 now if they are getting Metcalf for 2023 or even 2022. Where would you play Manu. Fullback is sorted and so are the halves. Only possible place would be back in the centres. I would take him as a centre but not for a million a year!

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012

Don't think his deal has a 2023 option in our favor. does it? I think everyone knows that this a 1 year gig.

Interesting that it has been confirmed on the same day that the new team for 2023 has been confirmed for Brisbane. I suspect he has had prelim talks with them and if he shows form for the Warriors they will extend an offer.

While it is only a 1 year deal he will be motived to look good for a final big contract somewhere else. That is a pretty good scenario for us

Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale
Don't think his deal has a 2023 option in our favor. does it? I think everyone knows that this a 1 year gig.

Interesting that it has been confirmed on the same day that the new team for 2023 has been confirmed for Brisbane. I suspect he has had prelim talks with them and if he shows form for the Warriors they will extend an offer.

While it is only a 1 year deal he will be motived to look good for a final big contract somewhere else. That is a pretty good scenario for us
Yea I initially misread it as a 1+1 deal, maybe due to the wording.

It says "Experienced Gold Coast playmaker Ash Taylor has been handed the chance of a one-year contract with the Vodafone Warriors after signing a train and trial deal with a club top 30 option for 2022"

Rking

Big mistake signing Ash, real disappointing to see that announcement

Good if it's one year, he is not a NRL tier player, his fitness and defense show tardiness

Will just have to ride it out with him now

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings