General 2019 Warriors Top 8

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've been having a go at the ladder predictor and should we win the next 3 I still have us making 8th spot.

This is based on the following scenarios:
All six teams contesting the final two positions have been unpredictable basket cases all season.
The Rabbitohs are on the slide and we are playing them at home.
Ricky will decide to rest Hodgson and a few other key players for the final round as they are too far behind the Storm or Roosters to secure first or second spot.

Now someone hand me those straws...
Careful, a few muppets on here will believe you

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It's a bit of a relief now that they cannot make it....Just glad we were not relying on a 30+ point win in the last round and other results to go our way only for them to lose by 50, to make the 8.

Reaction score

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've been having a go at the ladder predictor and should we win the next 3 I still have us making 8th spot.

This is based on the following scenarios:
All six teams contesting the final two positions have been unpredictable basket cases all season.
The Rabbitohs are on the slide and we are playing them at home.
Ricky will decide to rest Hodgson and a few other key players for the final round as they are too far behind the Storm or Roosters to secure first or second spot.

Now someone hand me those straws...
That poor ladder predictor’s been pushed to the limits this week, being poked and prodded in orifices it didn’t know it had.. 😰

If we manage to pull off the above mentioned, you owe it a new hard drive or something?

Last edited:
Reaction score
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Someone calculated it for the doggies with the caveat "The Warriors can win either one of their RD24 & 25 games, just not both", so the results we'd need I believe are.

Eels/Bulldogs​
Bulldogs​
Cowboys/Panthers​
Cowboys​
Broncos/Rabbits​
Rabbits​
Sharks/Warriors​
Warriors​
Tigers/Knights​
Knights​
RD24​
Cowboys/Bulldogs​
Bulldogs​
Warriors/Rabbits​
Warriors​
Broncos/Eels​
Eels​
Roosters/Panthers​
Roosters​
Raiders/Sharks​
Raiders​
Dragons/Tigers​
Dragons​
RD25​
Raiders/Warriors​
Warriors​
Bulldogs/Broncos​
Bulldogs​
Tigers/Sharks​
Tigers​
Panthers/Knights​
Knights​

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Someone calculated it for the doggies with the caveat "The Warriors can win either one of their RD24 & 25 games, just not both", so the results we'd need I believe are.

Eels/Bulldogs​
Bulldogs​
Cowboys/Panthers​
Cowboys​
Broncos/Rabbits​
Rabbits​
Sharks/Warriors​
Warriors​
Tigers/Knights​
Knights​
RD24​
Cowboys/Bulldogs​
Bulldogs​
Warriors/Rabbits​
Warriors​
Broncos/Eels​
Eels​
Roosters/Panthers​
Roosters​
Raiders/Sharks​
Raiders​
Dragons/Tigers​
Dragons​
RD25​
Raiders/Warriors​
Warriors​
Bulldogs/Broncos​
Bulldogs​
Tigers/Sharks​
Tigers​
Panthers/Knights​
Knights​
Oh is that all, no worries start booking tickets for finals now then, bankwest is it?

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Even taking into account the amount of times the ref screwed us etc, with a points differential of -98 we don't deserve to be in the top 8 anyway.
If they got there I wouldnt be upset about the differential, but your right it is a worrying sign that they still have these blow out games.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If we can’t snag a win before the season’s over then we are a chance of finishing 15th. Bulldogs now ahead of us and Dragons and Cowboys have winnable games ahead of them.

Reaction score

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If we can’t snag a win before the season’s over then we are a chance of finishing 15th. Bulldogs now ahead of us and Dragons and Cowboys have winnable games ahead of them.
Man, what a way to go through life. Not an untrue statement, I'll give you that, and not one that any of us on here would not be aware of, but could you be secretly hoping it will happen to prove a point. On the contrary, we could win all three and where would we end up...?
My outlook on sport and life in general is somewhat different (well actually it seems polar opposite) to yours. I'd prefer we concentrate on trying to smash the cheating Sharkies this Saturday (irrespective of the whistle-blowers preferences) and see where that leaves us for next weeks repeated challenge.

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've got us losing to the Sharks and Raiders away but beating the Rabbitohs at home (somehow). Leaving us finishing in 11th place.

If we lose all 3 we should finish around 14th.
If we win all 3 we should finish around 9th.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Man, what a way to go through life. Not an untrue statement, I'll give you that, and not one that any of us on here would not be aware of, but could you be secretly hoping it will happen to prove a point. On the contrary, we could win all three and where would we end up...?
My outlook on sport and life in general is somewhat different (well actually it seems polar opposite) to yours. I'd prefer we concentrate on trying to smash the cheating Sharkies this Saturday (irrespective of the whistle-blowers preferences) and see where that leaves us for next weeks repeated challenge.
I made a simple observation on where we could finish based on the final 3 rounds. That’s all it is, an observation, and there’s no need for you to get your panties in a knot because it runs counter to your glass overflowing view of the Warriors. Plenty of us on this forum are realists - try not to be offended by it.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've got us losing to the Sharks and Raiders away but beating the Rabbitohs at home (somehow). Leaving us finishing in 11th place.

If we lose all 3 we should finish around 14th.
If we win all 3 we should finish around 9th.
Rabbits are going poorly, agree we should have a chance, also in addition to us losing all 3 remaining games 15th would require Dragons beating Tigers and Titans and the Cowboys beating the Dogs and Panthers. The other thing that could happen is that the Storm win the minor premiership and then rest players in round 25 vs the Cowboys.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Warriors could finish 15th this season

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Eels/Bulldogs​
Bulldogs​
Cowboys/Panthers​
Cowboys​
Broncos/Rabbits​
Rabbits​
Sharks/Warriors​
Warriors​
Tigers/Knights​
Knights​
RD24​
Cowboys/Bulldogs​
Bulldogs​
Warriors/Rabbits​
Warriors​
Broncos/Eels​
Eels​
Roosters/Panthers​
Roosters​
Raiders/Sharks​
Raiders​
Dragons/Tigers​
Dragons​
RD25​
Raiders/Warriors​
Warriors​
Bulldogs/Broncos​
Bulldogs​
Tigers/Sharks​
Tigers​
Panthers/Knights​
Knights​
2 outa 2 so far bruv

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Cameron George opening his mouth publicly on SJ and the club not massaging SJ into staying at the team for money closer to RTS.

We have ZERO offense in the red zone. We are 14th at tries off kicks. We are mssing SJ creating the overlap, he just needed an explanation as to the clubs plans for him and that we still wanted him but the club handled it like rubbish, unprofessional supposed CEO.

Our roster just looks rubbish now with players dropping off, SJ gone, Kodi now our 6 (i cant wait for Hayze to get game time).

SK has done some good things, but he is RUBBISH at revving the team up every round, which is what the Warriors need, a spray prior to every game to raise their intensity. They are not turning up outside RTS.

Now we are stuck with Kodi and SK, I can see us not making the 8 for another 5 years.People are just sucking up money and going home because we dont have the fan and media attention like clubs in Aus do.

SK is just way too relaxed to coach a team that doesnt care unless you explain to them the fans pay their wages and their contracts are based on performance and that they have to turn up every round. Along with coaching some red zone offense outside the kick to the wing which fails without fus, Kodi sucks at draw and pass.

Im not sure im a CHT fan any more either, in saying that it might be because hes a game manager not a 6. But our 6 is all ego.

We could still make the 8 if we win every game, Broncos lose 2 games badly or all 3. Or Sharks lose 2/3, 1 we have control over as we are playing them.

I have no idea if they club will care enough to try and turn things around.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It would be fantastic if we could recruit Bennett as mentor for Kearney, another club has just done this.

We really need to get out players switched on EVERY game BEFORE the game starts, which is harder given the team is so far removed from the NRL Media circus.

The only other possible way is for us somehow lure a top 3 coach, which would only be for money for challenge. Wayne is almosy near the end. Bellamy will never come to NZ. Trent or Des both have zero reason to come, but Des would be the right sort of coach for Warriors. SK is just way too chilled out and he doesnt seem to care to much that he has made the 8 1/4 years and likely wont next year either.

Why do the fans put up with it? I think there should be a boycott on whats happened given how good our roster was and then it all went to crap when George opened his mouth.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have no idea if they club will care enough to try and turn things around.
Really? You think they don't care or you have no idea, either answer pretty much says the same thing..

Reaction score
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It would be fantastic if we could recruit Bennett as mentor for Kearney, another club has just done this.

We really need to get out players switched on EVERY game BEFORE the game starts, which is harder given the team is so far removed from the NRL Media circus.

The only other possible way is for us somehow lure a top 3 coach, which would only be for money for challenge. Wayne is almosy near the end. Bellamy will never come to NZ. Trent or Des both have zero reason to come, but Des would be the right sort of coach for Warriors. SK is just way too chilled out and he doesnt seem to care to much that he has made the 8 1/4 years and likely wont next year either.

Why do the fans put up with it? I think there should be a boycott on whats happened given how good our roster was and then it all went to crap when George opened his mouth.
🍺🍺??

Top Bottom