Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

NZWarriorsFaithful

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 24, 2020
It’s not about minutes on the field. Cmon. It’s what you do during those
A fit Lodge would have made us a better team, however it’s the b

AFB averaged 55 minutes in 2019 vs Lodge at 57 minutes, this season Lodge was down to 42 minutes due to injury. Also AFB’s output per minute was comfortably ahead of Lodge.
Gerard Beale plays 80mins what’s good about him 😂

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Just curious. Who leads the pack if no Lodge? TBH I don’t see that player in our forwards. I recall Tohu said one of the reasons he came to the Warriors was to improve his talk and his leadership.

Nobody can question his actions on the field but IF he were to leave the club those qualities would remain unfulfilled imo.

Next guy that comes to mind is Jazz ... Can he bully our pack, lead them/put a rocket up them? I’m doubtful.

The talk out there around the new pack has me concerned, I just hope they don’t buy into all the hype before the first hit up of the new season and that there’s a straight shooter somewhere in there.

If recruitment is essentially over for 2021 then I’m looking for Tohu to have another big year, it maybe that we need slightly different qualities from him next season.

Black_jrdn

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 8, 2018
AFB could do it but he doesnt have the greatest character for leadership, it has to work off field as well as on. from what people are saying about Kane evans there may be something there, but hes probably not going to be first choice unless something changes over preseson.

It would be fine too have just a role player leading the pack with solid performances if we had an ace hooker....... but

ja_weez

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2018
Just curious. Who leads the pack if no Lodge? TBH I don’t see that player in our forwards. I recall Tohu said one of the reasons he came to the Warriors was to improve his talk and his leadership.

Nobody can question his actions on the field but IF he were to leave the club those qualities would remain unfulfilled imo.

Next guy that comes to mind is Jazz ... Can he bully our pack, lead them/put a rocket up them? I’m doubtful.

The talk out there around the new pack has me concerned, I just hope they don’t buy into all the hype before the first hit up of the new season and that there’s a straight shooter somewhere in there.

If recruitment is essentially over for 2021 then I’m looking for Tohu to have another big year, it maybe that we need slightly different qualities from him next season.
I don't think pack leadership comes down to one person. Different people bring different things.
You need people to bring the organisation and communication (Tohu, Egan), people who lead the D line speed and kick chase (Jazz) and tough aggressive bullies who intimidate the opposition (Jazz tries, now AFB)

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings