Recruitment 2019 Warriors Recruitment NEWS & RUMOUR

REPEAT OFF TOPIC OFFENDERS WILL BE BANNED FROM POSTING IN THIS THREAD.

• Total voters
Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Dont know about size. He looks tiny to me. Not very tall and a slight build. Chanel Tevita-Harris makes him look tiny. He would get murdered in the middle on defence. Only place for him is on the wing until he bulks up...
Played his last season of rugby in Hawkes Bay and he would be around 96 -100Kg and was laying on some very big hits and busting lines open. Not sure if he has lost a stack of weight from 15's but he was a very solid build almost Ma Nonu like just 6 months ago. CHT would not be bigger than him unless he has dropped 10 - 15 kg trialing for the Warriors.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Played his last season of rugby in Hawkes Bay and he would be around 96 -100Kg and was laying on some very big hits and busting lines open. Not sure if he has lost a stack of weight from 15's but he was a very solid build almost Ma Nonu like just 6 months ago. CHT would not be bigger than him unless he has dropped 10 - 15 kg trialing for the Warriors.
Must have the wrong guy. Looking at the pics now I think he was the young Fijian player...

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Id be stoked with either Moses or Niko, I think they will play 95% vs 25% either way. But I caution the club to sign short deals as Tevita-Harris is no joke and its about time we used one of our u20s into nsw cup stars properly instead of being a club that creates great players for other clubs to poach.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Be better if he went somewhere to win
Toulouse will win a lot of games next season as not in the SL. They finished in the top 4 last season. James gets to travel to Toronto as well as
towns such as Halifax, Workington, Bradford, Leigh and other jewels of the North.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Assistant Ballboy
Contributor
Reaction score
Be better if he went somewhere to win
Them and Toronto are knocking on the door for promotion and are a cut above the rest of that division (maybe widnes too).

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
CNK to the Raiders?

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good on him, deserves to be closer to first grade. We have winger depth with Beale/Hiku filling in easily, and we have that Pompey fella and the Fijian dude coming up.

Reaction score

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It could be a good move for him.

I can see Wightob playing 6 this season for the Raiders, hence he may get some good game time

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
It will be a shame if he does leave. He added a lot of spark to the side when he was given opportunities. Can understand him leaving if he does though as it didn't look like he was going to get much first grade chances here, missed out in 2018 and I'd guess 2019 would be slim.

Also a shame as at the moment there seems to be more leaving than coming in. Another signing or two would lift my spirits a bit.

Reaction score

valpy73

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
It will be a shame if he does leave. He added a lot of spark to the side when he was given opportunities. Can understand him leaving if he does though as it didn't look like he was going to get much first grade chances here, missed out in 2018 and I'd guess 2019 would be slim.

Also a shame as at the moment there seems to be more leaving than coming in. Another signing or two would lift my spirits a bit.

Reaction score

valpy73

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
If it' true this is all about shaping our squad for the future. I personally believe it's a great move as the guys at the helm I have full belief in.

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If it' true this is all about shaping our squad for the future. I personally believe it's a great move as the guys at the helm I have full belief in.
Wish I had as much faith as u.
Just seems like a funny time to be reshaping our roster when we've just had our best season since Adam was a cowboy.
I felt like our window was now tbh and we were probably one dominant forward away from giving the big boys a real run- now we're being told we can expect some success in 2020 something.... it all sounds a bit pie in the sky.
As it stands I can't see us making much of an impact this year although I'll reserve judgment because I'm assuming there's a couple of signings coming before the season starts and that could make a big difference.
Fingers crossed though- I hope you're right.

Reaction score

valpy73

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Just seems like a funny time to be reshaping our roster when we've just had our best season since Adam was a cowboy.
I felt like our window was now tbh and we were probably one dominant forward away from giving the big boys a real run- now we're being told we can expect some success in 2020 something.... it all sounds a bit pie in the sky.
As it stands I can't see us making much of an impact this year although I'll reserve judgment because I'm assuming there's a couple of signings coming before the season starts and that could make a big difference.

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think with AhMau our pack is solid .
Its a cleverly put together pack .an will get lots of
Quick play the balls an post contact meters.
An with Blair an Harris passing game our forwards
Won't just be doing one out runs. Its a well balanced
Forward pack an recruitment have done it in two years
Totally new pack .

Whole heartedly agree with you though this year
We could have got there with SJ .an co .

Reaction score

valpy73

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
What I think you will find is that it was always the intention to offload either CNK or Ashysford this year with the intention of letting the other go at the end of the season.

The addition of Milne makes our squad better quality as long as he stays on the right path.

The additions we have signed such as the Fijian flyer I believe they are counting to step up in 2020.

For all CNK attacking qualities he did lack in defensive decisions especially when he took the step up to FG.

I think you will find the guy from the Panthers was bought as coverage to cover two positions centre/ halves.

I think you will find they are taking a punt on CTH as well for this year and throw him in at the deep end and see if he sinks or swims. Yes hes very green but players have to start somewhere.

I also think you'll find another preseason with Corvo will increase our forward packs strength and conditioning prime example is Buntys step up last year.

I think you'll find they will try and recruit a couple more forwards for depth but don't expect any big name signings. They will be players that the coaching staff think they can develop.

I think we are short one half as coverage but my bet is they are thinking Lawton.

Top Bottom