General 2020 NRL Finals Footy

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Daylight savings kicking in is a bitch....

from NRL.com

Qualifying final 1: Penrith Panthers (1st) v Sydney Roosters (4th), Friday 7.50pm EST / 10:50pm NZT at Panthers Stadium

After winning 15 straight games to claim the minor premiership, the Panthers face back-to-back premiers Sydney Roosters for a spot in the preliminary final.
The Roosters lost 60-8 to South Sydney last week and have a point to prove.

Elimination final 1: Canberra Raiders (5th) v Cronulla Sharks (8th), Saturday 5.40pm EST / 8:40pm NZT at GIO Stadium
The Raiders defeated the Sharks in round 20 and they'll lock horns again - but this time in sudden death.
Canberra rested many of their stars last round and Cronulla are also due to get a host of players back for this do-or-die clash.

Qualifying final 2: Melbourne Storm (2nd) v Parramatta Eels (3rd), Saturday 7.50pm EST / 10:50pm NZT at Suncorp Stadium
The Storm have been consistent all year, finishing second, while the Eels started strong but have mixed their form late.

Elimination final 2: South Sydney Rabbitohs (6th) v Newcastle Knights (7th), Sunday 4.05pm EST / 7:05pm NZT at ANZ Stadium
Newcastle had all but sewn up a home final after round 19. But their shock loss to the Titans and South Sydney's mammoth win over the Roosters means the Knights will now travel to Homebush.

Week 2 - Semi Finals

Winner QF1:
Week off (Panthers or Roosters)
Winner QF2: Week off (Storm or Eels)

Semi Final 1. Friday, 9th October - 7.50pm EST / 9:50pm NZT at TBA
Qualifying Final 1 Loser (Panthers or Roosters) vs Elimination Final 1 Winner (Raiders or Sharks)

Semi Final 2. Saturday, 10th October - 7.50pm EST / 9:50pm NZT at TBA
Qualifying Final 2 Loser (Storm or Eels) vs Elimination Final 2 Winner (Rabbitohs or Knights)

Last edited:

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
There’s 3 teams in the Sharks/Knights/Eels making up the numbers this year.
Out of the rest would like to see Canberra go one step further, couldn’t care less out off Storm/Roosters but I guess it would be nice to have a new winner in the Panthers, can’t stand the bunnies so want to see them go crashing out.
As for this week can see Panthers/Raiders/Storm/Bunnies winning with all but the Panthers very convincingly

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Dont really care, be a nice swan song for Cameron if the storm win and being local i dont get the hate for the storm. Personally would like to see the eels and the sharks lose, but suspect the big one will be if the roosters lose to the panthers, and then to the eels to take em out next week .

KiwiinJapan

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 3, 2016
Some good games coming up this weekend. Listening to Inside the NRL (22), I hate how they talk about the Warriors and how much they appreciate them (once they are out of the finals run. The refs seemed a lot fairer too. The NRL should show how important the Warriors are to the competition in 2021 by giving them a fair run.

Reactions: wizards rage

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
Roosters/Raiders/Storm/Knights. Hate souths/eels so happy for them to wave goodbye although Eels will get a second chance.

Reactions: matiunz

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Week One:
Panthers vs Roosters
Raiders vs Sharks
Storm vs Eels
Rabbitohs vs Knights

Week Two:
Roosters vs Raiders
Eels vs Rabbitohs

Week Three:
Panthers
vs Rabbitohs
Storm vs Raiders

Week Four - Grand Final:
Panthers
vs Raiders

roadrunner

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 7, 2016
Tauranga
My 2nd most loved team are the Raiders so I'm picking them this week.Panthers to win but dont be surprised if my most hated team Roosters get up. Yea Storm and Rabbits.Yea Panthers /Raiders final would be my dream ending to the season.

Reactions: Worried2Death

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Week One:
Panthers vs Roosters
Raiders vs Sharks
Storm vs Eels
Rabbitohs vs Knights

Week Two:
Roosters vs Raiders
Eels vs Rabbitohs

Week Three:
Panthers
vs Rabbitohs
Storm vs Raiders

Week Four - Grand Final:
Panthers
vs Raiders
thats probably my dream scenario for matchups and wins. should be a couple of good games in that lot. Games with heat would be Panthers roosters and roosters raiders.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Can't wait for Australia to go into daylight savings so we don't continue with these 10:50pm kick offs.

15 games or whatever its been in a row. Now the Panthers know this will be a step up. 10-0 to the Rooster already.

Roosters would be keen to turn around last weeks hiding.

Reactions: Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Can't wait for Australia to go into daylight savings so we don't continue with these 10:50pm kick offs.

15 games or whatever its been in a row. Now the Panthers know this will be a step up. 10-0 to the Rooster already.

Roosters would be keen to turn around last weeks hiding.
Daylight savings in Aus from Sunday

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
5.0 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 22 ratings