Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
If we are shopping him around the only thing I can see stopping him being absolutely snapped up immediately is that he is suspenddd the first 5 games of next year. 5 games is 20 percent of the season
Nrl Clubs wont want a bar of him following his sin bins in the last few rpunds. No self control as they weren't situations when you needed to punch. Not an enforcer as can't connect. Looks like him and Price would be a goid boxing match

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Last time did the numbers which was around round 18ish Evans had 9.2 metres per carry
That makes him an nrl standard prop
Addin Fonua-Blake is around 9.8 and those numbers are elite
Bunts was 8.6 which is not nrl standard
And Jamayne Tounua-Brown was appalling at 7.6 so there are no surprises he wasn’t picked towards that end of the season ( he was picked but only by necessity you get my point I hope )
If Kane can sort his discipline out he is a great 4th or 5th string prop
If we are shopping him around the only thing I can see stopping him being absolutely snapped up immediately is that he is suspenddd the first 5 games of next year. 5 games is 20 percent of the season
Props should be able to get 8 odd metres per carry just from running to the point of contact. No discipline and an absolute plodder on defence. Eye test showed he was average last year for the Eels and he showed that again this except becoming even more of a liability. Yeah agree he'll be a great 4th or 5th string prop.. in the super league.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Sounds like the eels are looking at Cotric from the bulldogs to free up some cap space. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them target Chanel Harris-Tavita to partner Burton. Hopefully the eels lack of cap space means they’re using money from us for Niukore.

Reactions: Greenlite

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
He finished at just a tick under 8.7m per run. That had him 4th best amongst our Props behind Addin Fonua-Blake (9.8), Ben Murdoch-Masila (9.2) & Bunty (8.7)
I think the better Stat to look at is average hit ups taken. The elite props in the game are averaging well over 10 hit ups a game. Bunty and Evans are 6 hit ups while Lodge and Blake are 12+, tells you a lot more about work rate.

D Klemmer 15.3
D Saifiti 14
M Taupau 13.3
J W Hargreaves 13
J F Harris 12.8
R C Gillard 12.8
J Aloiai 11.6
J Paulo 11.5
M Nicholls 10.8
N A Solomona 10.7

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I think the better Stat to look at is average hit ups taken. The elite props in the game are averaging well over 10 hit ups a game. Bunty and Evans are 6 hit ups while Lodge and Blake are 12+, tells you a lot more about work rate.

D Klemmer 15.3
D Saifiti 14
M Taupau 13.3
J W Hargreaves 13
J F Harris 12.8
R C Gillard 12.8
J Aloiai 11.6
J Paulo 11.5
M Nicholls 10.8
N A Solomona 10.7

To be fair it also is affected by interchange and minutes played. A more accurate measure would be hit ups per minutes played. It just shows how stats can be skewed.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Nrl Clubs wont want a bar of him following his sin bins in the last few rpunds. No self control as they weren't situations when you needed to punch. Not an enforcer as can't connect. Looks like him and Price would be a goid boxing match
It’s gonna be a tough sell but this is where brown’s support after the titans game and comments about his leadership off the field can help.
George’s dribble not so much.

Reactions: Noitall

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013

D Klemmer 15.3
D Saifiti 14
M Taupau 13.3
J W Hargreaves 13
J F Harris 12.8
R C Gillard 12.8
J Aloiai 11.6
J Paulo 11.5
M Nicholls 10.8
N A Solomona 10.7
No it doesn't, it tells your more about their minutes if anything

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
It’s gonna be a tough sell but this is where brown’s support after the titans game and comments about his leadership off the field can help.
George’s dribble not so much.
Think he still has value in super league and his ban to start the season wouldn’t have implications there. Just need one of the teams to buy him out of his contract.

Reactions: Defence
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings