General 2020 NRL Draw

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
I’m glad we have the knights first up, means I’ll actually do the trip up before I’m to jaded to be bothered travelling :p
That's how they'll trap ya! Get ya while you're keen, somehow jag a win and wait for your application for the Kool-Aid pack. Then you're sucked in a-gain! Doom, doom, doom....

Of course, we'll play Melbourne Storm Saturday 25 April 9PM - Sydney Roosters v St George/Illawarra Dragons will be 730PM.

Reactions: matiunz

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Quite convenient for the Broncos the magic round. Get their usual 10-11 home games plus another one which only has the inconvenience of them changing dressing rooms.

Round 1 vs the Knights that slot is the timeslot which is usually the hardest around the kids. Good think I'll have a whole summers worth of goodwill built up with the missus to play the I haven't seen my team play for 6 months card. Round 20-26 that time slot might be more of an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: tajhay

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Four home game venues in 2020
Author Richard Bech 29 Oct 2019, 10:00 AM

The Vodafone Warriors will use four different stadiums for their home games in the 2020 NRL season with nine at Mount Smart Stadium, another at Eden Park and one each in Wellington and in Brisbane.

The unveiling of the draw today has confirmed five of their 12 home games have been set down for Saturdays, five on Friday nights and two on Sundays.

The standout feature is the Vodafone Warriors’ historic first home game of the season when they join forces with the Blues in an unprecedented rugby league-rugby union double header at Eden Park on Saturday, March 21.
The event pits the Vodafone Warriors against 2019 beaten NRL grand finalists the Canberra Raiders in a second-round encounter while the Blues meet 2019 Super Rugby semi-finalists the Brumbies in an eighth-round contest.

And four weeks later the Vodafone Warriors entertain the premiership-winning Sydney Roosters at Mount Smart Stadium on Saturday, April 18.
Their first match of the year at their home ground is against Wests Tigers in the fourth round on Saturday, April 4 while the other seven opponents at Mount Smart Stadium are the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (Friday, May 8), Melbourne Storm (Saturday, May 23), Brisbane Broncos (Friday, June 5), Gold Coast Titans (Friday, July 17), Penrith Panthers (Friday, July 31), Newcastle Knights (Sunday, August 9) and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (Friday, August 21).
In their other two home games the Vodafone Warriors will again be at Suncorp Stadium for the NRL’s Magic Round when they face Parramatta on Sunday, May 3 and they’ll also return to Wellington taking on North Queensland at the renamed SKY Stadium on Saturday, June 27.

It means the Vodafone Warriors will have home games against six of 2019’s top eight teams, the only exceptions being South Sydney and Cronulla.
As well as the Rabbitohs and the Sharks, the other clubs the Vodafone Warriors will meet only once will be St George Illawarra, Wests Tigers, Parramatta and Penrith.
While the Vodafone Warriors will travel to Melbourne, Canberra, Wollongong, Newcastle, Robina on the Gold Coast, Brisbane (twice), Kawana Waters on the Sunshine Coast and Townsville they’ll barely be seen in Sydney with just four games scheduled there. The first will be against Manly in round three in March followed by a long break before they have back-to-back away games against the Roosters (Saturday, July 4) and the Bulldogs (Friday, July 10) followed later by the final regular season match against Cronulla on Saturday, September 5.

The Vodafone Warriors will play just four home games at Mount Smart Stadium in the final 12 rounds of the season. They’ll on the road for four straight games in June-July against the Raiders, Cowboys (Wellington), Roosters and Bulldogs while the last four rounds will see them take on the Rabbitohs on the Sunshine Coast, back home to face the Sea Eagles and then finishing away against the Cowboys in Townsville and the Sharks in Sydney.

Reactions: tajhay

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
This draw is what we get for a team that struggles to make the 8.
Disappointment for me is that we don't play the ANZAC game at Mt Smart, we should be entitled to get the 2 games that fall on the weekend.
Only 9 games at Mt Smart, yes we have struggled to win there lately but this is our home ground.
Last 2 games of the season played away just like this year. This is a joke. All teams should have at least one home game going into the last 2. Having only 4 homes games in the last 12 rounds is shit as will.
5 Fridays night games, we can't do much about that, as no one wants to watch us in Australia.
I could go on but it is up to the team to perform for us to get a better draw in the future!

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 21, 2018
That draw is about as bad as could be expected tbh - my expectations for a lean year have just been further lowered. About as tough of an opening 2 months and a tough end... Without having seen the whole draw for the comp, and before the Nov 1 trade deadline opening, I would say we should be one of the spoon contenders unfortunately.

Reactions: warriors55

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Bastard NRL.

Every damn game against a bloody NRL team. They really have it in for us, eh? They'll probably allow the other teams to play 17 players, as well.

Ah, well.

Seriously pleased we're playing both GF teams twice. No matter how hard it may be.

Obviously, we're the 8PM Friday Boys. Not sure if I'll go down to Wellington again as the Caketin doesn't impress much as a stadium.

Now the draw's sorted, it's back to bitching about recruitment, etc...

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

New Zealand Warriors
Teams they play twice
Knights, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Roosters, Storm, Bulldogs, Titans, Broncos, Cowboys

Teams they play once
Wests Tigers, Dragons, Eels, Rabbitohs, Panthers, Sharks

Day-by-day breakdown
Friday – 7, Saturday – 13, Sunday – 4

Five-day turnarounds
1 (Round 9).

Kick-off
An away battle against Newcastle will get the ball rolling before the Warriors host grand finalists Canberra in round two. The Warriors' frequent flyer points will keep building as they head back across the ditch to take on Manly and then return home the following week to greet Wests Tigers.

Toughest stretch
Rounds 6-9. Any period where you play the Roosters and Storm in consecutive weeks is difficult. Once they're out of the way, the Warriors head to Brisbane for a Magic Round clash with Parramatta before locking horns with the improving Bulldogs.

And another thing
The Warriors will return to the Sunshine Coast to face the Rabbitohs again after last season's last-gasp defeat.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Whats a good draw look like? I always look at, do we play enough of the poorer sides to get a respectable amount of wins – x2 titans, dragons x1, hard to say who the other poor teams are until the player merry go round finishes.

No perth, and if they stayed in camp in Australia for the last 2 (if they still had something to play for) that could work.

Anzac day – magic round back to back is pretty gross though – no one in the NRL ever does this, but would be funny if they just punted the anzac day game rested all the key players, take the loss on the chin and saved up for magic round vs eels.

11 of 24 games in NZ two years running, gotta knock that on the head.

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
Looks like we have the 2nd or 3rd hardest draw going off of top 8 opponents this year.

6 games in the first 15 against the grand finalists and the minor premier, we also play both grand finalists twice throughout the season.
13 games against 2019 top 8 opponents which is the most (Cowboys, Dragons, Panthers, Storm and Roosters also have 13).

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
This draw is what we get for a team that struggles to make the 8.
Disappointment for me is that we don't play the ANZAC game at Mt Smart, we should be entitled to get the 2 games that fall on the weekend.
Only 9 games at Mt Smart, yes we have struggled to win there lately but this is our home ground.
Last 2 games of the season played away just like this year. This is a joke. All teams should have a least one home game going into the last 2. Having only 4 homes games in the last 12 rounds is shit as will.
5 Fridays night games, we can't do much about that, as the no one wants to watch us in Australia.
I could go on but it is up to the team to perform for us to get a better draw in the future!
The draw should not reflect how you performed last year, except maybe for viewing times. Your in the comp so the draw should be even for all.

Rubbish draw... set up to fail.

Why would anyone decent come here to play?

Why will anyone bother following the sport when your continuously shafted. The glamour teams thrive while the game slowly dies in NZ

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
2020 revised draw:

Teams they play twice

Knights, Raiders, Panthers, Sharks, Sea Eagles

Teams they play once

Dragons, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Storm, Broncos, Titans, Roosters, Wests Tigers, Bulldogs, Eels

Day-by-day breakdown

Friday - 8 games, Saturday - 6, Sunday - 6

Does anyone actually have a good copy of a week by week draw for the Warriors they can post?

Let’s debate the merits of this - what does everyone think?

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Biggest thing I noticed from the draw was the lack of travel they will have to do...particularly in the latter half of the season. Only 2 games out of Sydney in the first 9 rounds, then potentially no more after that (unless they let Canberra play at home in round 19.

travel can no longer be used as an excuse this season... especially if the families are allowed into Aussie

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Teams they play twice

Knights, Raiders, Panthers, Sharks, Sea Eagles
Raiders and Eagles are looking strong this year. They will be hard to win a game off, let alone 2. Sharks, Panthers and knights are 50/50. Would have been good to get a double against 1 of the Titans, dragons or Bulldogs.

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons NSW

Last Game

21 Mar

06-20
4.7 Total Avg Rating
4.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 10 ratings