Recruitment 2020 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Lolohea was an attitude problem. You really telling me he wasn't first grade material? All people are saying is let's play our players not other teams. Some posters seem to completely over react over others OPINIONS

Ah the Lolohea debate - given a chance and couldn’t handle it so was dropped..

went sulking to uncle Cleary at the Tigers, given a starting role and still couldn’t handle it.... dropped..

so yes, he is wasn’t FG material....

Too many of our youngsters are like him - - feel entitled because they have no competition and led to believe they are better than they really are..

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Ah the Lolohea debate - given a chance and couldn’t handle it so was dropped..

went sulking to uncle Cleary at the Tigers, given a starting role and still couldn’t handle it.... dropped..

so yes, he is wasn’t FG material....

Too many of our youngsters are like him - - feel entitled because they have no competition here and led to believe they are better than they really are..
I think he chucked his toys when SK put him on the wing Lol

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Lolohea was an attitude problem. You really telling me he wasn't first grade material? All people are saying is let's play our players not other teams. Some posters seem to completely over react over others OPINIONS
Cool then state them as OPINIONS rather than as facts.

Some posters seem to completely overestimate their ability to draw logical conclusions.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
Both 100% required. Those 3 players have done sweet FA. You guys are living in fkn dreamland if you think starting 3 rookies at once is a great idea.
They've done fuck all because we've given them no oppurtunites.

Why not start them at once? Or is Jennings & Alvaro going to propel us into play off contention with their nek level skills?

I'll answer that for you. FUCK NO!
Nothing to lose brother. Our season is fucked. Might as well give then game time now. They might not get a chance to show us what they can do next year with a full squad available.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
They've done fuck all because we've given them no oppurtunites.

Why not start them at once? Or is Jennings & Alvaro going to propel us into play off contention with their nek level skills?

I'll answer that for you. FUCK NO!
Nothing to lose brother. Our season is fucked. Might as well give then game time now. They might not get a chance to show us what they can do next year with a full squad available.
Nothing to lose is the stupidest argument going. There's everything to lose.
Like every fucking game
The respect of fans
The integrity of the game
The morale of the players

Lose enough and we get our first spoon...

Some posters here need to spend some time around militaries to understand how important morale is.

Morale is why the Broncos are losing every game and why we beat the Tigers.
It's why Fafita left to join the Titans of all fkn clubs.

FK with that and next we could see Tohu, RTS and Katoa all ask for releases.
But yeah nothing to lose mate.

Ohh and we have given them opportunities. CHT is still doing fk all. King V dropped the ball and infringed a couple of times every game. AFAICR Perham did sweet FA when he debuted to. In comparison, Staines has scored 6 tries in 85mins of football for the Panthers. 😂

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
Like every fucking game
The respect of fans

Some posters here need to spend some time around militaries to understand how important morale is.

Ohh and we have given them opportunities. CHT is still doing fk all. King V dropped the ball and infringed a couple of times every game. AFAICR Perham did sweet FA when he debuted to. In comparison, Staines has scored 6 tries in 85mins of football for the Panthers. 😂
Fuck you need a wank. So uptight mate 😂
Tohu & Katoa released? Nothing to lose? Who even says that? Lol.
Tell me what the fuck we lose playing them over the cu**s we brought in ?
What have you seen EVER from Jennings that suggest he is 10x better than hayze?

I remember being a fan of Katoa from a few videos I had seen.
But some on the forum(You were probably one of them) moaning about him being another oversized poly who bullied kids ar high school level but wont handle nrl level. And has only played reggies!!?

Well guess what. They gave him a chance and he killed this bitch.
Who would of thought this kid would have the engine and the skills to do what he is doing now?

From What I've seen of Ale he has the skills and power to do be a great player.

Can't judge these kids on 3 or 4 first grade appearances off the bench.

That's dumb.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
Like every fucking game
The respect of fans

And I'm not a fan of Hayze. Yet.

Wananga Kingi

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2020
Here's Junior's highlight reel against other youngsters.

Ken is signed through 2022 and David through to 2023 so maybe we do need to either convert David to centre or Ken to back row. Either way this kid is has super star written on him. He's ours on our books just need to select him.

I agree we shouldn’t have 2 battering ram slowish wingers. I think Maumalo should stay and maybe Ratuva on the other. Not sure what to do with Fuss. Has had a bad attitude ever since he pretty much lost us the game against Penrith last year.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Attitude issues aside I've said several times that Hayze will end up like Lolohea. Moved around to so many positions that he never gets a chance to settle into one.

I still feel that way, BUT considering we have to pay overs for any talent if we found ourselves having to choose between playing Beale (won't be here next year, average player) versus Perham (complete unknown) I'd be giving Perham the nod.

If he's not good enough he's not good enough, but I'd rather know for sure before we go out and spend 400-500k on another Beale level outside back to plug a hole that may have had a cheaper in house solution.

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
Fuck you need a wank. So uptight mate 😂
Tohu & Katoa released? Nothing to lose? Who even says that? Lol.
Tell me what the fuck we lose playing them over the cu**s we brought in ?
What have you seen EVER from Jennings that suggest he is 10x better than hayze?

I remember being a fan of Katoa from a few videos I had seen.
But some on the forum(You were probably one of them) moaning about him being another oversized poly who bullied kids ar high school level but wont handle nrl level. And has only played reggies!!?

Well guess what. They gave him a chance and he killed this bitch.
Who would of thought this kid would have the engine and the skills to do what he is doing now?

From What I've seen of Ale he has the skills and power to do be a great player.

Can't judge these kids on 3 or 4 first grade appearances off the bench.

That's dumb.
F you too, f me an ,f every other poster on here lol
The boys are arguing it's all good .They will sort it out
Both posters have legitimate points of view .

Nothing to lose was a comment made a few posts back .So Frank
Was replying to that..
From a cohesion an team dynamics point of view an yes we could have players quit.
Or give up caring .Moral is so important .It's the reason the roosters didn't put 50 points on us last week.

Payton said he gave Jennings an Alviro a simple game plan .
Alviro was to hold the Defensive line in the middle an make runs with quick play the balls . Jennings was basically to defend an anything else was a bonus.
We won so it worked.
Katoa is great an I myself would have been one of the naysayers on that .
Flat track bullies is one of my favorite arguments .
But it's his brain that is making his transition smooth.
I'm stoked with JTB he will get better .He's had a huge year for a rookie
An probably feeling it by now .He's been thrown in the deep end.
Ale may or may not get a shot .If we sign JDB or Heathrington there is just not
Going to be room in the roster .

Rick O'Shay

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2013
I'm sure that when Toddy got the gig there would have been a sit down with the owners to get a perspective on where they thought the club should head for the rest of the season.

Results are important in any club but probably more so in ours due to the shit years we've had playing the process. The club needs to restore pride, build up some mana and get results. Only way to do this is by winning.

Payten has been around these juniors for a few years now so is obviously aware of skills, talent etc as his previous gigs all involved junior sides and he was pretty successful at it. I think we will see our juniors coming through if they're good enough because it's in his DNA. However, at the moment, winning is the most important factor in the club's rebuild.

The other thing to consider with the loan players is that we have no idea who we are going to get and maybe that's a ploy to uncover players like mad Jack, bring them into our system and hope they like it enough to switch over. Not a bad idea based on how difficult it is to recruit anyone to us. Sure these guys aren't top flight NRL players but they are experienced and have some clues around systems and doing their job.
I have no idea what the terms and conditions are for loan players but I'm sure we won't get them to just take part in opposed sessions or sit on the sideline during games.

The look on Jenning's face when Hiku scored said it all to me. The guy was part of the team and wanted to be there.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
I can see the argument from both sides. It is important to blood youth for the future and we are not going to win anything this year so why not. The win now mentality backfires when you end up with players on high wages well past their prime like Blair, Green and Beale.

On the other hand Payton’s got a coaching job to win and morale is crucial given we are stuck overseas all season. If Ale and Hayze can’t beat Burr and Pompey into the team are they really first grade material?

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Have you not watched warriors players turning to shit in this team .?
Why can a player who can do his job in another team come here an slowly turn to shit
It's not lack of game time..
It's that they have overcompensate to cover other players
Not up to standard .
Why does RTS score more tries at the roosters .an now barely scores at all
Because he has to do someone else's job as well as his

Other teams blood rookies one or two at a time .an have a higher success
Because they make it simple for them .You do your job an you can trust you're team mate to do his job.
I just think its a very pessimistic view to take. I don't think you can just assume that a player is going to go backwards with first grade experience. CHT has slightly regressed this year (still needs more game time) but mentioning players like Tui Lolohea (who I have always said was a shit prospect even in U20's) isn't really a fair comparison.

Nobody here is claiming Turner to be the next SJ, as someone mentioned. But giving Turner game time now, will mean that he's a more viable depth option next year.

Its often said that you don't really have an impact at first grade level until you have 40 games NRL experience (apart from the outliers). This is a wasted season and a perfect opportunity to get a few of those games under the belt.

I think the only healthy young guys over there at the moment are Ale, Perham and Turner. So it still wouldn't be a team full of rookies.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I just think its a very pessimistic view to take. I don't think you can just assume that a player is going to go backwards with first grade experience. CHT has slightly regressed this year (still needs more game time) but mentioning players like Tui Lolohea (who I have always said was a shit prospect even in U20's) isn't really a fair comparison.

Nobody here is claiming Turner to be the next SJ, as someone mentioned. But giving Turner game time now, will mean that he's a more viable depth option next year.

Its often said that you don't really have an impact at first grade level until you have 40 games NRL experience (apart from the outliers). This is a wasted season and a perfect opportunity to get a few of those games under the belt.

I think the only healthy young guys over there at the moment are Ale, Perham and Turner. So it still wouldn't be a team full of rookies.
While I don't disagree with the reasoning of what you say, I'm comfortable with them making the decisions they are. I believe with the speed Katoa was promoted to the first grade squad and game time he has been given and deservedly so, they recognised he was ready for the step up. I think Ale may not be quite there, and Hayze to me, hasn't quite grabbed his couple of opportunities. I still can't see his best position. It sounds like Turner is going to get a shot soon, but potentially at centre. CHT is developing nicely but slowly and his body is taking shape, seems to enjoy the physicality more than most halves, could mean lots of injuries, think that's how he picked one up in the roosters game and his previous shoulder injury was from a hit that went bad.

Upcoming Match

Wests Tigers Sydney Cricket Ground Rate Match

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings