Billy Teets James

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia

Billy Teets James

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
He's only 2kg bigger than turner and 6kg bugger than Perham.
If you think Too is a mini prop wing then you must think every winger is a mini prop wing.
Pre match interview a few weeks ago he said he is 103kg. At 5 ft9. even tho it says he is 182cm on his wiki 🙄 He's not 6ft. Cleary says he does well for someone who is only 5ft9.

Billy Teets James

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
He's only 2kg bigger than turner and 6kg bugger than Perham.
If you think Too is a mini prop wing then you must think every winger is a mini prop wing.
I also don't have to think. You can see by his build he is a mini tank mate. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings lol.
The kid has speed , strength & agility. Good game awareness.
I like the kid. I'd have him over our current wings no doubt.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I also don't have to think. You can see by his build he is a mini tank mate. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings lol.
The kid has speed , strength & agility. Good game awareness.
I like the kid. I'd have him over our current wings no doubt.
To’o has a way bigger build than both Turner and Perham. And he’s definately shorter than his listed 6’0ft.

If anything, he’s evidence supporting the propwing movement. He’s bigger than most wings out there right now. But most importantly he just has the agility and speed that our wings don’t have.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Can’t see him handling the defense- could be a great utility coming off the bench hohaia styles- would cover similar positions

I would target him all day brother

halfbacks in rugby don’t make text book 1:1 tackles. They’re more like half tackles to slow momentum for their forwards to come in for the ruck or maul...

Target him all day

all day......!

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
North Shore
Pre match interview a few weeks ago he said he is 103kg. At 5 ft9. even tho it says he is 182cm on his wiki 🙄 He's not 6ft. Cleary says he does well for someone who is only 5ft9.

So Brian To'o is the same height as Kodi Nikorima?
In that case, are there any other 103kg Kodi Nikorima's we can chuck on the wing?

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
North Shore
Kodi is 5 "7. Close enough I suppose. Why would we want a 103kg Kodi? Lol Why not someone like To"o?
Where are you getting your measurements? I cant claim to any special way of sizing them up so i am using nrl/club profiles and zero tackle which all seem in line.
All the above have Kodi at 174cm or 5"9'

Reactions: Worried2Death

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
Those To'o stats from last night dont tell the whole story. 4 tackle busts came from the Broncos scrambling too hard on cover defense where he dropped the ball near the line, another 5 were in1 play where he dropped a bomb and the Broncos gave up the chase and he ran 30 meters.
Hes horrible under the high ball, bordering on Vatuvei v Eels bad, under 1 bomb he did an under 10s play and said na, fuck that and let it bounce.
Xavier Coates though, laughed when he got picked for origin, but absolute superstar.

Billy Teets James

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
Where are you getting your measurements? I cant claim to any special way of sizing them up so i am using nrl/club profiles and zero tackle which all seem in line.
All the above have Kodi at 174cm or 5"9'
My son is 5ft 10 when he had his photo taken with Kodi last year. And was a lot taller than him. 174 = 5ft8. With heels on I guess he'll be 5ft9. Like I said, Brians height on his wiki page lists him at 182cm. Hes not 6ft tall. Hes own coach said he is 5ft 9.
I mean, There's no special measurements lol. You did say , Using their profiles To'o is around the same size as Turner & Perham. Which is definately not the case.

crump81

Warriors Bench Player
May 18, 2012
Would love to sign TJ Perenara. I think he would be a great league hooker. He's tough, has a good passing game, good defender, good runner of the ball (would draw multiple defenders), and gives us another kicking option. Seems we are put off by his price tag though.
Warriors have said they won't pay him what hes asking for

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Definitely, the more defensively sound halfbacks could transition well to league I think. We should've been chucking some decent coin at Folau Fakatava before he re-signed this year, would've made an unreal hooker and wouldn't have to sit behind Aaron Smith.
Just behind Egan 😂

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I think Perenara would be fine defensively, he gets a lot bigger bodies in union on the pick and go and around the ruck he has to handle...and .u dont get to be an All Black if your not tough. No doubt the defensive load will increase but that just come's down to conditioning......and he couldnt have picked a better club in that regards.

Tend to forget generally how much bigger union players are given TJ is a union halfback, by comparison

TJ 184cm 94kg
Egan 185cm 91kg
Cameron Smith 185cm 90kg

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020
I think Perenara would be fine defensively, he gets a lot bigger bodies in union on the pick and go and around the ruck he has to handle...and .u dont get to be an All Black if your not tough. No doubt the defensive load will increase but that just come's down to conditioning......and he couldnt have picked a better club in that regards.

Tend to forget generally how much bigger union players are given TJ is a union halfback, by comparison

TJ 184cm 94kg
Egan 185cm 91kg
Cameron Smith 185cm 90kg
Everyone is an upgrade from Egan

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Perenara is 30 now and has never played league as far as I know. Excellent rugby player but it would take him at least a season or two to adjust. The Rooster might be able to low ball him but there’s no way that we would get him without flicking good coin at him.

At the Warriors we just need to work on our development really, Laumape is a massive case in point there.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:
Manly Sea Eagles Rate Match

Last Game

09 May

32 - 38
4.9 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 14 ratings