General 2021 Warriors Preseason

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I actually like Andrew Abdo, from the moment he was interviewed when he took the role, he has never pussy footed around hard questions and comes across as genuine and has a great love for the sport.

I think he genuinely has a great deal of respect for the warriors and the nrl, unlike some previous leaders, I hope the nrl can help fix NZRL.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I actually like Andrew Abdo, from the moment he was interviewed when he took the role, he has never pussy footed around hard questions and comes across as genuine and has a great love for the sport.

I think he genuinely has a great deal of respect for the warriors and the nrl, unlike some previous leaders, I hope the nrl can help fix NZRL.
Vlandys influence and leadership showing through and surrounding himself with the right people.

I was getting pretty disillusioned about the ‘old boys club’ and their short term/ internal focus before he started. I think these guys are setting the game up for success over the longer term.

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
brownie announcing the leadership group... RTS, AFB, Tohu, Egan, Katoa, big Ken and Egan
I was quite impressed that Ken and Eli put their hands up for the leadership group. I can see Eli a future Warriors captain for sure.

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
brownie announcing the leadership group... RTS, AFB, Tohu, Egan, Katoa, big Ken and Egan
I find it an interesting group. No halves in there, when they’re directing our team around. Two of the spine is good, and Clearly they’ve got big raps on Egan if he’s now a leader at the club. Doubt theyll make a play at smith.

JP_576

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Why ken when he went back home during the season?
Maybe because he went back for genuine reasons. He had a young under 2 toddler at home. They were offered the choice as there was no end date in sight of when they could possibly come back.
I don't know why they're being crucified for that. There's a reason RTS has been heavily praised for his sacrifice. He was well within his rights to return as per the clubs policy at the time.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
I find it an interesting group. No halves in there, when they’re directing our team around.
Thought that too but I recall CG mentioning that CHT had strong leadership qualities but they didn‘t want to add to much too soon.

To me it just reinforces what a special player Eli Katoa is, kid seems to have it all.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I can't remember the exact game last year - was possibly the one in Tamworth - but we were marginally ahead on the scoreboard and there was a thing that Katoa did that demonstrated some real maturity when it started getting a little heated between the teams. Jazz got fired up in the moment and Katoa summing up the situation grabbed him by the jersey and pulled him back. Jazz acknowledged and with that little moment you could just see how much of a team influence Katoa has for such a newcomer.

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 1, 2015
Maybe because he went back for genuine reasons. He had a young under 2 toddler at home. They were offered the choice as there was no end date in sight of when they could possibly come back.
I don't know why they're being crucified for that. There's a reason RTS has been heavily praised for his sacrifice. He was well within his rights to return as per the clubs policy at the time.
Dont mind me. Im guilty of that. I do know family comes first. Im just being a selfish sookie lala cause i wanted all our boys to stay last year 😔

Last edited:

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Anyone heard about when katoa was at a trial they left the changing room a mess and everyone went to have a feed katoa cleaned up the changing room, no one asked him to do it and then had his dinner.

That kids been bought up right. Could be a club great! Hopefully doesn’t let these niggling injuries he’s been having get the best of him!

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings