General 2021 Warriors Preseason

Billy Teets James

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
I'd say the decision to have 42 players in Australia was made with situations like that in mind. I'm fully expecting 3-4 of the Top 20 to be headed home at some point. If it's David and Ken again, in absolute fairness to their replacements, that doesn't to their Warriors futures any good. On the one hand, it's hard to refuse to re-sign a player because he twice returned home for family reasons, on the other, how can you overlook that player's replacement, who did a damn fine job?
They returned home to be with their new borns & partner's who are in Australia with them this time around. They won't be going home.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
They returned home to be with their new borns & partner's who are in Australia with them this time around. They won't be going home.

Not for the same reasons, no. But you never know what might crop up with families/extended families.

JP_576

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
I'd say the decision to have 42 players in Australia was made with situations like that in mind. I'm fully expecting 3-4 of the Top 20 to be headed home at some point. If it's David and Ken again, in absolute fairness to their replacements, that doesn't do their Warriors futures any good. On the one hand, it's hard to refuse to re-sign a player because he twice returned home for family reasons, on the other, how can you overlook that player's replacement, who did a damn fine job?
I don't know their mindset but I'd like think they wouldn't return. Majority of players went over knowing the circumstances and able to take family over. I hope the management had been straight up and realistic with them behind the scenes on the chances of them coming back this year.

I'm thinking the number of players over there is more incase someone has a family emergency (parent/sibling etc) in NZ and has to come back for that for an amount of time including the quarantine stays at both ends.

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'd say the decision to have 42 players in Australia was made with situations like that in mind. I'm fully expecting 3-4 of the Top 20 to be headed home at some point. If it's David and Ken again, in absolute fairness to their replacements, that doesn't do their Warriors futures any good. On the one hand, it's hard to refuse to re-sign a player because he twice returned home for family reasons, on the other, how can you overlook that player's replacement, who did a damn fine job?

In hindsight, just a shame no other hooker around.,

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I thought Pompey was pretty decent too! And Perham at centre could be alright, in the expense of Hiku who looked average! But knowing Hiku he’ll come right. Hopefully.
Much like early stages of Ken I hated pompey when he started as he was slow and uselss. I am struggling to let go of this thought but when I watch him I can't fault the guy.

Hiku is interesting to me. He can defend really well when he applies himself and gets physical. He has had long period or even full games where he has shown this. The coaches job to get him up every game (hard task for a chill guy like Hiku)

JP_576

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Yeah it's a but risky after a loss, if anyone's seen laughing we could turn against them and doubt the sincerity of their remorse.
Also from what I've seen from these on the road videos are that they're mainly raw footage from cams phone with no editing. So a lot of cuts could be taken out of context

Reactions: Worried2Death

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
5.3 Total Avg Rating
10.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 18 ratings