General 2021 team prediction (9 Viewers)

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Reactions: Off The Bench

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
If he gets a full preseason training in that position I'd like to see Kodi at 9, I think he has a lot to offer with his speed, kicking and ball playing ability. Defence may need attention but I think the pros outweigh the cons. Darting outta dummy half catching out tiring defenders. Could be the 80 minute hooker we're looking for?

That way we get to see what Haze or Paul can do given the opportunity.

Won't happen though.
I feel the most important attributes for a hooker are in this order:

1 - game awareness
2 - passing ability
3 - defence
4 - a darting run
5 - a kicking game
6 - an 80 minute game

To me, Egan ticks all the more important boxes. Kodi ticks the lower boxes.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
1.RTS
2.Fusitua
3.Hiku
4.Aitken
5.Maumalo

6.Kodi
7.Chanel

8.Evans
9.Lawton/Egan
10.AFB
11.Katoa
12.Harris
13.Jazz

14.JTB
15.Hetherington
16.LAM
17.BMM

18.Lawton/Egan

19.Pompey
20.Hayze
21.someone

Gone I think are Paasi,Bunty,Papalii,Burr,Herbert and hopefully Blair takes the off field option.

Lots of depth in the forwards..... I mean you could afford to leave JTB out or Evans...
Just wish Toddy stayed. B r ownie better make something happen.
I like the idea of a 80 min DH, but could either of these two be affective for 80? I'm not so sure. The other option would be to make jazz fill in when needed at DH?

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

How bottom eight teams are aiming to improve in 2021

Brad Walter
NRL.com Senior Reporter

Addin Fonua-Blake and Jack Hetherington could form a new-look front row for the Warriors next season if former New Zealand captain Adam Blair decides that Sunday’s match against Manly is his last for the club.

Blair has an option in his contract for another season with the Warriors but is yet to advise the club whether he intends to play on in 2021 or will bow out at Central Coast Stadium as the longest-serving Kiwi player in premiership history, with 331 NRL appearances.

The former Storm, Tigers and Broncos forward is reportedly considering an off-field role with the Warriors, which would pave the way for incoming coach Nathan Brown to sign both Fonua-Blake and Hetherington for next season.

Despite doubts about whether they will again be based in Australia next season or can play out of Auckland, the Warriors have been the most active club in the transfer market and are set to field a vastly stronger line-up in 2021 than the one which won the hearts of fans on both sides of the Tasman.

The Warriors are also one of five clubs outside the top eight to have decided to change coaches in a bid to improve their finals hopes for next season but a look at player movement across the NRL suggests most will need to do so with similar rosters.

Fonua-Blake is poised to become the next big name to switch clubs and is expected to decide his future within days after requesting a release from the remaining two years of his Manly deal, with the Warriors favourites to sign the Tongan prop.

Hetherington has also received permission from Penrith to negotiate with rival clubs and the Warriors are keen to secure his services on a permanent basis after an impressive six-match loan stint earlier in the season.

New Zealand Warriors

Coach: Nathan Brown.

Contracted players: Euan Aitken, Bunty Afoa, Leeson Ah Mau, Josh Curran, Wayde Egan, Kane Evans, Jackson Frei, David Fusitua, Tohu Harris, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Peta Hiku, Eliesa Katoa, Karl Lawton, Ken Maumalo, Jack Murchie, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Kodi Nikorima, Agnatius Paasi, Hayze Perham, Adam Pompey, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Jazz Tevaga, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

With New Zealand Test prop Leeson Ah Mau having missed the Warriors' entire campaign since the season was rebooted on May 28 after suffering a pectoral muscle injury at training in Tamworth, Brown will already have improved forward depth at his disposal next year.

Tonga second-rower Ben Murdoch-Masila will join the club from Warrington, along with Parramatta and Fiji front-rower Kane Evans and St George Illawarra centre Euan Aitken.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I hope Sione Moala is awarded a development spot
I’ve heard he’s already signed one.

4 definite open spots with Turner, Berry and Ale moving up to top 30 and Ravutaumada off contract. Ravu still could be re-signed on development contract. Not sure what’s happening with Slade and Ogden, but assuming both would stay on development deals as they are still contracted to them for next year.

CHURCUZ

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 18, 2017
I feel the most important attributes for a hooker are in this order:

1 - game awareness
2 - passing ability
3 - defence
4 - a darting run
5 - a kicking game
6 - an 80 minute game

To me, Egan ticks all the more important boxes. Kodi ticks the lower boxes.
Hence the reason it 'won't happen though'. Just a thought to get Kodi out of the halves.
That's a meke line-up!

Love that halves pairing opposed to Kodi & Chanel. Kodi's been used as utility in the past and has done a good job. The more game time Paul gets the better. Can't help but feel Jazz will be there somewhere though, errors and all.

Last edited:

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Fusitua and Maumalo have physical advantages but are under pressure from all the young guns, that is good.

Hiku will not be starting unless he fixes his defence, up till now there hasn't been much competition, now there is. Same as Aitken with distribution.

Happy with the halves, they have to learn to play directly and I wouldn't mind a cheap journeyman in there.

Hooker, The two we have are good, will need a bit more depth

Middles, throw some raw meat onto the field and open the cage.

CHURCUZ

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 18, 2017
Fusitua and Maumalo have physical advantages but are under pressure from all the young guns, that is good.

Hiku will not be starting unless he fixes his defence, up till now there hasn't been much competition, now there is. Same as Aitken with distribution.

Happy with the halves, they have to learn to play directly and I wouldn't mind a cheap journeyman in there.

Hooker, The two we have are good, will need a bit more depth

Middles, throw some raw meat onto the field and open the cage.
Cheap journeyman, like say... Benji???

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I think next year we have:
Top 4 forward pack
Top 8 backs
9-12th Spine
Top 4 reserves

This is mostly a young team that will peak in another 2/3 years. Let the young guys grow and a couple of astute upgrades each year and we could be real contenders.

The key is Egan, CHT and Nikorima continuing to develop to really mix it with the top teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 3)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings