General 2020 WILL THE WARRIORS MAKE THE TOP 8?

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
I know we have had had a rough start .But with our Backline coming back from injury
An Roach ,Jazz etc rejoining the players ranks ..A couple of doable games coming up
A new coach .Is it possible that we make the finals.
I'm feeling pretty optimistic .I don't know if it's possible on the leaderboard but I can see us getting a couple of wins in a row

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Whoa haven't seen one of these threads for a while!

I think we are a bottom 8 (9-13) team, if we did magically make the 8 I would expect us to be knocked out in the first round.

We are competitive with the other bottom 8 teams, but you can really see the gap when we play the likes of Roosters, Canberra, Storm.

On our run in, I tried to remain optimistic but other teams like the Panthers, Knights, Eels and Sharks are all hitting some form.

Titans: W
Sharks: Tight W
Roosters: L
Tigers: Tight W
Sea Eagles: Tight W
Panthers: L
Knights: L
Eels: L
Sharks: L
Raiders: L
Sea Eagles: L

This would put us on a record of Wins: 7 and Losses: 12 and would be around 12 - 16th

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Whoa haven't seen one of these threads for a while!

I think we are a bottom 8 (9-13) team, if we did magically make the 8 I would expect us to be knocked out in the first round.

We are competitive with the other bottom 8 teams, but you can really see the gap when we play the likes of Roosters, Canberra, Storm.

On our run in, I tried to remain optimistic but other teams like the Panthers, Knights, Eels and Sharks are all hitting some form.

Titans: W
Sharks: Tight W
Roosters: L
Tigers: Tight W
Sea Eagles: Tight W
Panthers: L
Knights: L
Eels: L
Sharks: L
Raiders: L
Sea Eagles: L

This would put us on a record of Wins: 7 and Losses: 12 and would be around 12 - 16th
Tough last 7 games. Can see us losing them all for another traditional late season run.

It will be good to get a few wins over the next few weeks to pull clear of the spoon zone and hope we can stay there.

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
Let's be realistic, this is not a top 8 team, unless some of the teams between us and the top 8 have some serious form slumps.

In my opinion being in camp should make
them more focused and playing to the peak of their abilities. I think that could have been a deciding factor with SK being shown the door.

There are now issues of mental health and the sustainability of effort to maintain top performance. I feel management are using the carrot and stick philosophy to show the path way forward.

Payten has literally been thrown under the bus as I see it, basically a no win unless he avoids the spoon and can chip away with some more wins.

If he against all odds got us into the 8 that could make some interesting viewing.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
We've got one of the toughest draws - only the Titans and fucking Manly and the dogs outside the eight, and fucking Manly are our bogey side. Compare that to the Sharkies who have 6 games against bottom eight sides and it will be really tough to sneak in. Realistically we have to win those games as well as the fringe 8 sides, so both games against the Sharks, plus the raiders and Tigers at least.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Zero chance. We aren’t even close to being competitive against any team north of 11th on the ladder. Normally the NRL is a fairly even comp where any team is a chance of winning on the day, however this year is different and we’re firmly entrenched in the ‘have nots’ grouping of teams.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I asked this question just after SK was sacked. How do people feel about his sacking if the warriors make it to the GF with a SK built team and a SK game model.
I know making the 8 isnt the same thing but essentially everyone whos there now is his. They were putting in under his care, they were unlucky a few times, and for some reason the warriors bias in reffing has become even more evident.
This shake up with sacking him maybe the best thing ever to show he knew what he was doing. All the players are now on notice that results count. that they cant afford to drop lip anymore. So while Payten blamed the ref for getting SK sacked maybe it was what was required to get the best out of the team and this will motivate them from effort to great effort in every game.

If they can do this I see them in the 8, how deep into finals. Ill take a stab at 1 win maybe 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings