Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Geoffpublic

Warriors. As good as Gould
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
no its a cock up from us / or his management we new he was in our 30 obviously warriors never said that to them or they wouldnt asked
No, the Broncos made a poor assumption and failed to do basic check on the player. Turner is listed in our top 30 on the NRL website. We'd be giving POS a bit of stick if he made the same lazy mistake.
Now they want us to put up someone else? They should have some idea of who they want. But they haven't got a clue. They just want someone because we signed Walsh.
They have how many feeder teams with how many juniors? And they're still mucking around with players careers because they're put out.
What a shambles they are.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
No, the Broncos made a poor assumption and failed to do basic check on the player. Turner is listed in our top 30 on the NRL website. We'd be giving POS a bit of stick if he made the same lazy mistake.
Now they want us to put up someone else? They should have some idea of who they want. But they haven't got a clue. They just want someone because we signed Walsh.
They have how many feeder teams with how many juniors? And they're still mucking around with players careers because they're put out.
What a shambles they are.
They can have Pride Patterson Robati! 😂

Waiting For Premiership

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 11, 2012
We've also gotten in some really good ones though to be fair. Addin Fonua-Blake, Ben Murdoch-Masila and Siro look good. Unfortunate we're stuck paying out the arse for FuSHITua and Ken though. It pretty much ruins our prospects for fixing the backline and spine short term.
Ll
no its a cock up from us / or his management we new he was in our 30 obviously warriors never said that to them or they wouldnt asked
Rubbish its all good for us

Vancent

It is what it is...
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Reynolds has knocked back South’s adjusted offer (2yrs with Yr2 in the Club’s favour).

Not an expert but that just reads like a trumped up 1yr deal to me?!

I wouldn’t hesitate to drop $800kp.a. for 3yrs on AR.

CHT to 6, Kodi to 14 as the modern Hohaia and big pigs on the rest of the bench.

That mops up the spine issue with Walsh replacing RTS and with less injuries we have decent cover (with the development hookers coming through).

I’ll leave that with ya POS...

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Reynolds has knocked back South’s adjusted offer (2yrs with Yr2 in the Club’s favour).

Not an expert but that just reads like a trumped up 1yr deal to me?!

I wouldn’t hesitate to drop $800kp.a. for 3yrs on AR.

CHT to 6, Kodi to 14 as the modern Hohaia and big pigs on the rest of the bench.

That mops up the spine issue with Walsh replacing RTS and with less injuries we have decent cover (with the development hookers coming through).

I’ll leave that with ya POS...
It's pretty fair to assume the Cows have the cash to splash with Morgan retiring. You'd have to think he just basically takes over that contract.

Reactions: Swanley and Vancent

Vancent

It is what it is...
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
It's pretty fair to assume the Cows have the cash to splash with Morgan retiring. You'd have to think he just basically takes over that contract.
Yeah that’s a safe bet, but also very public early and if you’re Adam, is there any chance of success there in the next 2-3yrs?

We have the majority of RTS money left and we’re on the rise, enter Phil Gould please!

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Jesus. People really hate Ken and Fuss now huh? Remember not long ago they were the cum rags for most of our Saturday afternoon splungings. The way I see it, we just dont use players effectively and consisntanty enough to their strenths. Oh, what's that? We have the best aerial threat in the entire game...yea let's never kick to him in a attaching position. EVER! A damaging ball runner you say? Lets just bury him into the ground by using him as a battering ram the entire game and nothing else.

Look at how we've fucked up RTS. Fucking miracle that bloke still makes himself look good every week.

I feel sorry for blokes like Ken and Fusitua. Wingers need glory to go with the grind and unfortunately for whatever reason we just don't feed their ego enough with some fucking trys once in a while.

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Jesus. People really hate Ken and Fuss now huh? Remember not long ago they were the cum rags for most of our Saturday afternoon splungings. The way I see it, we just dont use players effectively and consisntanty enough to their strenths. Oh, what's that? We have the best aerial threat in the entire game...yea let's never kick to him in a attaching position. EVER! A damaging ball runner you say? Lets just bury him into the ground by using him as a battering ram the entire game and nothing else.

Look at how we've fucked up RTS. Fucking miracle that bloke still makes himself look good every week.

I feel sorry for blokes like Ken and Fusitua. Wingers need glory to go with the grind and unfortunately for whatever reason we just don't feed their ego enough with some fucking trys once in a while.
I think you're reaching for the top shelf a bit there man, noone hates any of our players it's just football after all.

For me personally, Fusitua hasn't played a single good game since the 2018 season. So his criticism is 100% warranted, he looks like an out and out CCup player now.

As for Ken, I am not too worried about his form because of his injury and if we're to keep one of them it would be him. He doesn't need trys to create form and that's what good players do. He's currently playing with a sternum injury, which is an absolute nightmare and they tend to hang around forever. So he has a reason to be a bit off currently.

Edit - Fusitua is also lucky that Ratuva is having a terrible run with injuries, because he may have found himself already in CCup or worse us paying freight for him to be somewhere else to open up a top 30 spot.

Last edited:

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
He will get released people. Give it a couple weeks tops.

Look at Kevvies comments:
“We could have played Reece (in the NRL) later in the year but that won’t be happening now. That’s OK, we have other good young kids coming through so we will give them the opportunity.”

To give them an opportunity they have to be on a development contract at a minimum to play first grade. That won’t happen for one of those “good young kids” if Walsh is blocking the way by holding his development contract spot.

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021

by good ball runners u mean battering rams, our whole team is except Hiku and Rts which isn’t working atm, give us some fast wingers who compete in everything.

Reactions: dean and Paulo24

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Pretty sure we put up attacking kicks on the opposition try line for Fusitua and Ken every game, usually when we’re devoid of ideas which is often. Coaches are all over that tactic anyway by getting players in numbers to block the path to the ball.

Old school tactic for old style wing play, games moved on leaps and bounds from bash & barge oversized slow twitch wingers.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
You guys forget, wingers are there to finish try’s. Our halves and centres are creating F all opportunities for them + coach is more interested in scoring up the middle than exploring space out wide.

There are creators and finishers in the game. Halves and centres are supposed to create. Wings and FB’s finish.

Ken+Fusitua are the best finishers in the game but they’re wasting away.

RTS, another fantastic finisher but even he needs create opportunities for himself.

Our only regular creator in the backs was Hiku. Our halves are still trying to figure it out. It’s a problem.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Pretty sure we put up attacking kicks on the opposition try line for Fusitua and Ken every game, usually when we’re devoid of ideas which is often. Coaches are all over that tactic anyway by getting players in numbers to block the path to the ball.

Old school tactic for old style wing play, games moved on leaps and bounds from bash & barge oversized slow twitch wingers.
I thought last season when Fusitua and Ken went home and we had to use other options on the wing that it may have shown us the way forward. However, given that they are on very long term contracts we either convert Fusitua to centre and Ken to the forwards or we get used to the fact we have fairly overpriced, one dimensional and seemingly uninterested players on the wings.

If Ken is injured, why did we start the season with him?

SouthernWorrier

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 4, 2020

agree. Didn't really get the bombing run on Tupou, he was solid all night... not that we competed much. I'd have thought given his height a few tricky ground kicks past his ankles would have had a better chance of creating an error or opportunity...

I get that Brown's keeping the game plan simple at the start of the year, but come on man, let's get some creativity in there. one out runners wouldn't be a reliable game breaker unless we were absolutely dominating their forwards. Spoiler alert... we weren't.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
agree. Didn't really get the bombing run on Tupou, he was solid all night... not that we competed much. I'd have thought given his height a few tricky ground kicks past his ankles would have had a better chance of creating an error or opportunity...

I get that Brown's keeping the game plan simple at the start of the year, but come on man, let's get some creativity in there. one out runners wouldn't be a reliable game breaker unless we were absolutely dominating their forwards. Spoiler alert... we weren't.
Yes, our kicking options look down right stupid at times.

However, Fusitua was covering the right wing where the bombs to Tupou were being made. Perhaps the execution was poor but the idea was right to bomb it up Tupou’s wing and have Fusitua compete for it... which unfortunately he never got close to doing ....

Reactions: HoRneT041

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
There were a couple of good kicks to Fusitua in the Raiders game, but he was out jumped by Rapana. He’s just not a great athlete anymore and we have him for another three seasons.

If there was a recruitment decision that summed up the Kearney era this would be it.
Can’t see him fulfilling those 3 years. POS has overhauled the forward pack he‘s not stopping there.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9
    Peta Hiku