• C

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • F---

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
It's tough eh!! What ir does say tho is we love our club.... Very passionate warriors supporters! And we all want the same thing.. Warriors to win. I think some of the advice on here is good.. Stay away from the forum for 24 hrs or so after a loss... Don't know about you but I was pretty bummed out after Fridays loss. And man I don't have anything against Chanel Harris-Tavita.. I just want us to win
Yea Friday hurt a lot. Especially the 8 hour round trip I did to watch it!
We have had the same team issue for a few weeks now. Can score points but can't defend mistakes or wrestle momentum back (quickly). People will call out player x for dropping it or throwing a bad pass but at the end of the day that happens to all teams all the time. People notice it more if you then give up points after it which we are doing often.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
The field goal was poor but its CHTs general kicking that worries me more. We really need a half that has a long kick, especially when the props are pumping out the crap meters they are right now. But even when Addin Fonua-Blake gets back there will be times when u can't get out of ur half and u need a long kick and we don't have it. If Chanel Harris-Tavita is going to be our half he needs to get this and fast, he doesn't have enough other skills that make up for his lack of kicking game.

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
The field goal was poor but its CHTs general kicking that worries me more. We really need a half that has a long kick, especially when the props are pumping out the crap meters they are right now. But even when Addin Fonua-Blake gets back there will be times when u can't get out of ur half and u need a long kick and we don't have it. If Chanel Harris-Tavita is going to be our half he needs to get this and fast, he doesn't have enough other skills that make up for his lack of kicking game.
Let Walsh kick on the last, doesn’t have to chase ad he’s fullback

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Probably not a popular opinion here but Sean O'Sullivan for my mind has a far superior kicking and organising game to Chanel Harris-Tavita (not saying much?) and would gain us back that crucial field position on the back of our mediocre slog up the middle. He hasn’t been playing and the team still defends like shit anyway, which has been his greatest criticism in the games he’s played.

I want to see more repeat sets and some deep effin kicking again and not the opposition running it back 35 meters out on every set!

It honestly worries me that they are investing Chanel Harris-Tavita as “the future” when as a half he ticks almost none of the boxes required except defence?

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I agree we definitely need a hakf with a long kicking game, I don't think it can be developed/trained. Every team has one (but not normally both) Cleary, DCE, Munster, Wighton etc. Ours could be Walsh if we we choose (even from fullback). I don't think it matters what position but you do need one.

Reactions: zaggo and HoRneT041

Wigan Warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 23, 2012
Wigan, England
No issue with the bunker checking the kick off. It was the same play and could have put us 40 out had it gone our way.

Poor game management lost the game. 28-22 ahead and we had a chance at taking 2 or 1 and turned both down. Chanel Harris-Tavita kicking to touch is fine, but not when you put it 25 out. It should have gone towards the cornerflag.

The drop goal attempt at the end was schoolboy. Took too many drives, never really looked set and then missed a sitter. Holmes smacks one over from 40 yard that could have ended up going over from 60 out. (One little thing....I did think you were supposed to kick the ball as it hit the floor though and not on the volley as it bounces back up. Is that not then a knock on?)

Disappointing loss in all honesty after working so hard to get ahead.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
No issue with the bunker checking the kick off. It was the same play and could have put us 40 out had it gone our way.

Poor game management lost the game. 28-22 ahead and we had a chance at taking 2 or 1 and turned both down. Chanel Harris-Tavita kicking to touch is fine, but not when you put it 25 out. It should have gone towards the cornerflag.

The drop goal attempt at the end was schoolboy. Took too many drives, never really looked set and then missed a sitter. Holmes smacks one over from 40 yard that could have ended up going over from 60 out. (One little thing....I did think you were supposed to kick the ball as it hit the floor though and not on the volley as it bounces back up. Is that not then a knock on?)

Disappointing loss in all honesty after working so hard to get ahead.
No

No knock ons from your feet. All good for whenever you contact the ball as long as it hits the ground first.

Edit I understand your question now having thought about it. You can essentially throw the ball in front of you out of your hands as long as you kick it soon afterwards.
Ideally you drop it straight down for a drop kick but by convention no one cares and you are allowed to propel it forward from your hands with a drop kick. They turn a blind eye. Good question !!!!!!!

Yowieman

I have said on here before why not while in OZ get a ex AFL player /coach to give our guys some kicking lessons.Plenty of those guys around & while I understand the balls are a slightly different shape the basics are the same. AFL players are far better kickers both distance/height & accuracy.Worth a shot
I been thinking and saying that since the Warriors entered the competition. Warriors have never had a decent kicking game and you just have to have one to be competitive these days.

Wigan Warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 23, 2012
Wigan, England
No

No knock ons from your feet. All good for whenever you contact the ball as long as it hits the ground first.

Edit I understand your question now having thought about it. You can essentially throw the ball in front of you out of your hands as long as you kick it soon afterwards.
Ideally you drop it straight down for a drop kick but by convention no one cares and you are allowed to propel it forward from your hands with a drop kick. They turn a blind eye. Good question !!!!!!!
My understanding of the interpretation is that it isn't a knock on because you connect with your foot at the point it hits the floor. That's what makes it a difficult kick to execute.

Holmes basically volleyed the ball over the posts but bounced it first.

Reactions: Tragic

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
My understanding of the interpretation is that it isn't a knock on because you connect with your foot at the point it hits the floor. That's what makes it a difficult kick to execute.

Holmes basically volleyed the ball over the posts but bounced it first.
I have never seen anyone pinged for kicking the ball too late. Have you?

Wigan Warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 23, 2012
Wigan, England
I have never seen anyone pinged for kicking the ball too late. Have you?

No I haven't and I doubt I ever will. I have seen players penalised that have dropped the ball and kicked out at it after it's bounced which is essentially what he did. No wonder it continued to rise. Does it not matter because his intent was a drop goal? In which case every player should just volley it

As I said, from my understanding of the rule that wasn't a drop goal.

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
Na that doesn't matter, he is strong defensively and is the future of the club !

• Haha
Reactions: zaggo

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
With all the talk of the desperate need of someone with a massive boot, does anyone know why our halves almost exclusively seem to be so poor in this area?

Chanel Harris-Tavita, Greeny, Niko, Lino, Hingano, even Shaun Johnson when he was kicking for touch on penalties wouldn't get more than 20m most of the time.

Other teams all seem to have at least one bloke who can put in an enormous torpedo for their chasers to attack, or who can boot it from their own 20 way down the other end, whereas our halves look like they're playing force-back at a family BBQ.

Didn't someone on here try and say it was because they all had tight hamstrings or some other far-fetched reason...?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings