General 2019 Warriors Top 8

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
2019 Warriors Top 8

As we do every year we discuss the Warriors chances of making the top 8.

---------------------------------------

As it stands, we play teams in the top 8 for the final 8 rounds of the season. It’s going to be punishing.

We need to get a roll going into and over the origin period to set ourselves up. We need to win 5 of the next 7 games (which is quite achievable judging by the opponents) to make up for our seasons poor start.

Go Warriors and crush the Panthers 💪

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Interesting point raised by Gus Gould on his podcast, although the Roosters and Rabbitohs have the same amount of wins (8) they have played very different teams in terms of table position because of the draw :

Rabbitohs :
Roosters (1st)
Dragons (10th)
Titans (14th)
Warriors (12th)
Bulldogs (16th)
Panthers (15th)
Broncos (11th)
Cowboys (13th)

Roosters :
Sea Eagles (5th)
Eels (8th)
Broncos (11th)
Sharks (7th)
Storm (3rd)
Dragons (10th)
Tigers (6th)
Raiders (4th)

You can only beat who is put in front of you, so it's hard to say if the Roosters or the Rabbitohs are the better team currently.

Reaction score

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
As it stands, we play teams in the top 8 for the final 8 rounds of the season. It’s going to be punishing.

We need to get a roll going into and over the origin period to set ourselves up. We need to win 5 of the next 7 games (which is quite achievable judging by the opponents) to make up for our seasons poor start.

Go Warriors and crush the Panthers 💪
I read a stat yesterday in the SMH - 0 teams have made the top 8 after starting the season 2 - 8 so pretty do and die for the Panthers.
For us - only 10 teams have ever made the top 8 after starting 3 - 7.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Like every season I am watching the points differential, which normally is a very accurate guide through the season as to where we are going to end.

All this season we have been where we belonged i.e. the same place on differential as ladder position. Right now that is 10th and has been for a few weeks.

The difference, and quite a marked difference this season, is the closeness of the differential between 7th and 11th.

The Tigers are 7th (10 points) with a differential of -2.
The Broncos are 12th (8 points) with a differential of only -22.

In between are the Eels, Sharks and Warriors.

On that basis any of those teams could change position among themselves. Any games between us and those teams will be worth double, so the loss to the Tigers was seriously bad.

The game against the Broncos will be very important. It won't get us into the eight but it will make it very difficult to do so if we lose, and for them as well.

Quite honestly I think with Kodi back, and assuming we can keep a good pack healthy without Adam Blair we might just make the eight again.

Don't ask me to put too much money on it though. The TAB picks us to stay at 10th, but still only offering $3 to make the eight. I bet that will change if we win on Saturday.

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Like every season I am watching the points differential, which normally is a very accurate guide through the season as to where we are going to end.

All this season we have been where we belonged i.e. the same place on differential as ladder position. Right now that is 10th and has been for a few weeks.

The difference, and quite a marked difference this season, is the closeness of the differential between 7th and 11th.

The Tigers are 7th (10 points) with a differential of -2.
The Broncos are 12th (8 points) with a differential of only -22.

In between are the Eels, Sharks and Warriors.

On that basis any of those teams could change position among themselves. Any games between us and those teams will be worth double, so the loss to the Tigers was seriously bad.

The game against the Broncos will be very important. It won't get us into the eight but it will make it very difficult to do so if we lose, and for them as well.

Quite honestly I think with Kodi back, and assuming we can keep a good pack healthy without Adam Blair we might just make the eight again.

Don't ask me to put too much money on it though. The TAB picks us to stay at 10th, but still only offering $3 to make the eight. I bet that will change if we win on Saturday.
Agree on the points differential, essentially four pointers, however, we are prone to a few hidings that hurt us in such a tight fight for the eight. I don't think we will make it. The problem with confidence and attitude is no quick fix. Although recent team selections are better , I don't trust Kearney to not panic and revert to his old ways if things go wrong. We'll cause a few upsets but that will be the high lights reel.
We look a bit light across the park to be able to handle injuries too well.

Reaction score

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think we need to take a big scalp to prove that we can make the 8. St George don't count and we almost took Melbourne's. Unfortunately our wins have been over teams that have proven to be quite beatable (e.g. St George).

A win over any of the top 4 (Souths, Storm, Roosters and Raiders) would show that we can take down anyone in the comp and could justify a top 8 prediction.

You can only beat what's put in front of you, so hopefully this week results in another 2 points

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
A win over any of the top 4 (Souths, Storm, Roosters and Raiders) would show that we can take down anyone in the comp and could justify a top 8 prediction.
If it wasn't for the ref we beat Melbourne. We can beat anybody, have no doubt about that.
Agree on the points differential, essentially four pointers, however, we are prone to a few hidings that hurt us in such a tight fight for the eight.
It is the hidings that got us where we are on the ladder. SOO is coming and we do seem to have turned a corner 😏 especially with Kodi arriving and Blair and Kata being axed. Whether that was a symptom or a cause I guess we will find out. I reckon $3 is worth a bet with the TAB this week, because if we win Saturday it won't be $3 anymore.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't see us making the 8

Rabbits
Roosters
Storm
Sharks
Raiders
Knights
Broncos

that's 7

other spot to Manly or Cows I think.
Sharks and Broncs I don’t think are certainties, Knights weren’t great before their current streak and could easily drop if they lose a couple. Cows were awful against a shit Titans side so don’t think they’re necessarily ahead in the pecking order.
We are amazingly still in the hunt just need to string a couple together and if we can do that we are just as in the hunt as those teams I mentioned

Reaction score

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Halfway and we've got every chance of making the 8. Remain injury free, cashing in on SOO period and get the spine to gel. More importantly if they get rid of the dumbness (which put us this low) and are coached to play intelligently, a charge up the ladder in the second half of the season can be very realistic no matter who we play...... lets gone.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I just can't see us making the 8, we can't beat a top 12 team let alone anyone in the top half of the ladder.
I agree

We’ll find a way to fuck it up

We always do.

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If we go into 2020 not having made the top 8 then SK is gonna be #1 pick for 1st coach to be given the boot in 2020.

Reaction score

Angus Young

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
no chance now

not good enough

storm
roosters
rabbits
knights
manly
raiders
sharks
parra

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think the question now is can we avoid being in the bottom 4.
At least Titans and Doggies should ensure we don't get the Spoon, although that might have meant some big changes had to happen fast so could have been a blessing in disguise.

Top Bottom