General 2019 Warriors Top 8

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
That "six minute" thing the broncos do twice at their training sessions sounded interesting? and probably got them home in the cowboys game where they were shit for basically the whole game, until a raiding surge in the last 2 minutes stole them that win - bloody annoying to watch them get out of jail like that! 😜

I hope we can implement something similar..

"It is all simple. We just have to bash down the front door with our middles getting us up the park and then our edges get us over the line. That six minutes is just for us to have confidence in ourself across the park. Everyone in the team has got a job in that six minutes to do."

A bit vague here to say the least? but if it works..

personally I would rather they do 80 minutes and make sure that they dont have to worry about the last 6, however a point in its favour is that the longer the game goes the more likely it is the refs will put away the whistle, (not for the warriors as I am now aware). Last night the last quarter of the game, the broncos were getting away with a lot and it really ruffled the feathers of the panthers who had turned it up a notch. Mainly the target was Maloney, and while I have seen him dish it out before and he probably deserves it, this was obviously a targeted play to shut down Penriths play maker.

Reaction score

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
personally I would rather they do 80 minutes and make sure that they dont have to worry about the last 6, however a point in its favour is that the longer the game goes the more likely it is the refs will put away the whistle, (not for the warriors as I am now aware). Last night the last quarter of the game, the broncos were getting away with a lot and it really ruffled the feathers of the panthers who had turned it up a notch. Mainly the target was Maloney, and while I have seen him dish it out before and he probably deserves it, this was obviously a targeted play to shut down Penriths play maker.
The refs probably have their own version of the six minute exercise, a penalty every six minutes (either team) but they have the full 80 minutes to work a 6:1 penalty count ratio against ‘them’ (warriors) 👎

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I hope I’m wrong on this, however if you look at the draw I reckon we’re a much better chance of finishing 14th than making the top 8 this season.
I've just run another ladder predictor and even if we win our last 4 games I have us finishing 9th.

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Where do you have us if we don’t win another game?
We should finish 13th (3 points behind 12th) if we don't win another game. Only Bulldogs, Cowboys and Titans below us.

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Need
We should finish 13th (3 points behind 12th) if we don't win another game. Only Bulldogs, Cowboys and Titans below us.
Would of thought 12th surely St George are screwed and would be below us or they got a good run home?

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Need

Would of thought 12th surely St George are screwed and would be below us or they got a good run home?
Not a bad run home. I've got St George having 2 more wins and 2 losses.

Win - Home vs Tigers & Away vs Titans.
Lose - Away to Sharks & Home to Roosters.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've just run another ladder predictor and even if we win our last 4 games I have us finishing 9th.
Not likely. We win today we’re above Newcastle. We play against the Sharks so would have to then finish above them.

Penrith and the Broncos would both need to win their last 3 to keep us out of the 8 and I have Brisbane losing 2 and Penrith losing 1.

We could finish 6th if we win all 4.

But interestingly I don’t see Manly winning another game😯

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not likely. We win today we’re above Newcastle. We play against the Sharks so would have to then finish above them.

Penrith and the Broncos would both need to win their last 3 to keep us out of the 8 and I have Brisbane losing 2 and Penrith losing 1.

I've just reset it and run it again. Switching 1 result I have us finishing in 8th ahead of the Panthers and Sharks.
Broncos games are all 55-45 in their favour I reckon. I have them winning 2 of the 3 but they could just as easily lose all 3. If they win 2 of 3 and we win all of our games we would be equal on points. I have the Broncos ahead on points differential.
Broncos last 3 games are.
Home vs Rabbits.
Home vs Eels
Away vs Bulldogs

We really have to win all 4 games though. We would need some extreme luck to win 3 and go through.

Dragons could do us a huge huge favour by beating the Sharks today. That would make it much more likely to win 3 and go through.

We have to beat the Roosters today though. That's the hardest part of the equation.

I've got the Knights losing 2 of their last 3 to miss out. I've got the Panthers winning 2 of their last 3.

But honestly who knows. Any number of situations could occur.

Reaction score
wallacenz

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I know it was a mathematical chance, but I was hanging off it all the same.
Still want to see us finish better than the sharks.
At what point does Kearney rest players who are obviously playing with injuries? For example Tevaga looks like hes got some pains

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
well that should seal it shouldnt it. Not in the top 8 this year?
We definitely won't be making the 8 after that.
well that should seal it shouldnt it. Not in the top 8 this year?
With the Sharks beating the Dragons plus the huge negative to our points differential compared to the Broncos we won't be making the 8 even if we win our last 3.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
We definitely won't be making the 8 after that.

With the Sharks beating the Dragons plus the huge negative to our points differential compared to the Broncos we won't be making the 8 even if we win our last 3.
yea thats what I said, but with less words. I dunno why i put the question mark on it

Reaction score

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've been having a go at the ladder predictor and should we win the next 3 I still have us making 8th spot.

This is based on the following scenarios:
All six teams contesting the final two positions have been unpredictable basket cases all season.
The Rabbitohs are on the slide and we are playing them at home.
Ricky will decide to rest Hodgson and a few other key players for the final round as they are too far behind the Storm or Roosters to secure first or second spot.

Now someone hand me those straws...

Top Bottom