Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
A hooker, we need a decent hooker...Egan is not the answer.
I see Hodgson is on the outer at the Raiders. Linked to Brocs though. He would be perfect for us. Experienced, crafty playmaker who can tackle. He would be my ideal Hooker for the Warriors. Been saying it on here for ages. Hodgson is an awesome player.

Vancent

It is what it is...
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
We might stand a better how with him being English
It’s funny, Rickys English approach has been lauded as a clever and successful ploy over the past couple of years.

It’s looking more and more likely however that this strategy peaked in their GF loss.

Bateman got homesick and left, Williams is homesick and Hodgson has relinquished the Captaincy and is being linked to other clubs.

Not sure it’s been successful at all TBH, was always a premature call.

Happy to bypass a bulk English approach but would take Hodgson alone.

geepee

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 27, 2016
Dufty is not someone you want in this club. I have heard he's not a good influence and maybe that's why the Dragons don't want to keep him.
lol yet hook has him looking after our jnrs , has brought out the best of him on field and improves all the time . I think "your not a good influence" part needs explaining more from your source because from what hear the only sure he and few have is the top level management

as hook doesn't want him to go

Reactions: HoRneT041

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
lol yet hook has him looking after our jnrs , has brought out the best of him on field and improves all the time . I think "your not a good influence" part needs explaining more from your source because from what hear the only sure he and few have is the top level management

as hook doesn't want him to go
Yeah I think what he means is that he’s just shit.

Seriously, we shouldn’t be settling for someone like Dufty.

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
A hooker, we need a decent hooker...Egan is not the answer.
50 minutes is enough Eagan time..

Being part of the leadership group probably keeps him out there longer than we would like?

He might go better subbed with either kodi or cht, but I agree some change required there to add more punch when things get predictable.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Geoffpublic

Warriors. As good as Gould
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
It’s funny, Rickys English approach has been lauded as a clever and successful ploy over the past couple of years.

It’s looking more and more likely however that this strategy peaked in their GF loss.

Bateman got homesick and left, Williams is homesick and Hodgson has relinquished the Captaincy and is being linked to other clubs.

You never know whether you'll get a James Graham or a Bobby Goulding.
Pre covid when everyone could travel, working overseas didn't cause the issues it does now. We've seen the effect it has on players within our team.

Bateman would have originally stayed if they'd given him his pay increase. Instead they bleated about how much it cost to get him there, so he secured a descent contract at Wigan and went home.
It was a huge mistake. There are only a few players where the only question you really need to ask is: Do we win with him in the team?

drake83

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 14, 2013
Palmerston North

Goes to show how small a premiership window can be

DallyM

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2016
On Reece Walsh. I know we have him signed for 3 years at quite a low price for someone already showing how good he is. But would be nice if he is a success this year that the warriors look at upgrading his contract long term already. Clubs will already be looking at him and it might be hard to keep him down the track
I'm with you I don't want to lose this kid..... Also does his three year contract start from next year, a bit confused as to when it actually starts.... If anyone knows.... I'll have to check later after work

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2015

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
After hearing Walters whinging about poachers circling the Broncos, and seeing them miss on a few players and hearing what a basketcase they are right now makes me think the time is perfect to poach some of their players.

Anyone decent there that would add to our stock?

Isaako?

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
On Reece Walsh. I know we have him signed for 3 years at quite a low price for someone already showing how good he is. But would be nice if he is a success this year that the warriors look at upgrading his contract long term already. Clubs will already be looking at him and it might be hard to keep him down the track
I definitely had a feeling when we signed him this was a typical make a decent Australian signing who leaves us for greener pastures at the end of the contract.

Knowing now is missus is a kiwi changes things.

Definitely agree we should look to lock him in long term with an upgrade.

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
North Shore
I definitely had a feeling when we signed him this was a typical make a decent Australian signing who leaves us for greener pastures at the end of the contract.

Knowing now is missus is a kiwi changes things.

Definitely agree we should look to lock him in long term with an upgrade.
He's also half Maori, albeit on his estranged Mother's side

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

02 May

24 - 20
6.5 Total Avg Rating
7.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings