1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
What's wrong with the following:
1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Hiku
4. Aitken
5. Ken
What's wrong with it is that Hiku was statistically the worst defensive centre in the comp last year at 3.4 missed tackles per game over a large sample size of 18 games.

You don't win comps with players like him as your first choice to put it bluntly.

IMO a lot is riding on the development of Pompey and Hayze this offseason.

Jaffa J

Warriors Bench Player
Feb 22, 2020
Give Hiku the first 5 games to start if he's not upto standard then put Pompey in if he continues his play from the second half of last season then I don't see anyone replacing him

The biggest reason I'd have Hiku in the lineup is because I think he'll play a big role in Fusitua returning to form especially if the 2018 right edge is back

I hope Hiku can put in some consistent performances this season

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Give Hiku the first 5 games to start if he's not upto standard then put Pompey in if he continues his play from the second half of last season then I don't see anyone replacing him

The biggest reason I'd have Hiku in the lineup is because I think he'll play a big role in Fusitua returning to form especially if the 2018 right edge is back

I hope Hiku can put in some consistent performances this season

I reckon Pompey is heavilly overated. I would be suprised if he makes the team anywhere without being injury forced

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I reckon Pompey is heavilly overated. I would be suprised if he makes the team anywhere without being injury forced
After a very ordinary start, he was definitely in the conversation for our best outside back in the last 4 - 5 games of the season after he moved to the wing. Has good potential at his size, especially on the defensive end. If he continues on that trajectory he will be in the starting line up.

Reactions: manunonu and Rizzah

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
After a very ordinary start, he was definitely in the conversation for our best outside back in the last 4 - 5 games of the season after he moved to the wing. Has good potential at his size, especially on the defensive end. If he continues on that trajectory he will be in the starting line up.

It was very much a patchwork team he 'shined' in. Too slow for me

Reactions: wizards rage

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Love it. Team in the white strip looks to be the team for round 1 at the moment. I’m thinking
1.RTS
2.Montoya
3.Fusitua
4.Aitken(or vice versa)
5.Ken
6.Nikorima
7.CHT
8.AFB
9.Egan
10.JTB
11.Katoa
12.BMM(or vice versa)
13.Tohu
Interchange
Ah Mau
Evans(battling JTB to start)
Jazz
Sironen
Ken looking leaner and fitter too
Must say I quite like the look of that line up.
Usually around this time of year I’m looking at the other predicted line ups with envy but I reckon quite a few of those mid table type teams (manly, sharks, tigers etc) are looking a bit weaker than last year.
You have those top sides- storm, roosters, bunnies etc who will be up there but that bottom half of the 8 is looking wide open and out of the sides who missed the 8 id say us and the titans have made the most improvement so that first round game is gonna be very interesting and could be a very important 2 points come the end of the regular season.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I wouldnt get too stressed, he will be, and should be, trying different combinations at this time. What it does seem to mean is that we have mulriple players showing the desire and ability to fill positions. Competition is good.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings