General 2020 NRL Finals Footy

Thought Solomona could hve been a dark horse for the CC medal - would have liked to see his metres made/tackles made as think they were quite high, he went forward all nite and probably his best game i've seen him play for a while. Please please please can Fox buy the dam rights, Channel 9 is nauseating and couldn't stand Gould that actually put it on the alternate commentary even though there wasn't any.......................... One of the highlights of the nite though was Bellamy kicking the chair, outstanding work.

Much as I was going for Penrith, that first try the Panthers got was bullshit as was the first sinbinning against the Storm.

Once again, I wonder how Phil Gould gets to be involved in the NRL and commentate the games. Surely a conflict of interest in there somewhere.

I would have been disappointed if the CC had gone to Smith. The narrative was "the Clive Churchill medal is the one thing Smith hasn't won in his career", but so what? He hasn't had an ACL injury in his career, should the Channel 9 - who judge the Clive3 Churchill - arrange for him to get one of those? Okay, I'm being facetious because I just don't particularly like the guy - salary cap, Alex McKinnon etc...

He was pretty much locked in for CC after the first half with his try and penalty goals. Pap played outstanding though and deserved it.

Classic Cleary coaching. When it really counts no one is listening.

Even more vintage Cleary, we see Naden left out for May.

Naden finally comes on when the damage is done and magically the team is a million times better.

I know a lot of people rate CLeary. I can't stand his coaching weirdness with his best attacking players, shades of Inu when really he could not afford not to use the player.

The storm seemed to just send traffic at luai and api for ages , seemed like nathan was getting cold feet out on the other side. Sort of kept him out of the game.
Also seemed like Penrith had too many chiefs not enough Indians. Isaiah yeo and tyrone may did too much of there ball playing , chuck in Luai, Cleary and api and that's a lot. Dylan Edwards just seemed to be trying to support all night.

The storm seemed to just send traffic at luai and api for ages , seemed like nathan was getting cold feet out on the other side. Sort of kept him out of the game.
Also seemed like Penrith had too many chiefs not enough Indians. Isaiah yeo and tyrone may did too much of there ball playing , chuck in Luai, Cleary and api and that's a lot. Dylan Edwards just seemed to be trying to support all night.

Good comments. Penrith just made too many simple errors in that first half. Blew quite a few tryscoring opportunities. Kikau especially let them down big time. His prowess on attack was nowhere near enough to cover for all of his mistakes. Scoreboard pressure had a bit to do with it too. Cleary had a pretty poor game offensively and defensively as well. Tamou looked like their best defender.

Reactions: Worried2Death

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Good comments. Penrith just made too many simple errors in that first half. Blew quite a few tryscoring opportunities. Kikau especially let them down big time. His prowess on attack was nowhere near enough to cover for all of his mistakes. Scoreboard pressure had a bit to do with it too. Cleary had a pretty poor game offensively and defensively as well. Tamou looked like their best defender.
i thought Kikau was just trying to damn hard. Reminded me of Manu in that he had a run every set sometimes twice, pushed himself to his limit and fell short. If Nathan or Tamou had pulled him back and had some of the others work harder his efforts would have paid off more.

There was just way to much individual efforts and not nearly as much team structure as we have seen in the recent past.

i thought Kikau was just trying to damn hard. Reminded me of Manu in that he had a run every set sometimes twice, pushed himself to his limit and fell short. If Nathan or Tamou had pulled him back and had some of the others work harder his efforts would have paid off more.

There was just way to much individual efforts and not nearly as much team structure as we have seen in the recent past.
Got to lose one before you can win one as the old saying goes. There will be a lot of reflection in the Panthers camp.

In saying that, the Storm are the best coached, most complete team in the comp and if they get beaten, they lose rather than the other team beating them.

Got to lose one before you can win one as the old saying goes. There will be a lot of reflection in the Panthers camp.

In saying that, the Storm are the best coached, most complete team in the comp and if they get beaten, they lose rather than the other team beating them.

Yea I think Panthers will be in good shape for next year.

It still really annoys me that the Storm were stripped of 2 premierships. Cameron Smith should have 5 premierships not 3.

• Wow
Reactions: MurrayTD
Papenhuyzen reminds me of late middle distance US runner Steve Prefontaine, they look similar and both run/ran with their heads to the side, both are great to watch although Prefontaine unfortunately died young and never reached his potential. Interesting that Reimis Smith may go to the Storm as part of player swap with Ado-Carr, good for the kiwis if they can develop him into a top winger.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Yea I think Panthers will be in good shape for next year.

It still really annoys me that the Storm were stripped of 2 premierships. Cameron Smith should have 5 premierships not 3.
He’s lucky to have 3, considering the squad they were allowed to keep despite blatant and deliberate cheating, don’t believe for a second the players were unaware something wasn’t legit- signing 2 contracts and getting paid double your contract? Nah I’m sure no one suspected anything

Papenhuyzen reminds me of late middle distance US runner Steve Prefontaine, they look similar and both run/ran with their heads to the side, both are great to watch although Prefontaine unfortunately died young and never reached his potential. Interesting that Reimis Smith may go to the Storm as part of player swap with Ado-Carr, good for the kiwis if they can develop him into a top winger.
There’s a name from the past, Steve Prefontaine. My sport was middle distance running, I watched the 1972 Olympics aged 12 and remember the 5000m race very well. One of my childhood heroes Ian Stewart pipped him for the bronze.

Reactions: Tedster
Unlucky Penrith. Everything went against them in the first half they must have driven over the stadium cat. I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with any of the line decisions but still, unlucky

There’s a name from the past, Steve Prefontaine. My sport was middle distance running, I watched the 1972 Olympics aged 12 and remember the 5000m race very well. One of my childhood heroes Ian Stewart pipped him for the bronze.
Lasse Viren won the gold i think? Both Paps/Pre fantastic athletes.

He’s lucky to have 3, considering the squad they were allowed to keep despite blatant and deliberate cheating, don’t believe for a second the players were unaware something wasn’t legit- signing 2 contracts and getting paid double your contract? Nah I’m sure no one suspected anything

Yea but you have to wonder how many teams did the exact same thing and didn't get caught.

Reactions: Worried2Death