General 2021 Warriors Preseason

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
If they move to reducing interchanges, I worry that this move to big is gonna bite the warriors in the arse
I posted in another thread, there was an interview with Nathan Brown, who said Melbourne won the comp last year with one of the biggest packs. He didn’t seem to think the game speeding up will be an issue for bigger packs.

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 1, 2015
I posted in another thread, there was an interview with Nathan Brown, who said Melbourne won the comp last year with one of the biggest packs. He didn’t seem to think the game speeding up will be an issue for bigger packs.
Yes melbourne pack in 2020 was huge n they looked fine n fit. Oh and who else had a big pack? Canberra n they seem to not have a problem either with the speed of the game. Everyone assumes bigger packs will struggle. 🤔

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Yeh pic 41 is taniela otukolo, unsure what picture I was looking at.
Agreed with Sebastyan Jack, havnt seen anything to think he’s anything special. Obviously POS has seen something. William Fakatoumafi is a bit of a forgotten man. Slipped through the cracks of being too young for the last year of under 20s and too old for SG ball. I think the last time I saw him play was when he scored a try for the Tongan 9s team
Yeah I remember Fakatoumafi’s few U20 games, made a lot of errors, but was impressive for Southern Cross Campus before that. To me he highlights why we should only be signing outside backs from first XV ranks. Fakatoumafi was probably the top outside back in the country in high school rugby league in his last couple years but the difference in talent between him and Viliami Vailea or Rocco Berry is night and day.

Thinking back to the NZ U18 schools vs club game last year, I’m even more confused how Sebastyan Jack got the preseason call up. He was terrible. In POS we trust.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
It’s funny Brown said that Melbourne won with a heavy pack. They also had the fastest back 3 too. We probably have the slowest.
Good point. Its all about balance. Melbourne had the speed to take advantage of any opportunities their pack created. For us it might be in other areas, Nikorima speed over a short distances or RTS with his agility/stepping.

Hopefully with the new rules we get teams thinking about how they will take advantage of them with some going for a big pack, others for mobility wanting to be fit enough to soak up repeated sets, or teams looking for speed.

It would be good seeing different styles of play across the competition.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
If they move to reducing interchanges, I worry that this move to big is gonna bite the warriors in the arse

I think the narrative is that the six-again rule change has put any interchange reduction on the backburner for a couple of seasons at least, as the rule has upped the fatigue factor.

The Aussie commentators will be loving this move by the Warriors - they'll be able to keep using the "huugge Warriors forward pack!" cliche and be right about it for once.

I'm taking Brown's point that the Storm pack is hardly small and they survived okay last season and suspect at worst this might firm up any ideas of making Egan an 80 minute man. Tevaga interchanges lock/forward, not hooker.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings