Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Couple of comments on unrelated matters

1) I am a Kane Evans fan and I won't abandon my guy like Peter did to Jesus thrice before the cock crowed. I hope no one takes him and we keep him for depth next year. Injury depth is key to success in the NRL. I also think, having read other peoples good posts and been influenced by them, sure no other NRL team will take him at this juncture, however he would be a great get for the expansion franchise as Kane would want to redeem himself and having seen NHL expansion franchises, Kane Evans fits the mould of the guy who would go well for a start up team from scratch.
2) Having had a stew on it, we aren't getting Luke Metcalf in 2022 even over the dead body of the Sharks GM, even if we sign him for 2023. They won't give us an early release no matter what. Reason is, based on some observsations of that team and how they have interacted with us recently, eg the pre planned before the game started take out of Chad Townsend, the Sharks see us as a potential future power house that they want to nip in the bud. They see us as real competition for a top 8 spot next year. They will do helpful deals with other teams but probably not us or Titans in particular. No proof for this theory. Just a hunch.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Couple of comments on unrelated matters

1) I am a Kane Evans fan and I won't abandon my guy like Peter did to Jesus thrice before the cock crowed. I hope no one takes him and we keep him for depth next year. Injury depth is key to success in the NRL. I also think, having read other peoples good posts and been influenced by them, sure no other NRL team will take him at this juncture, however he would be a great get for the expansion franchise as Kane would want to redeem himself and having seen NHL expansion franchises, Kane Evans fits the mould of the guy who would go well for a start up team from scratch.
2) Having had a stew on it, we aren't getting Luke Metcalf in 2022 even over the dead body of the Sharks GM, even if we sign him for 2023. They won't give us an early release no matter what. Reason is, based on some observsations of that team and how they have interacted with us recently, eg the pre planned before the game started take out of Chad Townsend, the Sharks see us as a potential future power house that they want to nip in the bud. They see us as real competition for a top 8 spot next year. They will do helpful deals with other teams but probably not us or Titans in particular. No proof for this theory. Just a hunch.
Whether I agree or not, I respect the devotion. Could be right on the sharks.

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 3, 2014
No idea why he wasn't sacked after the wrist tape drama but hopefully we've forced his hand by saying we're not offering you anything for 2023 and we are not going to play you a single game in 2022 (we will literally play the Kepu twins ahead of you). Then he's forced to take whatever money is on offer in England rather than rot his value away in reserve grade and then get even less money in England for 2023.
Really, fire him for writing a swear word on his wrist? Should we fire people for saying swear words too?

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Do you know Adam Elliots rap sheet? Much less? Cmon mate.
That’s irrelevant? They re-signed him after all of that. He got sacked for the bathroom situation by itself, which imo isn’t any worse than Evans’ antics with the wrist tape.

To make it clear, I don’t really give a fuck about the wrist tape. But if the standard for sacking players this season is anything to go off, it was an opportunity to get rid of this useless fuck without it denting our cap.

Reactions: dean

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
That’s irrelevant? They re-signed him after all of that. He got sacked for the bathroom situation by itself, which imo isn’t any worse than Evans’ antics with the wrist tape.

To make it clear, I don’t really give a fuck about the wrist tape. But if the standard for sacking players this season is anything to go off, it was an opportunity to get rid of this useless fuck without it denting our cap.
Getting arrested with possession of cocain is so much worse then let's Fold some cu**s? Walsh won't be shown the door that's for sure. They definitely are looking to make room in the squad.

Reactions: Worried2Death

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Really, fire him for writing a swear word on his wrist? Should we fire people for saying swear words too?
I think the justification for firing Evans would be less the swear word in itself and more the fact that he's unavailable for the first five games, which is certainly long enough for his replacement (who possibly takes up less of the salary cap) to take his position from him on a longer term basis. And maybe there's off-field issues us no-nuffink fans no nuffink about...

And any savings from getting rid of Evans mean more money to offer a player who we really need/want.... Cheese, anyone?

Reactions: Paulo24

Wheels

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 30, 2021
Getting arrested with possession of cocain is so much worse then let's Fold some cu**s? Walsh won't be shown the door that's for sure. They definitely are looking to make room in the squad.
Walsh has definitely transgressed but it could be a good thing for the long term of him as a player & person. He will possibly be more likely to discontinue with recreational drugs than continue and because he has been put into the spotlight for the wrong reasons he might become more determined to have success on the field. Owning his mistake which he appears to be doing might enhance his confidence as a person.... Remember, he is only 19 years old and this is his first misdemeanor so not a biggie for me! Whereas Evans writing that shit on his wrist is just plain stupid and not someone that thinks clearly. I feel that he has had too many transgressions and is a lot older than Walsh and won't see much game time next year if he sticks with the Warriors anyway. I am just waiting for some news about any potential signings or some actual concrete news about signings!!! Hopefully, we will hear some good news soon about some positive additions!

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Walsh has definitely transgressed but it could be a good thing for the long term of him as a player & person. He will possibly be more likely to discontinue with recreational drugs than continue and because he has been put into the spotlight for the wrong reasons he might become more determined to have success on the field. Owning his mistake which he appears to be doing might enhance his confidence as a person.... Remember, he is only 19 years old and this is his first misdemeanor so not a biggie for me! Whereas Evans writing that shit on his wrist is just plain stupid and not someone that thinks clearly. I feel that he has had too many transgressions and is a lot older than Walsh and won't see much game time next year if he sticks with the Warriors anyway. I am just waiting for some news about any potential signings or some actual concrete news about signings!!! Hopefully, we will hear some good news soon about some positive additions!

first time getting caught, you don’t just carry around a bag of coke if it’s your first time using it.

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 3, 2014
I think the justification for firing Evans would be less the swear word in itself and more the fact that he's unavailable for the first five games, which is certainly long enough for his replacement (who possibly takes up less of the salary cap) to take his position from him on a longer term basis. And maybe there's off-field issues us no-nuffink fans no nuffink about...

And any savings from getting rid of Evans mean more money to offer a player who we really need/want.... Cheese, anyone?
I’m happy to get rid of Evan’s, no problems. I don’t think he adds enough and am guessing the money could be spent better. Let’s get rid of him because of that reason and not because he swore.

• Haha
Reactions: Defence

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Should keep Chanel Harris-Tavita, not his fault he only had Blake Green to learn from, can see it in his game. Shaun Johnson would be more suited to his game style and should see him improve alot. As for Evans gives away too many 6 restarts, too many brainsnaps and spends more time in the bin than on the field. Say no more..
Aitken needs to return to the centres, he was only a band aid while half the forwards were injured or suspended. Ben Murdoch-Masila off the bench as edge forward like the start of the year.

Recruit another half for cover (Taylor maybe)
Fusitua is only saved by his lengthy contract else like Ken he would be gonsky. Thing is, what to do with him.. maybe cover for injured forwards.
Would prefer another NRL experienced centre.
Jury's out about another hooker.
But those 3 positions need a look at IMO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings