General 2019 Warriors Top 8

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Looking the remaining games we have.... we only play 1 team below us on the ladder!!!

At best I can see us winning a max of 2 games - both origin impacted teams. The Knights this weekend and the Broncos the following. After that I can easily see us not winning another game this season!!

Certainly fits with the pattern of going downhill after the origin period is over. Except this season we sucked balls before and during the origin periods!!!

Reaction score
OMG

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I think the question now is can we avoid being in the bottom 4.
At least Titans and Doggies should ensure we don't get the Spoon, although that might have meant some big changes had to happen fast so could have been a blessing in disguise.
We are a top chance to be Chumpions of the Wood, As it stands if Warriors and Broncs lose this week they end up 2 points ahead of Dogs n Tits.

The race to the bottom is going to be as depressing as all fuck, The Warriors are fair looking like the Eels of 2011, it'd be a crack up if we could match or better their Golden point record of 4 losses.

Fucked if I can see a game they can win, at this stage we're pretty much hoping that the Tits cant win another game IMO.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Currently on my differential we should be in 9th spot. However remember the old 9th with a bullet or 9th with a parachute saying? Ladies and jellybeans this team is in 9th with a lead zeppelin.

The spoon currently belongs to the Dogs who have a massive deficit but if they manage three wins and we get none, we get the spoon for the first time in our history.

Can I see that happening, I might just put money on it.

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Dogs are on the improve and should pick up a few more wins. I'd say its down to us and the Titans. If nothing changes in our squad it looks like this is our year to finally win something. Fuckn disgraceful.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Bloody disgraceful. They reckon there's too many teams in Sydney, based on this years form and previous years form ( not including last year) there's too many teams in NZ !

Reaction score

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The most depressing part of the whole affair is that next year looks like more of the same, as does the following year etc.

Think I'd prefer to be disappointed from the comfort of my own home next year

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The most depressing part of the whole affair is that next year looks like more of the same, as does the following year etc.

Think I'd prefer to be disappointed from the comfort of my own home next year
We're cutting so many players atm, surely there must be some kind of plan for next year... surely. Stack the team with Aussies, sign some big name forwards, a marquee half.... anything...something must be going on for the off-season. Surely. Or are we completely delusional? Next year is our premiership window. I think I've finally gone insane.

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
We're cutting so many players atm, surely there must be some kind of plan for next year... surely. Stack the team with Aussies, sign some big name forwards, a marquee half.... something must be going on for the off-season. Surely. Or are we completely delusional? Nah next year is our premiership window. I think I've finally gone insane.
If one is a glass half full you would have to hope so. My worry is SK isn't taking this club anywhere, and a glass half full attitude isn't changing that at all.

Reaction score
davewjnz

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This time last year we were sitting 5th on the table and still just scraped into the 8 at 8th.
Year before we were sitting 10th and missed play-offs
Not liking our chances this year at all...
Only hope is for the Warriors to get onto a winning streak.
Very unlikely but who knows with the Warriors
Maybe fans best idea is to go into each game expecting the worst
Then we won't be so pissed if we lose but over the moon if we win lol :banghead:

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Only hope is for the Warriors to get onto a winning streak.
Very unlikely but who knows with the Warriors
Fair comment. However in all my time this is the worst attack the club has ever fielded. Their defence has improved markedly since the good old days, no doubt about that, but it isn't water tight and they cannot score tries to match that.

Reaction score
davewjnz

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Fair comment. However in all my time this is the worst attack the club has ever fielded. Their defence has improved markedly since the good old days, no doubt about that, but it isn't water tight and they cannot score tries to match that.
Was a comment made more of wishful thinking really
Round 1 we were 1st spot
Round 2 down to 8th
Round 3 down to 12
Round 4 back up to 9th
We've been hovering around 12th over the last 11 rounds I can't see us making the 8 this year
But, being a Warriors fan you always know they can on their day, this is the part that always pisses us off...
With 2 minutes to go we had that game in the bag, our comments would have been different had we held on

Reaction score

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I get al the debate about likely position at end of this year, and me for one likes to think positive than doomsday, but you never give up. However, what I don't get are the continual and totally incorrect statements that we 'only just scraped into the 8' last year.

Folks, we were 6 points ahead of 9th position and 2 points from #1. That is not a 'only just scraped in' position. It's more like only just missed out on top 4 by some blatant lousy calls.

Now, lets get on and beat Newcastle this weekend and see where that takes us...

Reaction score
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Looking the remaining games we have.... we only play 1 team below us on the ladder!!!
Funny how that works eh, almost like the lower you are the less lower opponents exist! Cowboys also only play 1 team lower than them, Broncos 2, Titans and Bulldogs play 0 teams lower than them!

Reaction score
The Falcon

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It feels like it’s the game plan that needs to change, more offloads, 2nd phase plays and changing the running angles to enable RTS and Nikorima into some space and broken field play - get them ‘mano a mano’ with the opposition defence.

Top Bottom