Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
To be brutally honest, I barely remember Marty Berry as a player but was a big fan of Norm Berryman. I got them mixed up and thought Rocco going to be a fearsome beast of winger/centre..

Was quite shocked he was white and clearly 1/2 the size! - my bad I guess? Lol

Marty Berry, Rocco's Dad, was not the most talented players but he was skilled and a typical 2nd 5/8 in those days. I remember being told as a midfield back that if I wanted to play 2nd 5 in NPC I would have to have a crowbar smashed over my knees, if I blinked I was Centre. Marty was one of the hardest going.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Marty Berry, Rocco's Dad, was not the most talented players but he was skilled and a typical 2nd 5/8 in those days. I remember being told as a midfield back that if I wanted to play 2nd 5 in NPC I would have to have a crowbar smashed over my knees, if I blinked I was Centre. Marty was one of the hardest going.
That's nothing, in league they used to run us over with a bulldozer and if we blinked they broke our arms and put us on the wing.

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Seen a couple people suggest CHT at 9. I'd urge you to go back and watch the games he played at 9 last season. It wasn't pretty.

The Egan situation isn't ideal — he's clearly been playing with a knock for quite some time now and is having to play 80. Given Walsh's form, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kodi move to 14 once CHT comes back, or CHT moves to 14 and comes on as a half, pushing Kodi into 9.

But in the meantime, given we're supposedly not afraid to blood new players this season, I really don't know why Otukolo hasn't been named on the bench. Especially if we're keeping him around as 18th man.

A shame to lose Turner but can absolutely understand why he'd want to move on.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
A shame about Turner but not unexpected after it come out it was coming from him/his management about moving to the Broncos when Walsh was on his way. Then the FB post going around.

Good to see the club made him an offer. Our was higher so can see his motivation is game time and likely in his preferred position. He would of got game time this month with our injury toll but unfortunatley he got injured himself.

Hopefully his new club gives him opportunities to prove himself in his preffered position(s).

Good luck to him. Hopefully he goes well except for one or two games a season.

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
A shame about Turner but not unexpected after it come out it was coming from him/his management about moving to the Broncos when Walsh was on his way. Then the FB post going around.

Good to see the club made him an offer. Our was higher so can see his motivation is game time and likely in his preferred position. He would of got game time this month with our injury toll but unfortunatley he got injured himself.

Hopefully his new club gives him opportunities to prove himself in his preffered position(s).

Good luck to him. Hopefully he goes well except for one or two games a season.
Yea, i also reacon he saw Walsh and thought... Fuck there goes my chances

leaguepunk66

Waterboy
May 2, 2016
To be brutally honest, I barely remember Marty Berry as a player but was a big fan of Norm Berryman. I got them mixed up and thought Rocco was going to be a fearsome beast of winger/centre..

Was quite shocked he was white and clearly 1/2 the size! - my bad I guess? Lol

Just saying Rocco has good bloodlines
yep,genetically Rocco definitely has the goods,played U-18s with Marty,he was a big solid dude for a back and a real hard bastard.you didnt lie on the ball if he was comin over the top!

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

02 May

24 - 20
6.5 Total Avg Rating
7.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings