Internationals 2021 Rugby League World Cup

We all know if the Cowboys make the GF they give him a grade 1 and $$ fine so he is free to play.

But instead.. the NRL get an easy way out.

It always grinds my gears that the Aussie based NRL match review committee/judiciary who are as incompetent as fuck, gets to determine who can and can’t play for their country in an international competition.

We all know if the Cowboys make the GF they give him a grade 1 and $$ fine so he is free to play.

But instead.. the NRL get an easy way out.

It always grinds my gears that the Aussie based NRL match review committee/judiciary who are as incompetent as fuck, gets to determine who can and can’t play for their country in an international competition.
Absolutely 100% agree. It makes no sense that the review panel of a domestic competition has the power to suspend players of their direct competitors in a separate international competition. It's just completely crooked. Like, they're not going to suspend any Aussie rep players in the lead up to a WC are they?

Absolutely 100% agree. It makes no sense that the review panel of a domestic competition has the power to suspend players of their direct competitors in a separate international competition. It's just completely crooked. Like, they're not going to suspend any Aussie rep players in the lead up to a WC are they?
This seriously needs to be taken to court etc. we shouldn’t have a domestic competition infringing upon a international competition. To counter it I book say 3 friendlies before a tournament and try and knock out a chunk of fines that way. The system is screwed and is too aussie dominated. Watch this. Fischer Harris or another kiwi will get 6 weeks. Bet you

Nah they defer suspensions until the start of the next season for some… either corrupt or just incompetent

Australia played PNG in the Prime Minister's Invitational, the score was 64-14, PNG put in some big hits, good game to watch even though it was a blowout.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death

Toa Samoa World Cup Squad

• Josh Aloiai (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Fa'amanu Brown (Wests Tigers)
  • Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
  • Mathew Feagai (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
  • Braden Hamlin-Uele (Cronulla Sharks)
  • Chanel Harris-Tavita (Warriors)
  • Royce Hunt (Cronulla Sharks)
  • Oregon Kaufusi (Parramatta Eels)
  • Luciano Leilua (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Spencer Leniu (Penrith Panthers)
  • Danny Levi (Huddersfield Giants)
  • Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
  • Taylan May (Penrith Panthers)
  • Tyrone May (Catalans Dragons)
  • Anthony Milford (Newcastle Knights)
  • Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
  • Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
  • Jaydn Su’a (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
  • Joseph Suaalii (Sydney Roosters)
  • Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Izack Tago (Penrith Panthers)
  • Martin Taupau (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
  • Kelma Tuilagi (Wests Tigers)

Said it before, but I am really excited to see what Samoa can do this year.
I would probably move Tago into the second row to add some strike to the back row and squeeze the Hammer into the squad.
Not sure how Danny Levi has been going in England but I would have him starting, with Fa'amanu Brown on the bench for his versatility- if Levi hasn't been going all that well then I would start Brown with Tyrone May at 14 instead.

1. Sua'ali'i
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Tabuai-Fidow
5. May
6. Luai
7. Milford
8. Papali'i
9. Levi
10. Paulo
11. Leilua
12. Tago
13. Aloiai
14. Brown
15. Leniu
16. Taupau
17. Su'A
18. Harris-Tavita

I would probably move Tago into the second row to add some strike to the back row and squeeze the Hammer into the squad.
Not sure how Danny Levi has been going in England but I would have him starting, with Fa'amanu Brown on the bench for his versatility- if Levi hasn't been going all that well then I would start Brown with Tyrone May at 14 instead.

1. Sua'ali'i
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Tabuai-Fidow
5. May
6. Luai
7. Milford
8. Papali'i
9. Levi
10. Paulo
11. Leilua
12. Tago
13. Aloiai
14. Brown
15. Leniu
16. Taupau
17. Su'A
18. Harris-Tavita
Great team, question moving Tago only because I feel they need workers in the forwards. Leilua doesn’t have the greatest engine, neither do many others in that starting pack so I’d be tempted to keep Su’a in there for his defensive work and 1% and bring someone like Tago off the bench.

1. Sua'ali'i
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Tabuai-Fidow
5. May
6. Luai
7. Milford
8. Papali'i
9. Levi
10. Paulo
11. Leilua
12. Tago
13. Aloiai
14. Brown
15. Leniu
16. Taupau
17. Su'A
18. Harris-Tavita
Tago will go well with to’o. Leave him there

Reactions: Defence and Paulo24
Tago will go well with to’o. Leave him there
Does Tago not play inside of May, and Crichton is inside of To'o? I think you can keep his link going with May (or To'o) if he was at second row on the same edge, not to the same extent of course though.

Su'A would probably be a better bet though as mentioned by Paulo24 Paulo24, especially coming up against Englands forward pack in round 1- I just want to get Tabuai-Fidow in there somehow.

Slim chance now but hopefully Nanai somehow makes his way into the Samoan squad instead of Aussie.
I wonder who BH-U will play for since he's been picked for both
I think you can only take 26 players in your squad and Samoa has named just that, whereas the Kiwis named in our 34 man squad - may be a good indication that he will be cut from the team and will opt for Samoa instead.

I can't see him playing more than a game off the bench against Jamaica if he went with NZ anyway.

1. Sua'ali'i
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Tabuai-Fidow
5. May
6. Luai
7. Milford
8. Papali'i
9. Levi
10. Paulo
11. Leilua
12. Tago
13. Aloiai
14. Brown
15. Leniu
16. Taupau
17. Su'A
18. Harris-Tavita
Close to what I'd pick.

I did think about Tago to the 2nd row to bring Tabuai-Fidow into the line-up, but I probably wouldn't try it in the first game against England because I don't think Samoa have a warm-up game, so keeping some known combinations might be best for such a crucial match.

Disappointed they missed out on Nanai. Would've given them a very potent two sided attack.

Surprised that Nofoaluma missed the cut.

Close to what I'd pick.

I did think about Tago to the 2nd row to bring Tabuai-Fidow into the line-up, but I probably wouldn't try it in the first game against England because I don't think Samoa have a warm-up game, so keeping some known combinations might be best for such a crucial match.

Disappointed they missed out on Nanai. Would've given them a very potent two sided attack.

Surprised that Nofoaluma missed the cut.
Thought Nanai was still considering Samoa.