Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Just a thought, a l9tnof arguing about the halves but I think we can all agree that neither Kodi or Chanel can shine without a top tier half next to them. We need Widdop and then let the battle commence
Agree with the first part, not so sure I’d call widdop a top tier half though.

Reactions: Swanley

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Interesting interview with POS on news talk ZB. Talked about the fact that they are leaving a few spots open to see what comes up in the market and stated that they have done most of their retention work (probably not a good sign for Ah Mau).
On the Pene signing he said that he is far from the finished product defensively due to only having one full preseason with the Storm due to a knee injury. Likes his leg speed and stated that he is the hardest man to tackle in Q Cup.
Afoa was resigned due to his leg speed. They have slimmed him down to 114kg this year and stated that we are not seeing what he is capable of on the field. Said that there are several other elements to his game that they expect to see fully develop over the next couple of years. POS spoke about how a front rower now needs several elements to their game and a pass is important. Also said that with the rule changes a player of previously high importance in the squad could find their value diminished straight away
Who am I to mock the man that delivered Reece Walsh but didn't he also say Jamayne Tounua-Brown was the best attacking prop in Q Cup about this time last year?

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Huh? Maybe he was at the time... Don't see how one statement invalidates the other.
Because ask anyone who watches Q Cup consistently and they will tell you Jamayne Tounua-Brown was far from the best attacking prop in the comp in 2019.
Doesn't mean I'm against either being at the club far from it but I'm just saying from my memory I didn't see Pene as being the hardest to tackle in the comp that year either. POS is afar better judge than I obviously but these guys don't always tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth when selling their new signings that was my point.
I actually think Pene could work out very well here

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
See Setu Tu playing for Redcliffe.
Is he still contracted to the Warriors.
Always rated him when I watched him play for the vulcans etc.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
See Setu Tu playing for Redcliffe.
Is he still contracted to the Warriors.
Always rated him when I watched him play for the vulcans etc.
No not contracted. Surely he has to be better than Kosi.

• Haha
Reactions: shuffle

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I am hoping keep focusing on buying solutions for the backline and a hooking partner for Egan.

Widdop if his legs still work would be the best option, he can organise our team and that will be that, everyone else can just play off him.

If we do get Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Dufty our backline suddenly looks very experienced with a couple of tomorrows stars in Walsh and Berry.

At least they will know how to run a set play and how to communicate in defence.

That would be a nice change. We do not need a running Seven if we get all these other speedsters we are set.
Hookers are locked in for next year. Won’t be any recruiting there.

The Stuff article last week has Otukolo and Kalepo both in top 30 next year.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings