General 2020 Season Suspended

Dixpat

Last Chance!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
The NRL not paying into the players retirement fund is pretty shocking. They would of been thinking they wouldn't get caught out.

The players have a genuine gripe here with the NRL not paying the money. But what the hell have the RLPA been doing. They have supposed to have been receiving the money the last 3 years have they not been telling the players?

They should also be questioning the people representing them.
Exactly - someone has been asleep at the wheel

Reactions: Murraytd

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Exactly - someone has been asleep at the wheel
Makes you wonder if the RLPA should be forced to open their accounts as well to show exactly what they've been doing with the money they've collected before this i.e. has all the money they've received actually gone into a retirement fund, where is the money invested, what returns have they been receiving, has the returns stayed to compound in the account or been syphoned off?

If they can't be trusted to receive the money, how can they be trusted to look after the players best interests with the money they have got? Especially since the players are now been asked, in some cases, to take significant pay cuts.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Boy George's phone must have been running hot :rolleyes:
Covid 19 coronavirus: Rugby league - Warriors boss Cameron George confident about club's survival ahead of NRL return target

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Is there anything more ruby league business wise than "This spending is out of control, we demand we get to audit the books to see where the money has gone". Only to find out the relevant people had access to the books the whole time but never bothered until it was too late.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Is there anything more ruby league business wise than "This spending is out of control, we demand we get to audit the books to see where the money has gone". Only to find out the relevant people had access to the books the whole time but never bothered until it was too late.

i read this but it doesnt mention the non payment for the players retirement fund. Also I wonder why things like the diamond ring they mention doesn't come out of the marketing budget rather than administration, as if i remember rightly it was one of those things about thanking the wife for supporting her incredibly well paid husband (a women in league thing). I wonder if we have seen the end of Cam Smith the player, and next year might be the start of Cam Smith the assistant coach or something.
Lastly why are the commision and others using hire cars at all, dont they all live in Sydney. other than visiting clubs which cant be every other day then surely they all work at the same building? So many questions...

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
i read this but it doesnt mention the non payment for the players retirement fund. Also I wonder why things like the diamond ring they mention doesn't come out of the marketing budget rather than administration, as if i remember rightly it was one of those things about thanking the wife for supporting her incredibly well paid husband (a women in league thing). I wonder if we have seen the end of Cam Smith the player, and next year might be the start of Cam Smith the assistant coach or something.
Lastly why are the commision and others using hire cars at all, dont they all live in Sydney. other than visiting clubs which cant be every other day then surely they all work at the same building? So many questions...
I wouldnt trust Cam Smith to run anything , he was at the Storm when the players were getting paid into different accounts from different places but just thought that was how it worked. Anyone who has been part of a corrupt regime in the past shouldnt be part of cleaning things up going forward.

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
Boy George's phone must have been running hot :rolleyes:
Covid 19 coronavirus: Rugby league - Warriors boss Cameron George confident about club's survival ahead of NRL return target
I take it you read the article bruce bruce, had to shake my head in disdain at George when he spoke of V'landys, here's the quote..

"The indication yesterday from Peter V'landys was that the numbers and the trends in Australia are starting to work in the right direction," George said.

F%#king boobs the both of them!

Reactions: bruce