Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
All this talk of cutting Frei and Curran. Since when could you just cut a guy because you felt like it?

Is there a rule change I missed somewhere?
Yeah under the new rule fans can fire a player into the sun after one game if they feel like it, reminds me of when the Bulldogs fans sent that little scrub Thurston to Townsville. Frei and Curran could be anything given time, I'd rather see what they can do for us than watch Peyten turn them into first graders but those two are probably on the first flight out if we need to cut any more players.

Last edited:

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Yeah under the new rule fans can fire a player into the sun after one game if they feel like it, reminds me of when the Bulldogs fans sent that little scrub Thurston to Townsville. Frei and Curran could be anything given time, I'd rather see what they can do for us than watch Peyten turn them into first graders but those two are probably on the first flight out if we need to cut any more players.

Where was that rule for coaches the previous few years?

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
And here I was thinking it had to be done by the official method of fan vote via text where a 50% margin was required. What a dumb ass I am!!

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Frei could have had a breakout year like JTB if not for doing his acl in the trial, he looked the most likely to me at that stage. Curran I don't know, he showed some promise but he looked like he was trying too hard to get a highlight reel out of his 20 minute career and most of it went wrong. Can't judge him on that, give him at least another 20 minutes to impress us before we send him away to uncle Todd and the banjo boys.

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

I know this is a very early call but I'm gonna put myself out there, risk it all, and say that Frei and Curran probably won't turn out to be as good as Jonathan Thurston.

Bold, I know.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I was with my girl at the Onehunga Dress Mart today & I saw none other than Cameron George & Stacey Jones in full Warriors gear locked in a deep conversation over coffee.

So I pulled a deep fake & grabbed a PC mocha soy boy skimmed almond juice latte with a shot of estrogen & sniped a seat right next to them so that I could try & get a taste of some hot sauce fresh off the grill.

Here's the good oil ...

Both like talking about the vid, property investment & fishing.

One has a face & a voice that just screams "punch me" even more in person.

The other looks like he may have had a hair transplant.

I tried to be icy & for the most part, I was.

But as me & my girl got up & walked off I yelled out ... "Resign Tohu!!! ... Trade Jazz!!!"

I don't know how well that was received by either party as I had my back turned, but if I go by my girl's reaction ... they probably weren't overly impressed.

Oh well ... I gave it a shot.

I guess I'll crack a wee semi if it ends up panning out that way.

Time will tell.

#NZWarriors2021

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings