Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

W.A warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Yeah and we've already seen the effects in 5 months. It doesn't take a genius to forecast where the game is heading in the next 2-3 years.

There's not really anything about Lodge's game that makes me think he will be able to adapt. AFB, although similar size and motor, is a lot faster off the mark than Lodge and has miles better footwork.

And Lodge will absolutely still be able to contribute when the game reaches that stage, but your essentially paying him star player money.
Gillmeister sized props in the next few years?

No there will always be a required big lad in a pack. The number of big lads will become the question though

NZWarriorsFaithful

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 24, 2020
BROWN SHUTS DOWN LINK TO STORM STAR

Warriors coach Nathan Brown has refuted claims that the club was preparing to make a play for Storm half Jahrome Hughes.

Hughes, who is off contract after 2021 so is free to talk to rivals, has been linked to a move to the Warriors, however Brown says he is more than happy with his current halves pairing.

“I can honestly say we haven’t spoken to Jahrome Hughes,” he told Triple M’s Rush Hour with MG.

“What a terrific player, he’s been outstanding but we feel very confident in young Chanel Harris-Tavita, he played under ‘Mooksy’ (Stephen Kearney) and got around 30 games and Kodi Nikorima had his best year last year too.

Jahrome Hughes won’t be heading to the Warriors. (Photo by Matt Roberts/Getty Images)
Jahrome Hughes won’t be heading to the Warriors. (Photo by Matt Roberts/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images
“So as it stands, we’ve got Chanel on a bit of a longer term contract and Kodi’s got one year to go but with the way those blokes played last year we’ll hopefully see a lot of growth in them but who knows where people end up. But I can honestly say that Jahrome Hughes is not a player we’ve had any conversation with even though he’s an outstanding talent.”

From fox sports
This is what POS said. He said along the lines I’m fine with our halfs pair now but if one player leaves then we will make a play.

drake83

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 14, 2013
Palmerston North
Yeah and we've already seen the effects in 5 months. It doesn't take a genius to forecast where the game is heading in the next 2-3 years.

There's not really anything about Lodge's game that makes me think he will be able to adapt. AFB, although similar size and motor, is a lot faster off the mark than Lodge and has miles better footwork.

And Lodge will absolutely still be able to contribute when the game reaches that stage, but your essentially paying him star player money.
Give the big guys an off season before we can say that.
The 6 again rule got brought in mid season, which was not anticipated and the big boys had not prepared for. This off season they know what to work on

geepee

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 30, 2020
any one else find it interesting that harris aint committed yet to club if wanted to be here he would of signed , its a shame hughes ain't on radar

Reactions: Fonzie

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
any one else find it interesting that harris aint committed yet to club if wanted to be here he would of signed , its a shame hughes ain't on radar

Not really. Negotiations can drag on for months and for all we know we haven't finalised an offer.

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
My tho

If Lodge is an elite prop. The quality of players is dropping. He won't be in the top 6 props in NSW yet along Australia and NZ.
What does the sentence in bold mean?
Not in top 6 props "yet"? So you think he is an up and comer?

Was this post on your phone with auto text? I don't understand what the word "along" means in the context of the sentence,

Can you try again?

• Sad
Reactions: diehard

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
Don't exxpect any annoucement any time soon in regards to Tohu Harris re-signing with club, he is in no rush to re-sign with the club. Waiting to see how the club under Brown goes early next season, but more importantly wants to know where the club will be located long term i.e. when will they return to Auckland to play. Has a family and wants that stability, does not want to have to spend long periods of time away from them like this past season gone. Club sees him as a valuable piece an is prepared to play a waiting game in order to re-sign him.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings