Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Three players are on train and trial deals with the squad in Australia at the moment.

Pride Petterson-Robati, a kiwi from Wellington who plays second row, aged 25 and most recently played for Norths the Devils in the Queensland Cup and was a part of the Storm NYC team before moving to Newcastle.

Second player on a train and trial deal is Nathan Watts a prop aged 24, most recently played for Redcliffe Dolphins in Queensland Cup. Won a Queensland Cup title with them in 2018, and has played for the Queensland residents side previously.

Third player on a train and trial deal is Lahclan timm a prop aged 24, he was previously a part of the Dragons NRL team until last year, but never played a game for them. Most recently played for the Redcliffe Dolphins. Interesting to note that he spent time with the Warriors team training with them earlier this year.
I would say Pride is the most likely out of those three. He was on a development contract last year with the broncos.

None of them will be difference makers for us in 2021. Might not even play that heavily for Redcliffe as we need to get game time for our top 30 players not picked in the first grade 17 and our six development players.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Neither of those guys are with the club.

Kosi, Vailea, Glamuzina, Kalepo and Vagana are locked in.

With Otukolo, Lleyton Finau and Kepu twins fighting for the last spot over the preseason.

Last I heard J Nikorima isn’t being considered for a 2021 development contract.

Jayden was in the Redcliffe squad this year just like Timms and Watts. I would expect all three to bve lining up for the Dolphins next year so getting them training with our NRL squad is a good way to kick off the partnership.

Dolphins will have a lot of holes that need filling seeing as they had half a dozen Broncos on their books last year.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Jayden was in the Redcliffe squad this year just like Timms and Watts. I would expect all three to bve lining up for the Dolphins next year so getting them training with our NRL squad is a good way to kick off the partnership.

Dolphins will have a lot of holes that need filling seeing as they had half a dozen Broncos on their books last year.
Yup but what I was saying is that the best Jayden can hope for is a second tier contract in 2021 and have another shot in 2022. In other words, Jayden Nikorima will not be playing first grade for us in 2021.

Top 30 is locked in and development contracts are locked in minus one spot which I've been told he's not in the running for.

Re Redcliffe, none of us know what the alignment will look like yet. Assuming no injuries 13 of the top 30 are gonna miss out on first grade selection and will need to play QLD cup, so I can't see those guys like Timms and Watts getting anymore game time than Preston Riki has the last couple years.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Yup but what I was saying is that the best Jayden can hope for is a second tier contract in 2021 and have another shot in 2022. In other words, Jayden Nikorima will not be playing first grade for us in 2021.

Top 30 is locked in and development contracts are locked in minus one spot which I've been told he's not in the running for.

Re Redcliffe, none of us know what the alignment will look like yet. Assuming no injuries 13 of the top 30 are gonna miss out on first grade selection and will need to play QLD cup, so I can't see those guys like Timms and Watts getting anymore game time than Preston Riki has the last couple years.

If we get to play in NZ then the QLD component will alter things.

Generally teams always carry 19 to the game just encase, and no doubt injury and suspension will come in to play.

Redcliffe are very active in helping junior rugby league in Moreton Bay. They're not going to keep 13+ spots open for all our players to slot in, especially with travel interferring with training. They will want to continue developing QLD kids too.

I'd be expecting more of a 50/50 split at best than a Warriors team in Dolphins colours.

Barty

U20's Player
Sep 29, 2020

Looking at our roster. We have only Eagan and Lawton as hookers. With the way the rules have changed, there is alot of onus on middle players. If we strike injuries (which I can see happening, especially given Eagan and Lawton have had injury issues in the past), who plays dummy half??

DallyM

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2016
Looking at our roster. We have only Eagan and Lawton as hookers. With the way the rules have changed, there is alot of onus on middle players. If we strike injuries (which I can see happening, especially given Eagan and Lawton have had injury issues in the past), who plays dummy half??
Yes looks pretty light in that area.... f it came to that maybe a Kody/Tavega combo with Turner in the halves not sure who else could cover maybe Sironen as he's a light forward

Barty

U20's Player
Sep 29, 2020
Yes looks pretty light in that area.... f it came to that maybe a Kody/Tavega combo with Turner in the halves not sure who else could cover maybe Sironen as he's a light forward
I think we are very vunerable. Tevaga's passing game is not up to demands of the modern hooker. That's why I thought they would find space somewhere for JN given he has played dummy half before. Realisitically I can only see Kodi as the 'third' option in the current squad.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
You are right, it’s an obvious weakness with how this roster has been constructed. If it happens before 30 June, then I guess POS will be relying on getting dispensation for Temple Kalepo to play (development contract) OR putting Kodi Nikorima in at hooker and brining in Paul Turner to the halves. Jazz is not a viable option in my opinion.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
There are a few other players on T&T deals with the Warriors
Edit: sorry already discussed

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings