Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Yeah under the new rule fans can fire a player into the sun after one game if they feel like it, reminds me of when the Bulldogs fans sent that little scrub Thurston to Townsville. Frei and Curran could be anything given time, I'd rather see what they can do for us than watch Peyten turn them into first graders but those two are probably on the first flight out if we need to cut any more players.

I know this is a very early call but I'm gonna put myself out there, risk it all, and say that Frei and Curran probably won't turn out to be as good as Jonathan Thurston.

Bold, I know.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I was with my girl at the Onehunga Dress Mart today & I saw none other than Cameron George & Stacey Jones in full Warriors gear locked in a deep conversation over coffee.

So I pulled a deep fake & grabbed a PC mocha soy boy skimmed almond juice latte with a shot of estrogen & sniped a seat right next to them so that I could try & get a taste of some hot sauce fresh off the grill.

Here's the good oil ...

Both like talking about the vid, property investment & fishing.

One has a face & a voice that just screams "punch me" even more in person.

The other looks like he may have had a hair transplant.

I tried to be icy & for the most part, I was.

But as me & my girl got up & walked off I yelled out ... "Resign Tohu!!! ... Trade Jazz!!!"

I don't know how well that was received by either party as I had my back turned, but if I go by my girl's reaction ... they probably weren't overly impressed.

Oh well ... I gave it a shot.

I guess I'll crack a wee semi if it ends up panning out that way.

Time will tell.

#NZWarriors2021

Last edited:

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
And here I was thinking it had to be done by the official method of fan vote via text where a 50% margin was required. What a dumb ass I am!!

No, it's by mirror vote. If you vote for a player to go and the Man/Woman In The Mirror concurs, then, it could be The Best Warriors Player Ever, but even so, he's voted out of the stadium.

It's when the M/WITM disagrees that things get interesting.

And of course sometimes the player you voted off ends up making you look stupid. Sione Moala might make us look stupid one day, for instance. That's the risk you take with young players. Either the Warriors let him go because they didn't see a bright future for him, or didn't see it here and thought it wasn't right to hold him to whatever contract he had.

I was with my girl at the Onehunga Dress Mart today & I saw none other than Cameron George & Stacey Jones in full Warriors gear locked in a deep conversation over coffee.

So I pulled a deep fake & grabbed a PC mocha soy boy skimmed almond juice latte with a shot of estrogen & sniped a seat right next to them so that I could try & get a taste of some hot sauce fresh off the grill.

Here's the good oil ...

Both like talking about the vid, property investment & fishing.

One has a face & a voice that just screams "punch me" even more in person.

The other looks like he may have had a hair transplant.

I tried to be icy & for the most part, I was.

But as me & my girl got up & walked off I yelled out ... "Resign Tohu!!! ... Trade Jazz!!!"

I don't know how well that was received by either party as I had my back turned, but if I go by my girl's reaction ... they probably weren't overly impressed.

Oh well ... I gave it a shot.

I guess I'll crack a wee semi if it ends up panning out that way.

Time will tell.

#NZWarriors2021

Depends how you said "Resign Tohu!!!". Resign and Resign are quite different. If you prounounced the s like a z and CG and SJ looked unimpressed, we're fine. If you pronounced it the s like an s, however, Tohu could be headed to another club.

I'll be 'round at yours with the pitchfork and torch if it's the latter.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Depends how you said "Resign Tohu!!!". Resign and Resign are quite different. If you pronounced the s like a z and CG and SJ looked unimpressed, we're fine. If you pronounced it the s like an s, however, Tohu could be headed to another club.

I'll be 'round at yours with the pitchfork and torch if it's the latter.
Aww chit bro ... now you've got me having a mild anxiety attack ... thinking how the hell did I pronounce it ???

If I spoke in my usual manner then it should be all good.

But if I had a Freudian slip & inadvertently fell back into my OG southside accent ... Tohu may be gooonne 😧 🤢 🤐

Last edited:

YeahNah 4020

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 6, 2017
Take it as you will or just chuck it out the door, but Fox Sports got that Chinese Whispers that we be offering Hughes a long term deal, soooooo this means:

Its quiet time in the media and journo still gotta make that quota

Manager raising them cash stakes for his player

Gets yo head around the fact that it’s a CHT Hughes combo and Kodi on the outer unless he wants to be a super sub

CHT, Hughes, O’Sully, J Nik, Turner could be our halves stock

Back to you in the studio

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020
Take it as you will or just chuck it out the door, but Fox Sports got that Chinese Whispers that we be offering Hughes a long term deal, soooooo this means:

Its quiet time in the media and journo still gotta make that quota

Manager raising them cash stakes for his player

Gets yo head around the fact that it’s a CHT Hughes combo and Kodi on the outer unless he wants to be a super sub

CHT, Hughes, O’Sully, J Nik, Turner could be our halves stock

Back to you in the studio
Where did you hear this?

• Haha
Reactions: brightman

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia

W.A warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Seeing nothing in that article that makes me think Hughes is coming to Auckland.

If I'm putting money on it, if he's leaving Melbourne, he's becoming a Titans player.
I hope you’re right if the price tag is up at 800/900K.
No way I would spend more than 650 on him. One cracking season in a brilliant storm system does not bump him into the top tier of playmakers IMO.

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
Some articles have mentioned he turned down the storm's 500K per year deal as he wants to get around 700K.
I wouldn't be too upset about 700k on a halfback.

Think of it as Kodi's + Fusitua salaries = $1m.
We can get Hughes and a decent winger with the $300K

I can’t see even the Titans taking over Fusituas contract. He’s here for a long time on big money so unless the Warriors are prepared to pay for a significant portion of his salary he’s going to be a Warrior for a while.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.1 Total Avg Rating
4.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.8
    Peta Hiku