1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Reactions: Murraytd

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Pretty sure last year POS or someone from the club said Staggs had no interest in moving to New Zealand, which makes you think the club had already made inquiries to his management.

messaged POS on insta and he said he would only chase hughes if kodi was to decline his player option, He also said that kotoni staggs doesn't want to come to NZ so stop dreaming about him coming

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
in all honnest we dont have anything near the price stags is on or wants
I know he had a good season and all last year, but he’s recovering from a pretty serious injury (ruptured ACL I believe?)

i don’t think he’s worth the asking price as it’s based on one outstanding season for a team that finished with the spoon.

I’d rather back our young guns and save $700k

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
I know he had a good season and all last year, but he’s recovering from a pretty serious injury (ruptured ACL I believe?)

i don’t think he’s worth the asking price as it’s based on one outstanding season for a team that finished with the spoon.

His attack is worth $400k and his defence is worth $50k

just extend Peta Hiku on $250k

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020

Agree and a shortened season at that.

The dollar value attached to young players by managers these days is spinning out of control. Good luck to V’landys trying to pull these agents into line.

Asking 700k under a newly reduced salary cap is about 200k over for a young Center learning the ropes that managed to hit a small patch of form.

Seems like every young kid these days is the next superstar.

Reactions: Defence

Panther

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
His d was horrible last year but a few attacking plays have over shadowed it.
Him and David Fafita were the worst 2nd row centre d combo in the comp last year.
Blueys dream combo though.
In the draw with Brisbane in 2019, Staggs spent all night standing back, retreating in defence and letting Nikorima, CHT and Blair run at him. It helped over shadow alot of their flaws!

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020
Anyone think that the Warriors will get Hughes? On a live stream cheese was doing he said he would ruin his career going to the warriors 😂

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 1, 2015
Anyone think that the Warriors will get Hughes? On a live stream cheese was doing he said he would ruin his career going to the warriors 😂
Id rather see first how KN and CHT will go this season. Im hearing alot about cheese talking shit about the warriors on his livestream. Saying "F@ck the warriors" and "Hughes will ruin his career there". Cheese can you plz ask RTS (2018 DALLY M) and tohu harris (2020 2nd ROWER OF THE YEAR) how their careers are going?

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Id rather see first how KN and CHT will go this season. Im hearing alot about cheese talking shit about the warriors on his livestream. Saying "F@ck the warriors" and "Hughes will ruin his career there". Cheese can you plz ask RTS (2018 DALLY M) and tohu harris (2020 2nd ROWER OF THE YEAR) how their careers are going?
Wonder if he thought hitting the market, the Warriors would come chasing? Sounds like he’s buying into the hype around him a bit much. Hope to see him go to a team and play at hooker at least, better for the Kiwis team.

Reactions: francis

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Wonder if he thought hitting the market, the Warriors would come chasing? Sounds like he’s buying into the hype around him a bit much. Hope to see him go to a team and play at hooker at least, better for the Kiwis team.
He was on 9 news last night a bit pissy about Cam Smith not letting them know what’s going on, mentioned he and Harry Grant were happy to share the role but if Smith stated he would have to put on more muscle and play lock which wasn’t ideal for him as it was hampering his chances to play hooker “for another club and his country”. 9 also mentioned other ‘young stars’ were likely to leave if Smith stayed

Reactions: Noitall

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Will Cheese's career end up being ruined because of a cranial-anal inversion? He comes across as the kind of player not good for a team's culture. He might be worth signing as a player, but you wouldn't want him near a Leader's Group and would absolutely not consider him as Vice-Captain or Captain.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings