General 2020 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise thread

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2014
Oh mate, as much as I would love to cheer ya up, I just can't let any details go. I can say though we have worked very hard on keeping the brand identity strong and have only made adjustments and improvements.
No worries mate that’s just enough hope to bring a smile to us all :)

long live the OG colours!

Reactions: corpeedo

corpeedo

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 7, 2016
Excellent! Feels like we’ve taken our identity back with the branding! Thanks.

Got the members cap in the mail yesterday and put simply, it’s the plainest and the best I can recall seeing.
Cool! That's the stuff. We all love it here at the club too. I wear it most days. Simple. stands out.

corpeedo

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 7, 2016
Talk about great timing...releasing another jersey the day after the season is suspended...

but shit that’s an ugly jersey.... and I wonder if they roll it out with the black shorts that seemed to be used with all sorts of jerseys!
It wasn't released. It was leaked.

Reactions: Navigator

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Your contact at rebel in oz?
Have already spoken to AJ about it.

While the back story sounds good with the ANZAC jersey the honest truth is it looks like shit. With half the jersey military and the other half still Warriors its looks exactly that, half ass. You know what people love? And this is something my good mate David Camps knew, people love camo. Its timeless, universal and hits different like few other designs can. How hard would it be to just go in with the blue portion of the home jersey a blue camo? It would offset the reduced home jersey sales too. Or go #AllIn and do the NZ Army distinctive camo pattern. Roosters nailed it a few years ago.

Untitled2.png

Or even clubs penchant for using poppies in the red portions of chevrons works awesome.

https___prod.static9.net.au___media_2018_04_25_12_57_dragvroosters_env.jpg
Whatever you do for the love of God, sunshine, puppies and beer please stop adding yet another colour to the already embarrassing palate this club has used. I care little that that is NZ military khaki. It looks like baby diarrhea.

And while I'm here giving my unsolicited and unqualified opinion, the Wellington jersey. Home jersey but black and yellow. Simple. Stop this BS blah blah blah trying to appeal to Joe Wanker from Bumfuckville County bollocks and do a Wellington jersey for Wellington. This notion that it might make the rest of the country feel ostracised cause of whoknowswhat is ridiculous. The 2013 Wellington jersey with its simple black and yellow design with classic strong chevrons sold out in a day and rates in just about everyones top 5 Warriors jerseys of all time whether they are from Wellington, Taranaki, Auckland or Ngaruawahia.

It'll be a damned sight better than that bushman monstrosity...

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2014
Have already spoken to AJ about it.

While the back story sounds good with the ANZAC jersey the honest truth is it looks like shit. With half the jersey military and the other half still Warriors its looks exactly that, half ass. You know what people love? And this is something my good mate David Camps knew, people love camo. Its timeless, universal and hits different like few other designs can. How hard would it be to just go in with the blue portion of the home jersey a blue camo? It would offset the reduced home jersey sales too. Or go #AllIn and do the NZ Army distinctive camo pattern. Roosters nailed it a few years ago.

Or even clubs penchant for using poppies in the red portions of chevrons works awesome.

Whatever you do for the love of God, sunshine, puppies and beer please stop adding yet another colour to the already embarrassing palate this club has used. I care little that that is NZ military khaki. It looks like baby diarrhea.

And while I'm here giving my unsolicited and unqualified opinion, the Wellington jersey. Home jersey but black and yellow. Simple. Stop this BS blah blah blah trying to appeal to Joe Wanker from Bumfuckville County bollocks and do a Wellington jersey for Wellington. This notion that it might make the rest of the country feel ostracised cause of whoknowswhat is ridiculous. The 2013 Wellington jersey with its simple black and yellow design with classic strong chevrons sold out in a day and rates in just about everyones top 5 Warriors jerseys of all time whether they are from Wellington, Taranaki, Auckland or Ngaruawahia.

It'll be a damned sight better than that bushman monstrosity...
The GOAT has spoken :cigar:

scree

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 11, 2013
I'm a designer and a uniform nerd. I've been following the NHL (ice hockey) since the mid 90s, as well as rugby league and cricket - those are my three favourite sports. I think the North American leagues are much classier in their approach to uniforms; teams colours are important, a lot can be said with a patch rather than a new jersey design, history is a big influence, different warm-up jerseys are often designed and used to pay homage but not add another actual jersey to the uniform. NZ Cricket does an ok job along those lines, but the Warriors are something else, they are more like the minor leagues of ice hockey where teams can wear ridiculous full sublimated designs for one off games. I get these extra jerseys increase sales, but it's just not very professional and the team lacks an identity of team colours.

Anyway, so I mostly agree with mt.wellington and thought I might as well quickly Photoshop up a couple of his thoughts.

How hard would it be to just go in with the blue portion of the home jersey a blue camo? It would offset the reduced home jersey sales too. Or go #AllIn and do the NZ Army distinctive camo pattern. Roosters nailed it a few years ago.
Untitled-2.jpg
And while I'm here giving my unsolicited and unqualified opinion, the Wellington jersey. Home jersey but black and yellow. Simple.
Untitled-3.jpg
While the back story sounds good with the ANZAC jersey the honest truth is it looks like shit. With half the jersey military and the other half still Warriors its looks exactly that, half ass... Whatever you do for the love of God, sunshine, puppies and beer please stop adding yet another colour to the already embarrassing palate this club has used. I care little that that is NZ military khaki. It looks like baby diarrhea.
I wondered how this khaki thing might look '#All-In-Khaki', rather than half team colours and half ANZAC colours... maybe it's an improvement but still not the type of thing I think the team should wear if they want to build a brand. In my opinion a nice sewn on poppy patch added to the regular jersey would be the best approach. Make a certain amount of patches available for sale at the game for fans. Special jerseys will mean more if they come up less often.
Untitled-1.jpg

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Untitled-2.jpg

FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!

What the hell is wrong with that? I wouldn't buy a second or third year home jersey design but I'd be all over that. Like I said its a great way to offset reduced home jersey sales. Wonder if Vodafone would ever come to the party and swap out the red part of their logo for a poppy and remove the lettering. The visual cue would still be there. Penrith Panthers still have the greatest ANZAC jersey ever after their sponsors agreed to be removed from it.

Untitled-31.jpg
My only change for the Wellington jersey would be to get rid of the middle yellow portion so we have the traditional double chevrons and make the collar yellow so it actually pays homage to Wellington Rugby League. My MS Paint skills dont extend to doing a collar sorry lol.

Heres one from 1993...

IMG20940431927800.jpg

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I'm a designer and a uniform nerd. I've been following the NHL (ice hockey) since the mid 90s, as well as rugby league and cricket - those are my three favourite sports. I think the North American leagues are much classier in their approach to uniforms; teams colours are important, a lot can be said with a patch rather than a new jersey design, history is a big influence, different warm-up jerseys are often designed and used to pay homage but not add another actual jersey to the uniform. NZ Cricket does an ok job along those lines, but the Warriors are something else, they are more like the minor leagues of ice hockey where teams can wear ridiculous full sublimated designs for one off games. I get these extra jerseys increase sales, but it's just not very professional and the team lacks an identity of team colours.

Anyway, so I mostly agree with mt.wellington and thought I might as well quickly Photoshop up a couple of his thoughts.

View attachment 42343

View attachment 42344

I wondered how this khaki thing might look '#All-In-Khaki', rather than half team colours and half ANZAC colours... maybe it's an improvement but still not the type of thing I think the team should wear if they want to build a brand. In my opinion a nice sewn on poppy patch added to the regular jersey would be the best approach. Make a certain amount of patches available for sale at the game for fans. Special jerseys will mean more if they come up less often.
View attachment 42345
Those look awesome.
As long as it's not grey, we never seem to win playing in grey.

Reactions: Johnnyray

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2014

View attachment 42343

View attachment 42344

View attachment 42345
Hope the bro from Warriors HQ took notes from your post mate - wow these designs nail the old cliche

“less is more”

Vancent

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012

View attachment 42343

View attachment 42344

View attachment 42345
Holy shit bro - you’re in the wrong job (albeit I am unaware of current employment detail and tenure) #justsayin’ - that’s the best visual articulation to (a rant) I’ve seen.

corpeedo can we connect this man to C-George?!

EDIT: except no more phuckeng Black Moko - there’s a reason B&W TV isn’t with us anymore....

corpeedo

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 7, 2016
mt.wellington mt.wellington Love your passion mate. And appreciate your feedback. Being an avid military collectibles guy in his spare time, Dave Camps was pushing camo all day, everyday. 😂 top bloke.

Vancent Vancent scree scree I'll direct you guys to my Nov 26 post regarding the design process.

"CCC, with their awesome design, marketing and commercial team have traditionally presented us* with the entire range of designs across jerseys, training and staff apparel. With extensive rationale on each design, with subtle accompanying variants if necessary. We give respective feedback, and suggest changes where we would like to see different options. then over a number of months, there are meetings at the 25%, 50%, 75%, 95%, 100% stage to finalise the whole range. (my favourite part of my job to be fair) that's usually 18months out from release.

*respective heads of brand, commercial, merch and football departments.

btw. the players and coaches don't design the jerseys, they are all training! ;)"

Vancent

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
mt.wellington mt.wellington Love your passion mate. And appreciate your feedback. Being an avid military collectibles guy in his spare time, Dave Camps was pushing camo all day, everyday. 😂 top bloke.

Vancent Vancent scree scree I'll direct you guys to my Nov 26 post regarding the design process.

"CCC, with their awesome design, marketing and commercial team have traditionally presented us* with the entire range of designs across jerseys, training and staff apparel. With extensive rationale on each design, with subtle accompanying variants if necessary. We give respective feedback, and suggest changes where we would like to see different options. then over a number of months, there are meetings at the 25%, 50%, 75%, 95%, 100% stage to finalise the whole range. (my favourite part of my job to be fair) that's usually 18months out from release.

btw. the players and coaches don't design the jerseys, they are all training! ;)"
Yes.......yes makes perfect sense really...... suddenly I remember that post well.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

You and I both know that despite CCC presenting designs it is always the clubs sole right to say yay or nay. Lets not deflect this all on CCC...

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans CBUS Super Stadium

Last Game

04 Jul

26 - 16
6.7 Total Avg Rating
7.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 30 ratings