General 2021 Warriors Preseason

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
But some have natural advantages/ disadvantages. The teams outside the capital cities (Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane) seem to have longer periods in the doldrums.

Warriors, Cowboys, Knights, Titans, Raiders are more out of the top 8 than in over the years. This year 4 of them could be realistic chances for top 8, which is good for the game.
Melbourne, Roosters, Broncos all reign while having grossly perverted Salary Caps.

Travel is a factor.

But two of the three most successful modern teams are out of Sydney and cheated the cap. The most successful recent team in Sydney....Cap cheats.

Souths had a good run while they employed a suspicious looking roster.

The Cap is the reason teams dominate more than any other reason.

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
I understand where you are coming from... but there has been little to no acknowledgement of the sitaution for members who have rolled the membership into 2021.
Perhaps it shouldn't fall onto the club and the NRL should step in...
I totally agree with you, the membership management has been sub par. Let’s hope they realise this act act fast!

Murraytd

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 5, 2014
Brisbane
Melbourne, Roosters, Broncos all reign while having grossly perverted Salary Caps.

Travel is a factor.

But two of the three most successful modern teams are out of Sydney and cheated the cap. The most successful recent team in Sydney....Cap cheats.

Souths had a good run while they employed a suspicious looking roster.

The Cap is the reason teams dominate more than any other reason.
Hey Sup,

The cap isn't the reason teams dominate!! It is the inability to enforce the cap that sees teams dominate! The allowance of 3rd party deals is a joke!. Tacitly implying you buy a side as long as the official reigstraion/contract is inside of the allowable cap space is laughable. Then it seems 3rd party deal limit's are based on how much cash Nick has... why the fuck have a cap as it has become meaningless. thus...Tedesco, Tupou, Morris, Morris, Manu, Keary, etc etc.....

Last edited:

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Hey Sup,

The cap isn't the reason teams dominate!! It is the inability to enforce the cap that sees teams dominate! The allowance of 3rd party deals is a joke!. Tacitly implying you buy a side as long as the official reigstraion/contract is inside of the allowable cap space is laughable. Then it seems 3rd party deal limit's are based on how much cash Nick has... why the fuck have a cap as it has become meaningless. thus...Tedesco, Tupou, Morris, Morris, Manu, Keary, etc etc.....
This is one of the things that pisses Paul Kent off. One of the few things. Cough, cough.

All the glamour clubs find it easy to have players who have 3rd Party Deals so, yep, they can, hand on Bible, say all their players payments do fit under the NRL's Salary Cap and the NRL will back them up on that. Those 3rd Party Deals - which, officially, the club knows nothing about as they're between the respective player/player management and the 3rd Party in question - are not included and it's not made pubic how much they're worth. There's a huge, massive hole right there.

Some could say it's an advantage that, in theory, the Warriors have - 30 players ready for 3rd Party deals to have them advertise such-and-such to The Team Of 5 Million ( (c) J Ardern 2020). But they don't/can't take advantage of it.

Reactions: Sup42 and Murraytd

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
This is one of the things that pisses Paul Kent off. One of the few things. Cough, cough.

All the glamour clubs find it easy to have players who have 3rd Party Deals so, yep, they can, hand on Bible, say all their players payments do fit under the NRL's Salary Cap and the NRL will back them up on that. Those 3rd Party Deals - which, officially, the club knows nothing about as they're between the respective player/player management and the 3rd Party in question - are not included and it's not made pubic how much they're worth. There's a huge, massive hole right there.

Some could say it's an advantage that, in theory, the Warriors have - 30 players ready for 3rd Party deals to have them advertise such-and-such to The Team Of 5 Million ( (c) J Ardern 2020). But they don't/can't take advantage of it.

Legit 3rd party deals arn't even that big of a thing in the NRL, if you go off the above article.

Now Roosters players wives doing a 4 hour shift as a glassy, once a week down at the clubrooms for a 200k salary is a different story.

Or putting players in touch with one of Nick Politis's property contacts to get a "good deal".

But who knows if any of the made up theories hold any weight. Maybe some clubs are just better run than others.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I know they're brothers but I found it strange the Burgesses all owned apartments in the same place. Especially when the capital gain appears low.

Wonder who organised the deal? And how many other South’s players have investment appartments brought (cough cough) off the plans?

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Heeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeee we go.... Getting very close Boys...

Most so-called experts have written us off...

This is a new Warriors era... Anything can happen and we are in control of our own destiny...
It's One game at a Time and it's Time To Shine!

Go the Mighty Warriors!
Well I’m bloody excited!

Maybe for the first time ever (I could be wrong? lol) Jamie Soward even has us in his top 8 power rankings to start the season..

7B0BF068-9340-4021-88CE-8E0BD8AC51EF.png

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
  • Haha
Reactions: HoRneT041

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone know when?where we can find the naming of the team for round 1.I presume its tomorrow?

always a Tuesday and has to be in by 5pm AEST. NRL.com has a live blog that updates as the team comes through or keep an eye on the Warriors website. There are also a couple of guys on here who are very quick off the mark to post it so that makes life easy too

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
always a Tuesday and has to be in by 5pm AEST. NRL.com has a live blog that updates as the team comes through or keep an eye on the Warriors website. There are also a couple of guys on here who are very quick off the mark to post it so that makes life easy too
Cheers Swanny

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Anyone know when?where we can find the naming of the team for round 1.I presume its tomorrow?
Tuesday afternoons from memory..

For shits and giggles this was how we were looking this time last season..
EE2352EB-FEE0-4A5B-AF5E-79AE28055524.png

I’ll miss Paasi though.. for that Tongan internationals connection alone 💪

Reactions: Paulo24 and fizurg

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings