Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

kavafred

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2013
Widdop is way better than Blake Green.

In many ways SJ was a one trick pony e.g. amazing step, very quick off the mark and good top line speed as well. Therefore the opposition always had to watch him and therefore he made space around him.

I don't know that he was an organiser. The Warriors players might not have listened to him because he wasn't a bro, but did he do any better at the Sharks?

His kicking was ok, but not outstanding for a high salaried stand off.
I predict he will win a game for the sharks real soon.........He is that good!!

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Johnson fg to win it…coulda used that last week aye!
Intresting that he always gets scrutinised so much, despite the general consensus that he has been poor this year he’s had 2 try assists, 7 forced drop outs and a drop goal. Some monster kicking meters too. Literally all the things we need…

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Widdop is way better than Blake Green.

In many ways SJ was a one trick pony e.g. amazing step, very quick off the mark and good top line speed as well. Therefore the opposition always had to watch him and therefore he made space around him.

I don't know that he was an organiser. The Warriors players might not have listened to him because he wasn't a bro, but did he do any better at the Sharks?

His kicking was ok, but not outstanding for a high salaried stand off.
Blake green was really good for us before he fell off a cliff last season. Some years he was in the top ten for try assists in the nrl if I recall correctly
I think calling Widdop Blake Green Mach 2 is accurate and is neither a diss or a compliment to Widdop.
Think Widdop will be solid but unspectacular if he came here very much like Blake green was for us.
Blake green was a good warriors signing. We also jumped off the Blake green bus just in time when Father Time caught up to him.

Geoff Public

Warriors. As good as Gould
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
Jeeze, 400k of Ah Mau, 400k of Ken, and about 600k of RTS money burning a hole in my pocket for next year.

With Nikorima and Egan off contract at the end of next year and possibly about $900k combined there, we need to be pumping huge money into too hooker (800k), a top half (900k) and a big prop (700k)
I'd take Hodgson and Lodge for 2 of those

Reactions: Toookey

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Blake green was really good for us before he fell off a cliff last season. Some years he was in the top ten for try assists in the nrl if I recall correctly
I think calling Widdop Blake Green Mach 2 is accurate and is neither a diss or a compliment to Widdop.
Think Widdop will be solid but unspectacular if he came here very much like Blake green was for us.
Blake green was a good warriors signing. We also jumped off the Blake green bus just in time when Father Time caught up to him.
Remember he was in the frame for origin to represent NSW in 2018. Blake Greens demise coincided with SJ leaving, and was regarded as a perfect foil after the first year. We recruited well at that time and were building nicely.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Green was an awful signing, played decent for half a season in 2018 & was at best a passenger beyond that. Also for someone so average he seemed to have a lot to say about what was wrong with other players. Calling him a journeyman was way too complimentary for his skill set.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Is Scott drinkwater on the table
He would be ideal
Cowboys for unknown potentially capricious reasons signed Drinkwater even though they have Le Chad and Dearden and Holmes for next year.
does anyone know any oil or the cowboys appetite for keeping him? They signed him a month ago through to 2023

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Is Scott drinkwater on the table
He would be ideal
Cowboys for unknown potentially capricious reasons signed Drinkwater even though they have Le Chad and Dearden and Holmes for next year.
does anyone know any oil or the cowboys appetite for keeping him? They signed him a month ago through to 2023
Yeah only signed a month a go for 2 years so you’d think he’s a no go. Apparently they’ve signed Dearden as a depth signing and Drinky/Chad is the preferred combo. However with Dearden going there early this year, he could go well and is first choice next year

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:
Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings