General 2021 Warriors Preseason

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
She can go home, I'm sure he's the money earner. He has a responsibility to this team as well, the club has bent over backwards for the players this time round, I'm sure Ken won't want to return home this time?

Jesus. What a way to simplify someone's life. Women are allowed careers and their own ambitions. She was saying her job is on hold while they are over there, and she would likely lose it if she was away longer.
I'm sure if it came to it, they would stay and allow Ken to do his thing and earn his money - I'm sure they as a couple understand that.

But regardless, it's a tough situation - don't make it a beat up.

Last edited:

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Jesus. What a way to simply someone's life. Women are allowed careers and their own ambitions. She was saying her job is on hold while they are over there, and she would likely lose it if she was away longer.
I'm sure if it came to it, they would stay and allow Ken to do his thing and earn his money - I'm sure they as a couple understand that.

But regardless, it's a tough situation - don't make it a beat up.
it's not a beat up bro it's just he has to stay and justify his pay packet Imo, the warriors are not playing in front of thier home crowd and I'm sure memberships are very low, these guys need to be with the club or do what sheck does and leave the warriors.

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020
it's not a beat up bro it's just he has to stay and justify his pay packet Imo, the warriors are not playing in front of thier home crowd and I'm sure memberships are very low, these guys need to be with the club or do what sheck does and leave the warriors.
Can’t just have 2 season off say see ya boys and earn 400k

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
To be honest I actually agree there. If he’s prepared to take a pay cut then sure, or we can replace him in the 30. I’m sure the nrl will understand. He can’t earn $800k over two years and play 6 games. He’s not injured. Everyone’s doing it tough, and I literally mean everyone. You and I too. Life tough atm. I’m sure it’d be easier when you’re earning 400k too. Some people are away from their families, or lost their jobs, or both. Harsh or not, he needs to stay.

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
I agree that if he decides to head home, he shouldn't get paid. Pretty sure I was unhappy with the whole debacle last time. But the reality is there is no insinuation they are going to leave this time.

His partner/wife has highlighted the difficulty of the situation and now we are speculating needlessly that the poor bastard may leave the team (clearly not dedicated to the cause... leadership group be damned) and that his wife should just be grateful for their lot...

I know this is a forum for talking shit, but that is some DUMB shit.

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
If it's Australia for the season then logic suggests one or two members of the squad will have to come for very genuine reasons before 2021 is out for reasons such as family illness/issues etc so best we get used to that idea. All very well to say it's a team thing and highly paid athletes and all that but if someone in my family in oz was ill, needing serious assistance or worse I would want time off to be there

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Jesus. What a way to simplify someone's life. Women are allowed careers and their own ambitions. She was saying her job is on hold while they are over there, and she would likely lose it if she was away longer.
I regard mine and my wife’s job as for our family’s well-being and ambition before our individual ambition.

If I decide to cut my hours because I personal wanted to, I would regard that as selfish - family before the individual.

In these guys cases, they have a short opportunity to earn crazy huge money - to set their family up. It comes with compromises and together they need to sort their priorities. Once they make a family decision, it undermines the family if they publicly air their private individual concerns.

Many partners put a career on hold to support the highest skilled/ earning partner. Not just woman. Look at Ardern and her daddy daycare partner.

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
I regard mine and my wife’s job as for our family’s well-being and ambition before our individual ambition.

If I decide to cut my hours because I personal wanted to, I would regard that as selfish - family before the individual.

In these guys cases, they have a short opportunity to earn crazy huge money - to set their family up. It comes with compromises and together they need to sort their priorities. Once they make a family decision, it undermines the family if they publicly air their private individual concerns.

Many partners put a career on hold to support the highest skilled/ earning partner. Not just woman. Look at Ardern and her daddy daycare partner.
I agree with all of this, and I think it would be a dumb move if they did decide to come back mid-season because of her job.

My point is that there is no reason to suggest this is going to happen, so is needless speculation. And Ken's wife/partner is allowed to be concerned about her career - isn't everyone? A reply to a probing reporter question doesn't suddenly mean they have undermined anyone or made them fair game for gossip.

This is just a whole lot of nothing. Next topic.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I said when he was appointed that SK would instill discipline and good training habits but would not take us further, he should be recognised for that. Is Brown that man, well I guess we will see.

Judging solely from the trial I think he has the team tracking OK, people are saying there is a lack of penetration on attack, but both teams were not going to reveal too much. I can't remember who but one player said he has been impressed with Brown's attacking shapes he has brought in.

As for our Halves, we know CHT and KN can do the core roles of their positions, they did it last season, they just need to build on that. Especially the passing. That is what Egan brings is excellent distribution. Against the Titans we saw a reversion at times to passing the ball to someone flat footed.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I said when he was appointed that SK would instill discipline and good training habits but would not take us further, he should be recognised for that. Is Brown that man, well I guess we will see.

Judging solely from the trial I think he has the team tracking OK, people are saying there is a lack of penetration on attack, but both teams were not going to reveal too much. I can't remember who but one player said he has been impressed with Brown's attacking shapes he has brought in.

As for our Halves, we know CHT and KN can do the core roles of their positions, they did it last season, they just need to build on that. Especially the passing. That is what Egan brings is excellent distribution. Against the Titans we saw a reversion at times to passing the ball to someone flat footed.
I think our forwards and back line will get us into the red zone more often this year with the new rules, it's all going to be on our spine to take advantage of the great field position and score points or build pressure. I think CHT has a good temperament we should expect good growth from his last two seasons, this is his time.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
. Is Brown that man, well I guess we will see.
When we were pursuing Gould I can recall him saying he would accept if a particular coach got the job. Since he did come onboard you can only assume that coach was Nathan Brown he was advocating for the job. He’s got the right temperament i reckon, in between demanding excellence and a laid back surfy demeanour.

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Maybe being a bit anxious, but... I will be looking at who is refereeing the match first, before deciding a winner... unfortunately!

Remember last year Addin Fonua-Blake playing for Manly ruffling up some feathers of the officials in a few games and you know these guys have long memories.

The refereeing honeymoon for the Warriors last year, is it over?
And are the Titans the new darlings of the NRL?

IMO there is only a couple of match officials who don't have preconceived bias Henry Perenara, Dave Munro and maybe Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski...

the Sutton's, Klein, Cummings, Atkins... Forget it!

I hope I am wrong

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Following the recent resurgence in Covid-19 transmissions in New Zealand and indications that the introduction of any Trans-Tasman travel corridor will be later than was first proposed, we’ve now agreed with the National Rugby League (NRL) leadership to extend our stay in Australia to 21 June which will ensure the continuity of the first 15 competition rounds

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Following the recent resurgence in Covid-19 transmissions in New Zealand and indications that the introduction of any Trans-Tasman travel corridor will be later than was first proposed, we’ve now agreed with the National Rugby League (NRL) leadership to extend our stay in Australia to 21 June which will ensure the continuity of the first 15 competition rounds
So interesting the wording... bit of PROPAGANDA so they don't have to refund members whose memberships rolled over...

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
5.3 Total Avg Rating
10.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 18 ratings