Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
WTF? He is one of the best forwards, week in week out. They must have somebody really good lined up to replace him.
I agree with the sentiment that he is not suited to the current game. He has been solid but has not been able to generate play the ball speed and is not suited to taking the hit up after a quick play the ball. He is a brilliant front on defender but the pace of the game is now catching him out of position. You could argue that Lodge has taken his spot. Pene has also been recruited, and Harris has stated that he prefers playing in the middle so they have a good blend through there.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
has not been able to generate play the ball speed
Heyzeuss spare me...get some stats to back that up...and to save you time there aren't any. There is nothing wrong with his PTB speed.

The only possible I can see wrong with Leeson Ah-Mau is they paid overs to get him from the Dragons, and see him as being expensive for what he now offers.

That I could understand.

POS has a waste not want not attitude to spending.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Heyzeuss spare me...get some stats to back that up...and to save you time there aren't any. There is nothing wrong with his PTB speed.

The only possible I can see wrong with Leeson Ah-Mau is they paid overs to get him from the Dragons, and see him as being expensive for what he now offers.

That I could understand.

POS has a waste not want not attitude to spending.
My take is he’s a defensive rock but offers little in attack. Even in defence he’s efficient but not dominant. Several times this season when our starting props go off we have really struggled…

He has 98% tackle efficiency this year; 95% last year. This is a very high standard. But Evans is 96%; Bunty is 98%; Addin Fonua-Blake is 96%, etc so he actually offers little more in defence without the attacking threat. We are a team of statistically good middles because our tactics is to compress the middle which opens us up out wide.

Nothing wrong with a defensive workhorse but if you have a choice, someone more dynamic in attack is preferable. Given he’s probably on twice the money of the likes of Bunty you can see why the decision was made.

This season I have actually noticed Leeson Ah-Mau trying to use his feet and put on a bit of a step at the line.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings